• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is 6 straight days too many?

lelder

Earning My Ears
We are going down 12/13-12/20, with the 13 & 20th being travel days. Other than that, we are spending 6 consecutive days in parks. 2 MK (plus MVMCP), one at each of the other parks, and one day at Universal. We are considering bagging Universal because I'm afraid my kids (9 & 7) will be wiped without a rest day. Has anyone done a trip like this? Have any advice?

6 days in parks is okay as long as it's not from open to close each day. At least a few of them should be partial park days, partial resort days.

6 days in parks is okay as long as it's not from open to close each day. At least a few of them should be partial park days, partial resort days.
i agree. Maybe you sleep in AK and/or dHS days and get fastpasses a little later in the day. 2 Universal parks in one day will be a full day and the MK and Epcot are longer days for most so those would be your 2 best bets at having a few shorter days.

I wouldn't because of our particular touring style but if you go easy it should be fine.

We typically do 10 straight days in the parks with no rest days, but we do take breaks during the day. I definitely don't see 6 as "too much".

We don't do Universal, because we prefer to stay in the Disney bubble.

It would be too much for us. I would plan at least 1 rest day in the middle. Our last vacation we were so exhausted by day 3 that we couldn't fully enjoy anything else. Our next trip, we plan to include more down time, although it is so tempting to squeeze in as much as we can into our time there.

I ended up with the schedule that way starting in USO Sunday, then to WDW and no break until the following Sunday. So I'll let you know if it's too much when we get back. :rotfl: In all seriousness, we tend to take breaks during the day so I think the full day off in there is unlikely to be needed.

We've only done one no-parks day in 9 trips, and that was our most recent trip. We do take breaks during the day, though.

That Universal day is going to be exhausting if you try to do everything in one day. If you put it first or last - that would be better. For the ages of your kids - I don't think 6 straight days is too much - but do purposefully plan that they aren't all "up at 6 am and in bed at midnight" - plan more sleep and definitely some down time.

We've always gone to the parks every day, starting from when my son was 2 1/2. We do sometimes take breaks mid-day, never planned it just happens. We are not commando though and have always just kind of gone slow and don't over plan.

We went in 2014 with just our girls, they were 9 and 7 and we did 6 back to back park days (open to close except Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) 2 days MK, 2 days Epcot, 1 day each for the other two and we did fine. You know your family. We were exhausted when we came home, but we were fine while there.

We took our kids the first time when they were 8, 6 and 4. We did parks all six days, but not full days. We were staying off-site, so most days we would head to the parks early in the morning, stay until the kids were tired (usually 2:00-3:00PM), then call it a day and go back to the condo to swim. One night we went mid-afternoon and stayed for fireworks. It worked fine for us, but we did have a stroller for our youngest. Not sure how it would have changed things without it. As long as you are flexible and take cues from your kids on when they've had enough, it should be fine.

If you're staying on property I would definitely say that 6 days straight is completely doable. I would recommended going back to the hotel mid day and napping or just resting.

By 9 and 7, our kids would have been fine. We found we really needed a rest/pool day to break it up when they were little, meaning when we had kids around age 3 in the group.

We don't plan full rest days, but we take breaks in the middle of the day. Were you planning to go into the parks the morning of MVMCP? You could take it easy that morning and then head into the parks at 4 pm.

We've never done a rest day. We do rope drop, leave the parks at lunch to swim and nap, and then return for dinner ADRs at about 6:30 and stay till fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter