Incredicoaster

aggieanelson

Earning My Ears
I know this topic has been discussed a few times but I wanted to ask a different question in regards to Incredicoaster. I am a big baby on Roller Coasters and I do not like them one bit, the speed and drops are what get me. I do ride splash mountain, space mountain, big thunder, etc in Disneyland and I love them and have no problem with them. At Universal I did ride Hagrids and it was a love / hate ride for me. I would probably ride it again but I would have to coach myself on it. So with that being said in regards to those that have rode Hagrids, what's the comparison? I am taking my son to DCA soon and he really wants me to do this with him. Thanks for your input.

I would think if you can do space mountain you can do incredicoaster. My tall 7 year old insisted on going on it and had a blast, but hated space mountain. Other than the launch and the loop I find it very much similar to Big Thunder, maybe just a little faster and a little higher.

Watch some POV videos on YouTube, that might help.

Incredicoaster is probably the most intense coaster Disney has. It is more comparable to the Aerosmith Rock'n Rollercoaster if you are familliar with that. It only has the one inversion though, but it's much more intense than the DL coasters. Hagrids is pretty fast, but not as rough and no inversions - I think Incredicoaster is more intense.

The thing with incredicoaster is that it goes so wonderfully fast up the hill! I love that about it, but it is very intense. I can ride anything (knock on wood) as long as it is moving when high (so no ferris wheels) but this is much different then TM or SM.
The inversion is not a big deal I don't think, but flying up that hill is pretty intense!

If your challenge is a fear thing (as opposed to motion sickness), I would say Hagrids feels almost as intense because of the open seating. If it’s a motion sickness thing, the backwards part of Hagrids can do a number on my equilibrium (even more so on Disneys Expedition Everest).

I think Incredicoaster is just a little more intense than DL Space Mountain, but I’m sure others will disagree.

One nice thing about Incredicoaster is the story of hunting for Jack Jack is actually very good and quite funny. A nice distraction if you need it.

It’s definitely more intense than Space mountain, but SM really messes with my equilibrium (it’s got to be the rollar coaster in the dark thing). I can do incredicoaster 3X in a row before it starts to mess with my equilibrium.

Totally different kind of coaster to Space. Not sure I’d compare them.

Space is a county fair wild mouse - its intensity comes from tight turns but you’re never going very fast, and you never “look down”. It feels like a dark ride.

Incredicoaster is a thrill ride. Its intensity comes from speed, perception of speed, and feeling of falling, while being very much able to see how high you are.

I’d suggest that the OP would probably not like Incredicoaster.

If you sit in the front car of Incredicoaster, it's a quite mild ride. You can ask to wait for the front and they will always let you do so.
I would recommend that. I would also recommend riding it after dark. It's a much better ride when you can actually see the lighting effects inside the tunnels.

I would compare it to Expedition Everest, personally. I find Rock and Rollercoaster to be FAR more intense and rough than Incredicoaster. Incredicoaster is quite smooth.

Have not been on Hagrids, but I VERY much disagree that Incredicoaster is Disney's most intense coaster. It's top speed is only about 55mph, which is less than RnRC and Tron, and perhaps even Guardians at this point. For comparison, Space is like 25mph and Big Thunder is 35.

People tend to get hung up on the one loop. I will tell you something: it just feels like you have gotten 20lbs heavier, temporarily. There is downward pressure on your upper body while you are in it. There is no sense of actually being upside down.

Try it. It's a pretty mild coaster.

It’s definitely more intense than Space mountain, but SM really messes with my equilibrium (it’s got to be the rollar coaster in the dark thing). I can do incredicoaster 3X in a row before it starts to mess with my equilibrium.
For me its the loop on incredicoaster that gets me. Kinda have to shake the cobwebs lose after the loop but then its like I want to ride it again., and again and again.

Incredicoaster is more intense than Hagrid's, BUT the shoulder harness makes you feel safer if that makes any sense. With Hagrid's, there's always that fear of flying out of the vehicle.

Drops get me too. But! I was convinced to go on it for the first time last year. I ended up going on it again because the drops aren't straight, they kinda curl so it doesn't feel like a drop, more like going really fast in a very long curl if that makes any sense.

If you were able to handle Hagrid’s and can do the drop in Splash, I think you’ll be okay. Incredicoaster isn’t as wickedly smooth as Hagrids, and it only has one launch instead of….seven. LOL. It has two decent drops, but they’re short and curving, as noted above. Just don’t let your head bang on the restraint bars. :)

(This is making me want to ride Guardians and Hagrid’s again. We need a next-gen coaster out here! :))

Incredicoaster isn't particularly thrilling, apart from the cool launch. Its run is pretty smooth for the most part. No stomach-dropping feeling like on Splash, if that's what you're worried about. What gets me is the intense braking and starting several times during the ride. I swear I thought that stopping and starting was going to make me thrown up, and those deep bucket seats don't give you the opportunity to aim it outside of the car. They definitely added these brake runs since its California Screamin' incarnation.

Incredicoaster isn't particularly thrilling, apart from the cool launch. Its run is pretty smooth for the most part. No stomach-dropping feeling like on Splash, if that's what you're worried about. What gets me is the intense braking and starting several times during the ride. I swear I thought that stopping and starting was going to make me thrown up, and those deep bucket seats don't give you the opportunity to aim it outside of the car. They definitely added these brake runs since its California Screamin' incarnation.

What brake runs? That is not a typical operation mode for IC. It does not start and stop several times. It stops once, at the end, near the house with the giant Jack Jack. If it stops at any other point, it's an e stop. I ride this thing about once a week. Never experienced what you are talking about.

What brake runs? That is not a typical operation mode for IC. It does not start and stop several times. It stops once, at the end, near the house with the giant Jack Jack. If it stops at any other point, it's an e stop. I ride this thing about once a week. Never experienced what you are talking about.
There are a couple that weren't there (or used less) before when it was California Screamin'. The jerking slow-downs and starts at these brake sections nearly did me in.

There’s quite a few brake runs on Incredicoaster. They don’t stop the ride, they control the speed. Some may not even be active all the time, depending on several factors. One that is always active is the one at the top of the tunnel with Elastigirl, where the ride artificially slows you prior to the next drop.

Brake runs are at the arrows.
IMG_0636.jpeg

There’s quite a few brake runs on Incredicoaster. They don’t stop the ride, they control the speed. Some may not even be active all the time, depending on several factors. One that is always active is the one at the top of the tunnel with Elastigirl, where the ride artificially slows you prior to the next drop.

Brake runs are at the arrows.
View attachment 777920
Right. There's also one at the far end, before the small bunny hills heading back to the end of the ride and station area. Most coasters have at least one brake run (not counting the usual lift hill, which is technically a brake area because the train can be stopped) so that multiple trains can be on the track at a single time. If one train doesn't clear a brake run, the train behind it can't move into the next section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter