In's and Out's of booking a room with a service animal

HesATramp

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

I'm wondering if you all could guide me on how to book a room for someone with a service animal. Is it something that I would need to call and notify, or would I be able to do it via the website. I found it very vague at best any information I could find on the website.

Thank you in advance!

Until next time,
John

Hello all!

I'm wondering if you all could guide me on how to book a room for someone with a service animal. Is it something that I would need to call and notify, or would I be able to do it via the website. I found it very vague at best any information I could find on the website.

Thank you in advance!

Until next time,
John

I think you would need to call in about it. I don't recall seeing anything when I booked on the website about service animals (or even a place to note anything)

This is a link to the WDW website page about travel with a Service Animal. It includes a phone number and email address for WDW Disability Services.
WDW Service Animals

The link to Resorts on that page just goes to the regular resorts info/booking page. I don’t think you need to do anything special for your resort, but you could contact Disability Services if you have questions.

https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm
There's really nothing you have to do to notify the hotel - a service dog is allowed to stay in a hotel even if there are no pets allowed. If you just want to give them a heads up out of courtesy, or have special requests (like first floor room, etc) then call your hotel directly. The owner of the service dog is expected to bring all needed equipment for the dog's wellbeing.

https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm
There's really nothing you have to do to notify the hotel - a service dog is allowed to stay in a hotel even if there are no pets allowed. If you just want to give them a heads up out of courtesy, or have special requests (like first floor room, etc) then call your hotel directly. The owner of the service dog is expected to bring all needed equipment for the dog's wellbeing.
While it is true you don't need to notify them, depending on the resort, it may be a good idea to do so, that way they can try to put you in a room near a relief area and/or setup a relief area nearby for you, some can even set one up on the balcony from what I understand, but they aren't great setups when they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter