include baby in party size or no?

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
I recently made all of our ADRs and did include our baby, who will be 9 months old at the time of our trip, in all of our ressies - ie party of 4 - me, DH, DD1 and DD2. But then when I was giving my credit card number to guarantee my ressie at Askerhaus, I wondered if I should. After all she doesn't get charged for her meal, right? Did I do it right or not?

I believe you are correct. All infants and toddlers are supose to be added in the party size.

If you are on the dining plan then your CC should not be charged.

If you did it online the total should be $0. If you booked by phone then keep an eye out on your CC as they seem to often charge it by mistake.

Yes, you did it right. The infant is still a person (albeit a little one) and still counts to the total. That is exactly why the original site asked ages (and why the pre-pays that still use the v1 site still do). For Akershus you won't be charged unless you don't show up and don't cancel in time.

If you were to book a prepaid meal, and both your daughters were under 3 at the time of dining, you'd be charged for 2 adults and that's it.

Yes, we have a 4 month old going with us this time and they said he must be included in our count due to fire codes. I did wonder though what happens if people show up for an ADR and didn't include an infant. Will they still be seated? Maybe only if there is "room" for the additional person in accordance with the codes?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter