Interesting read....how the Rich do Disney World

It's been there for a few years now, they have model homes, you can go tour it. The new Four Seasons resort is also there. It is right next to Fort Wilderness.

I've seen these houses and most of them are in the millions and they are strictly vacation homes for the most part they won't like let you live there. The four seasons is right next to these houses.

You can live there. A couple of the first articles talked about families who moved to Golden Oaks.

I watched videos on them and they tried to emphasize vacation homes but didn't say you couldn't live there.

Golden Oak is marketed as a vacation home. There are permanent residents though most use it as a vacation home. Where in the video is it emphasized you can't live there, I must have missed that part...

Golden Oak is marketed as a vacation home. There are permanent residents though most use it as a vacation home. Where in the video is it emphasized you can't live there, I must have missed that part...
they didn't emphasize you couldn't live there they just tried to sell it as a vacation home rather than a year round home.

I watched videos on them and they tried to emphasize vacation homes but didn't say you couldn't live there.

If I pay $2 million for the house and then I am on the hook for $25k a year in fees, I will dang well do what I want with it. :)

If I pay $2 million for the house and then I am on the hook for $25k a year in fees, I will dang well do what I want with it. :)
I agree some of the people that make that much money already have a few homes when they would buy this one in Orlando as well. We can dream right.

After reading several posts and threads on the Dis about Brazilians in WDW, I couldn't help but be amused at this line in the article in question...

(Interestingly, there are a lot of Brazilian families living there, since Disney is huge in Brazil; you can even view the website in Portuguese.)

Thanks for reminding me to get my tickets! I'd buy a house in Golden Oaks too if I win.

Hands down, if i won the lottery I would buy a house there and retire from the world of accounting. Maybe get a job in Disnye just for fun LOL Such a short commute LOL

Hands down, if i won the lottery I would buy a house there and retire from the world of accounting. Maybe get a job in Disnye just for fun LOL Such a short commute LOL

As a resident, Disney will provide, for a fee, a limo and driver. That would be a great way to get to work!

Count me in! :thumbsup2 As soon as I figure out which of my rich long lost family members has a fortune to give me upon his/her demise.:lmao::lmao:

Seriously, that seems to be the best place in the world to retire. Drive a golf cart around all day, golf, swimming and just enough Mickey to keep you from turning into Grumpy.:goodvibes

Count me in! :thumbsup2 As soon as I figure out which of my rich long lost family members has a fortune to give me upon his/her demise.:lmao::lmao: Seriously, that seems to be the best place in the world to retire. Drive a golf cart around all day, golf, swimming and just enough Mickey to keep you from turning into Grumpy.:goodvibes
I agree I need to find some rich long lost family members that I can get this house when I retire.

I've seen these houses and most of them are in the millions and they are strictly vacation homes for the most part they won't like let you live there. The four seasons is right next to these houses.

We have gone and talked to the realtors at Golden Oak and toured the model homes. You can live there, or have it be your vacation home. What you can not do is own it and rent it out as a short term vacation rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter