Insert thread title here... a Sept 2022 Pre-Trip Report NOPE Jan 2023?

Ticklefart

Earning My Ears
Hello friends, I am going to go ahead and start a pre-trip report that no one will read, and may get abandoned. It’s just practice for the trip report that I’ll write in my head and never post. Don’t let your dreams stay dreams.

We are a DC area super rad family of two teachers (yours truly and my husband Ribs) and three kids (Pancake, Sardines, and Egg). As a family, we have been to Disney World twice now, once in 2017 when the kids were 6, 4, and 2 months, and again in 2019. Here is a link to my previous pre-trip report, from our 2019 trip: https://www.disboards.com/threads/g...-title-pre-trip-report-4-27-5-4-2019.3733020/
Not much has changed except that we’re all 3+ years older. At the time of this trip (maybe), Pancake will be 11, Sardines will be 9, and Egg will be 5. This will be our first family Disney trip without diapers!

I’ve made zero reservations so far, and I’m still not 100% certain this trip is a go. First and foremost is ironing out reservations with Southwest, using our travel funds and my points. UPDATE before I even posted: Trip date has been moved because Southwest is difficult sometimes.

Dates:
We’re bad parents and taking the kids out of school, but trying to pair it up with a holiday, so they only miss 2 or 3 days. Our school district is off for Rosh Hashanah on Sept 26, which is a Monday, and since our family doesn’t celebrate, it seems like a good time to go. So our tentative dates are Wed 9/21 (or Thurs 9/22) through Monday 9/26.

Lol no. Our Southwest travel funds expire 9/7, and travel must be completed by that date. I am NOT going in August, so the plan is to let them expire, then have them reapplied as LUV vouchers that can be used for six months. We’re going to lose $100 that way but I just can’t be bothered about it anymore. It can’t be helped or changed, so we’re going to live with it and move on. The window for expiration and the dates we wanted is just too narrow, so there goes September. That said, we have one day off school in late January for a random reason, so we’re taking advantage of that and tentatively looking at Tuesday 1/24- Sunday 1/29. So, we just passed the 10 month mark! Woooo!

Where to stay:
Welllllll, we have previously stayed at Art of Animation and Pop, which are totally our comfort zone as far as price, and we don’t really do fancy. But now that Egg is a real person, we are officially 5 people and can’t get the standard two queen bed hotel rooms anymore. Well, at Disney anyway. So our options changed, and the cheapest rooms we can get are one with a 5th sleeper, at Port Orleans Riverside or Caribbean Beach Resort, or the family suites at All Star Music. Since we’re movin’ on up and all, we’re going for CBR (most likely) or POR (possibly). I like the theming and feel of POR better, but the Skyliner is a big draw.

Parks/Tickets:
All over the place with this. Trying to stay on budget, but park hoppers are so nice with kids because Ribs and I can split up for evening outings, depending on what the kids want to go back to. Still, it’s a big upcharge. And I have no idea whether to spring for Genie+. Also not sure about number of days in the parks. The flights I’m aiming for put us in Orlando early, and leaving late, so it’ll be possible to go to parks on both travel days. But do we want to?

Next post will be Must Dos/Hope Tos. Maybe. Or maybe I’ll abandon this report too. Stay tuned and find out!

Just found your PTR . Following along. Looking forward to reading more.

"We’re bad parents and taking the kids out of school, but trying to pair it up with a holiday, so they only miss 2 or 3 days. Our school district is off for Rosh Hashanah on Sept 26, which is a Monday, and since our family doesn’t celebrate, it seems like a good time to go. So our tentative dates are Wed 9/21 (or Thurs 9/22) through Monday 9/26."

We're also bad parents, and we are taking advantage of Rosh Hashanah and booked 9/22-9/28. That said, our oldest will be 5, so he'll be starting kindergarten in the fall. We also have expiring Southwest travel funds, but we redeemed a boatload of points instead. Thanks for the tip of letting them expire and reapplied as LUV vouchers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter