Is 1900 Park Fare worth leaving Mk for

Meridagal

Mouseketeer
On dec 20th my adrs are for lunch at BOG and dinner at 1900 at 615. We plan to have a Mk morning and afternoon then head to 1900 for dinner. After that we plan to either head back to Mk for fireworks or to Epcot for extra magic hours. The kids maybe done so we might just head back to the room. I'm just wondering if all this monorail time is worth it? We have reservations for CRT the night before but it is my understanding Cindy is really just available for a pic and the other princesses are the ones going from table to table. Also, I think the grand fl is decked out for Christmas. This is my only adr I'm iffy on. Thanks!

That's exactly what we did during our last trip. We really enjoyed the characters at 1900 PF, so it was worth it to us. The monorail actually stalled for a short time while we were on it, so we arrived a few minutes late. (As did a bunch of people.) So just give yourself plenty of time.

I think it is worth it. We did something similar. My boys loved the step sisters. Cinderalla was eh but they had fun with the step mother and I have some of the best pictures of my 5,8, 10 year old full belly laughing with the step sisters!! one of my favorite Disney memories.

I haven't been at Christmas time (yet), but GF should be really beautiful, and that alone would make the trip worthwhile.
Your kids might enjoy buying something from the Gingerbread House.
The stepsisters at 1900 Park Fare are a hoot, lots of fun. The strawberry soup is so good too. I enjoyed the food when I went.
I hope your lunch at BOG is early, so you will be hungry again by 6.
You could also watch the fireworks from the marina, it is a good view, there at GF after dinner and touring the resort. And/or you could take the boat, to try out a new thing, back over to MK if you decide you want to be back in the park for the fireworks. If it is your only MK night, I really recommend going back to the park to see the fireworks. The most beautiful view is on Main Street looking straight at the castle.
Whatever you decide, have a great trip and make lots of wonderful memories.

I did the same last month. Had an early BoG lunch then dinner at 1900. I was also somewhat hesitant to leave the park, but I agree with previous posters that it is worth it. I had a most lovely time there. I did a review on my DR (link in signature) if you're interested. And being close to MK is another plus.

We love 1900 PF. The food offerings have changed a lot over the last couple years. We were there in February and it was one of our best meals of the trip, and I felt as though the menu was much improved over our prior visit last September. It is a buffet so there is something for everyone. The character interaction is great and the GF is beautiful, especially at Christmastime. It's a must do for us as DD is a big Cinderella fan! We've done CRT, but prefer Royal Akershus and 1900 PF.

It IS worth it!! there is so much to see outside the parks & is often times my FAVORITE part of our vacations! You'll enjoy it very much. pooh:

1900 Park Fare is very good! Disney buffets are about 99.9% better than other buffets!!

Last edited:
1900 Park Fare is our favorite restaurant by a MILE. Worth it to leave MK, for sure. My whole family agrees. If I knew how to post pictures, I would post 30 or more photos of our many times in 1900 Park Fare.

We did this on our first ever trip to WDW. It was a nice relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of the park. Plus..1900 Park Fare remains my favorite meal experience over the 3 trips I have taken to Disney and I absolutley think it is worth leaving the park for.

Yes, it's worth it. GF is beautiful and 1900 has delicious food & dessert. The character interaction is a fun bonus that we all enjoy! Definitely a must-do!

We love dinner at 1900 Park Fare. It is a wonderful break from the park and a quick jaunt back. We always enjoy it so much more than CRT

I have to say the characters at 1900 were totally worth it. Wasn't a fan of the food, but you go for the experience. The step sisters are hilarious and everything was so enjoyable! One of our favorite dining experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter