• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

International Cat Day

So our cat likes toy mice most especially with feathers and ones that rattle, he's very particular about the rattle it has to make enough sound. He loves to throw it up in the air and then brings them upstairs to place in the bedroom for us. He's also all about patterns. I find his toys lined up in a circle sometimes or in an arc.

But I wonder if he'd like the springs too. I'm always on the hunt (no pun intended lol) for new toys I think he might like. Looks like you can throw them in the air, do your cats do that or do they just bat them around and chase after them? I know our cat will play with ping pong balls batting that around and chasing after it when it rolls (and hair ties, he loves hair ties and knows exactly which drawer I keep them in downstairs in the kitchen).
They don’t “spring” the way a normal metal spring would but if you throw them up or toss them at the floor they’ll bounce once or twice. The cats bat them, roll them, chase them, and carry them around in their mouths. They treat our closet and pantry doors like air hockey goals and send them sliding under, so every time we open a door in the house the cats come running to collect their lost prizes. We started with a ten pack last fall and for Christmas I bought them another 100. Still the most played with toy by far.

They don’t “spring” the way a normal metal spring would but if you throw them up or toss them at the floor they’ll bounce once or twice. The cats bat them, roll them, chase them, and carry them around in their mouths. They treat our closet and pantry doors like air hockey goals and send them sliding under, so every time we open a door in the house the cats come running to collect their lost prizes. We started with a ten pack last fall and for Christmas I bought them another 100. Still the most played with toy by far.

I have purchased some of these for my lazy cat! We'll see how she likes them.

Our cat does the same with the mice and hair ties. It's his game to get it under the couch, the ottoman or under the door to the basement. It's one reason I haven't gotten him a toy where there's a ball or something stuck as he would get frustrated at not being able to get it out. Thanks for the information it sounds like he might like them, I've added it to my Amazon list for the time being :)

From left to right:
Merlin, Snickers, Sierra, Chani (not our cat), Calvin.
Merlin is my son Robb’s cat and lives with he and his wife in their own home. Snickers is my son Craig’s cat they live in our house, and Sierra & Calvin belong to my husband and me. 🐾🐾🐈‍⬛🐈

Last edited:
I took this pic this morning and it turned out funny! I swear she's not really that much of a chonk - well, she is a little, but her head looks so tiny because of the camera angle! She hates having her picture taken of course, so I work with what I can get.

I have purchased some of these for my lazy cat! We'll see how she likes them.

My lazy cat likes crinkle-balls best; they are made of the sort of cellophane that is used to wrap baskets, tied into a bundle, bound in the middle and fluffed out into a ball shape. They are shiny, make a crinkle noise, and are very batt-able. I also make my own fuzzy cat springs with pipe cleaners: twist 2 cleaners together, then wind them around 2 fingers into the shape of a spring, stretch a bit to get a nice round rollable profile, then toss to the kitties. Very cheap way to give them a lot of toys.

My younger one likes felt mice. She has a really strong hunting instinct, and stalks them all over the place. Only problem is, once she "catches" them she systematically disembowels them with a claw slash down the belly, so I find the stuffing all over the place. (For some reason, purple stuffy mice are extra-special, and treasured.) She stashes them under the rocker in the living room. A few weeks ago I had an A/C tech in the house; he stumbled over a cache of the cat's trophies and gave me a *really* weird look; it looked like a stuffed-mouse charnel house under there.

Anyone else's cats like to watch squirrel-vision? My two sit at the french doors at the back of the house and watch the squirrels for hours, sitting up for all the world like they are in a theatre.

Uh oh, I can’t promise they’ll motivate a lazy cat! :cat: Mine are all young and full of energy!

I received these the otehr day and Silvian does play with them. She's not that enthusiastic, but they get kicked around. She likes when I toss them. They seem pretty good and can replace the Khyber Crystal that she loved to play with.

I received these the otehr day and Silvian does play with them. She's not that enthusiastic, but they get kicked around. She likes when I toss them. They seem pretty good and can replace the Khyber Crystal that she loved to play with.
Good to hear! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter