Information on DPC for a dancer

dancr4life

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I was wondering if there were any former DPC members that were involved in the productions on stage (Beauty&the Beast, etc.)? I'm a dancer and have been one my whole life. I'm very interested in the performance aspect of Disney. Even if I could just help with costumes or other technical production areas, I would be thrilled! I really want to do the DPC before I graduate from college because I believe it would prepare me for life after college. Any information about being a performer with the DPC would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

The only College Program positions in entertainment are "Character Performers," and then it is mostly for furs. Also, your height plays a major, major part in making it through the auditions for that. 5' down and 6' up have the best chances of passing audition.

The stage shows like Beauty & the Beast are Equity performers, and their contract with WDW states they will not perform with college program participants. You can certainly audition for those shows after you complete your program. They typically require a one year contract.

Hello!

I was wondering if there were any former DPC members that were involved in the productions on stage (Beauty&the Beast, etc.)? I'm a dancer and have been one my whole life. I'm very interested in the performance aspect of Disney. Even if I could just help with costumes or other technical production areas, I would be thrilled! I really want to do the DPC before I graduate from college because I believe it would prepare me for life after college. Any information about being a performer with the DPC would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I know my son was in the professional internship program in his last year of undergrad. He had already performed professionally with several dance troups, yet was not allowed to pick up any work as a dancer. He could pick up extra hours at attractions etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter