iOS 7 Now Available

What is an "issue" to some is a simple setting change to others. I hate it when people who don't know how to get around technology on a most basic level, bash an operating system. I'm surprised at how many people cant figure out how to go into preferences and play around till things work.

Many people having "issues" didn't bother to back up their phones before they did the upgrade. Lost contacts, photo or music libraries...a simple backup would prevent those problems.

A few things I LOVE about iOS 7

You can teach Siri to pronounce non-phonetic names correctly

It now takes super fast photos simply by holding down the shutter button or volume buttons.

Before you could have access to the camera on the lock screen, all you had to do was swipe up on the camera icon. Now you can still do that, but you can also slide the screen up and then slamming it back down, causing the camera to "bounce" open.

im guessing all calls and txt go through another app rather than stock?

Nope, that is stock. And providers are Verizon, ATT and Sprint, so it isn't provider related.

Checking my work email it appears with the issue is with Apps launching and freezing the phone, and so far no way to stop the apps from launching or delete the Apps.
Right now a lot of finger pointing from the 2 App companies and Apple. Of course, it worked perfectly under the old OS. :)

Nope, that is stock. And providers are Verizon, ATT and Sprint, so it isn't provider related. Checking my work email it appears with the issue is with Apps launching and freezing the phone, and so far no way to stop the apps from launching or delete the Apps. Right now a lot of finger pointing from the 2 App companies and Apple. Of course, it worked perfectly under the old OS. :)

What apps?

Nope, that is stock. And providers are Verizon, ATT and Sprint, so it isn't provider related.

Checking my work email it appears with the issue is with Apps launching and freezing the phone, and so far no way to stop the apps from launching or delete the Apps.
Right now a lot of finger pointing from the 2 App companies and Apple. Of course, it worked perfectly under the old OS. :)

probably try restoring... only thing i can think of to do and perhaps its gotta do with your work place servers maybe?

My friends @ Disney all have their iPhone updated and their works perfectly fine...

probably try restoring... only thing i can think of to do and perhaps its gotta do with your work place servers maybe?

My friends @ Disney all have their iPhone updated and their works perfectly fine...

Well, so far Apple can't fix it, I suspect they tried that. I don't have a smart phone or even a company phone so only impact on me is I have to call folks on their landlines, or text them.

Google Translate did not work on my 4s after upgrading. I deleted it and reinstalled, works great now. It is a newer, fancier version.

Loved the new iOS7 tips link! A lot of useful features I would never have known about.

I am pleased with almost everything, and thrilled with a lot of things, but the new calendar really stinks! (Can't see the month and today's items all at once anymore, today's date is filled with all empty hours so you have to scroll to see items, it's all so full of "space" it makes it hard to look at, etc.).

I just could not live with it and went searching for a calendar app and now I wish I had been using this one all along. I wanted something very simple! I just want to be able to add appointments quickly and see today and this week at a glance. I found Week Agenda and it's perfect! I can see the week at a glance and tap on items to edit or the date to add, and it uses the old look for setting time, etc. (Now I just hope it doesn't update to the new OS style for that.)

Thought I'd share it here for anyone like me who can't handle the new calendar. :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/week-agenda-ultimate/id647233948?mt=8

HELP! I tried playing with the accessibility option and now I can't control my phone. I have blue lines flashing and rolling on my screen and I don't know what to do. Does anyone know how I can shut it off I can't open any apps I want. I have

Is there any way to forward text messages now? I was able to do it even after upgrading to IOS 7, but now can't seem to be able to. It used to say EDIT up at tyhe top right of the screen, now it says CONTACT

Is there any way to forward text messages now? I was able to do it even after upgrading to IOS 7, but now can't seem to be able to. It used to say EDIT up at tyhe top right of the screen, now it says CONTACT

place finger over txt you want to forward until [copy/more] comes up, hit more and the forwarding arrow will show on bottom right screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter