Input...Club Level at AKL or COR

enchantedpixiedust

Old Timer
Hello...

We decided to make some changes to our upcoming trip and switch to club level since we're planning on spending more time at the resort. I've stayed at AKL but not at Coronado in the last 10 years. Which would you choose between the two for a week solely based on lounges? We were CL at the Poly in December, we loved it but it was chaos in there the entire stay. It would be us two old people and an 18, 23 year old.

Thanks!

We have stayed CL AKL in a couple of years ago and had to walk for 5-10 minutes to get from our room to the club... doesnt sound like a big deal, but it was very inconvenient. You can't beat the theme though... beautiful. We did Coronado last Thanksgiving and loved it. There is also an awesome view of the fire works from the club. I can't speak to the resort if trying to decide from a location perspective, but I did enjoy Coronado. I feel that AKL had more variety of offerings in the lounge, but wasn't a huge deal. AKL seemed more busy, but I know that can vary like the wind!

The Concierge Level rooms at Jambo House are on the 4th floor. They used to be on the 5th and 6th floors, but those were taken over by DVC renovations into villas. The lounge is on the 6th floor.

AKL is a gorgeous and unique resort, so I tip my hat in that direction. The reson why club level rooms are on the 4th floor is that floor has superior views of the savanna than the higher floors, which sometimes have views obscured by trees, and of course you're closer to the animals if you're on the 4th floor than up on the top floor.

I’d pick AKL. Love their CL. We usually take afternoon breaks and really enjoyed the afternoon tea. Scones, jam, clotted cream. Yum.
I haven’t stayed at CSR in their new tower with CL. But it is a moderate so I think their CL probably isn’t the same as a Deluxe resort.

AKL is a gorgeous and unique resort, so I tip my hat in that direction. The reson why club level rooms are on the 4th floor is that floor has superior views of the savanna than the higher floors, which sometimes have views obscured by trees, and of course you're closer to the animals if you're on the 4th floor than up on the top floor.
No, the reason they are on the 4th floor is that the 5th and 6th floor are all DVC villas. 4th is the highest floor for hotel rooms except for a few suites on the 5th floor.

No, the reason they are on the 4th floor is that the 5th and 6th floor are all DVC villas. 4th is the highest floor for hotel rooms except for a few suites on the 5th floor.
I know that 5th & 6th are DVC. It would have been more logical to make 4th & 5th DVC, and have club on 6th, same floor as the lounge, except that better savanna views are on the 4th floor, which imo is why the 4th floor is club level instead of 6th. Club level pays a lot more per stay than DVC, so Disney gave them the best rooms, as is typical.

I know that 5th & 6th are DVC. It would have been more logical to make 4th & 5th DVC, and have club on 6th, same floor as the lounge, except that better savanna views are on the 4th floor, which imo is why the 4th floor is club level instead of 6th. Club level pays a lot more per stay than DVC, so Disney gave them the best rooms, as is typical.
No, it wouldn't have been. The 6th floor has five two bedroom lockoffs (so about 15 hotel room converted to DVC villas). Before the conversion, the 6th floor was the smoking optional area for Club Level and all of the 5th floor was non-smoking Club Level. 6th floor has poor views and if it hadn't been the smoking optional floor, guests would have complained about paying for Club Level and having a terrible view. DVC had to take the 6th floor when it was decided to convert the 5th floor (other than the suites) to villas. When we stayed on the 5th floor Club Level, it was a bigger room and the view was really nice. But that was a long time ago before the DVC conversion. If DVC converted both the 4th and 5th floors, there would be more DVC villas than hotel rooms at Jambo House.

With DVC conversions, Disney gets a bunch of money up front to pay for other renovations in the hotel side. Afterwards, there is no cost to Disney since DVC maintenance fees pay for everything else, plus they pay a portion of the shared costs, like Transportation, staffing, etc. The DVC conversion at the Polynesian pretty much paid for the lobby changes and the pool changes. Jambo House often had a lot of vacancies, so Disney had to offer deals to get the rooms filled. With DVC taking up a bunch of the rooms, their costs go way down and they can charge more to stay since they don't have as many vacancies.

I haven’t stayed at CSR in their new tower with CL. But it is a moderate so I think their CL probably isn’t the same as a Deluxe resort.

Just FWIW, while yes it is a moderate and the old “business class” designation at CSR was very much a watered down CL, I’d suggest the new Grand Destino Tower CL is every bit as equal (if not better in some areas) than a Deluxe Resort CL (in my opinion). The lounge is beautiful (and very large), food and beverage offerings are quite abundant (it helps having a fine dining restaurant directly upstairs), CM service and attentiveness in my experience has been every bit equal to or greater than Deluxes. While no CL is is perfect, I give GDT CL pretty high marks as holding its own relative to the Deluxes. A

I know I'm still rather new to this, but I've stated a few times my love for Coronado's club lounge. It's so roomy and quiet compared to others I've stayed at. And the view... WOW.

coronado.jpg

You can see Epcot there, Disney Springs way in the background, Tower of Terror, and more to the right you can see Galaxy's Edge. I don't know what the views on the other side of the building look like, but I imagine they're pretty awesome as well.

Just FWIW, while yes it is a moderate and the old “business class” designation at CSR was very much a watered down CL, I’d suggest the new Grand Destino Tower CL is every bit as equal (if not better in some areas) than a Deluxe Resort CL (in my opinion). The lounge is beautiful (and very large), food and beverage offerings are quite abundant (it helps having a fine dining restaurant directly upstairs), CM service and attentiveness in my experience has been every bit equal to or greater than Deluxes. While no CL is is perfect, I give GDT CL pretty high marks as holding its own relative to the Deluxes. A
Good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter