Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Final thoughts/future trips 4/2p90 The End 4/4p92

It's ok I always overpack too! I would get so weirded out flying on 9/11, so you girls are defiently braver than me.

I am so happy to be a part of this TR! :woohoo: I'm not that good at writing TR's on my own so being MEK's sidekick-commentator is a great way to start. :thumbsup2

This was definitely an impromptu trip! She said I needed to go to WDW one more time before school and offered to accompany me. Not one to back down from a WDW offer I called her bluff and made the ressie at BLT! It didn't seem real at first. Nothing did; quitting my job, going back to school, or going to WDW. The first two things on that list were put on hold but not the last one; we were DISNEYBOUND!

When people found out I was going back to WDW (again) they assumed I was taking my family -:lmao:- and were surprised, if not shocked when they found out I was going with a GF only.

Mama needs a vaca from being Mama; KWIM? :cool2:

I usually travel with the mantra: If you forgot to pack it, buy it; if you can't buy it, you didn't really need it. After this trip I might amend that to say: if you can't buy it, have a friend overnight it to you! I'm sure we'll talk about that later :rolleyes:

So, MEK was packed days before we left while I was literally still grabbing things as I walked out the door!

Here is how differently we pack:

Mary Ellen
9-10_WDW_02.jpg

One medium/large suitcase, large backpack, rolling cooler, and a camera bag!

Me
9-10_WDW_01.jpg

One medium/large suicase and a hip pack.

I kept asking her if she wanted me to carry something, but she had it under control.

De plane, de plane!
9-10_WDW_04.jpg

Hum the Jaws theme to this one...
9-10_WDW_03.jpg

D4D

Inching My Way Closer to the Castle!

:welcome: Jen my conconspirator!!!!!!!!

Count me in! :surfweb: I can't wait to hear all about it and see your great pics!

Kathy
:welcome: Kathy! So happy to have you back for another TR! And whatever I forget I am sure Jen will remember! :thumbsup2

Woot! You started!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

I sure did and I already posted a hidden link to my TR. I am so proud that I learned a new computer skill! :rotfl:

Woo hoo!!!!

So happy you started!!!! I have been patiently waiting :rolleyes1 Love the title!!! Absolutely perfect!! :thumbsup2 Hmmmm that IS a lot of luggage!!! ;)

:rotfl2: Ya think?????? I am a really weird packer. I swear I take the same amount of luggage for a 5 day trip as I would for a 10 day trip. I blame it on the running clothes. :rotfl:

BTW.....:welcome:

Ughhhhh I can't believe you lost that shirt! I love the colors :sad1:

Tracy

I can't believe I lost it either. I think I must have thrown it in the laundry basket at VWL but it probably landed in the back of the closet. I have the same shirt with blue and pink, but its not the same.

Very sad, it's a super cute shirt!

DME Rockstars!!!!!!!!!! I love it! And I love that you overpacked :rotfl: sadly, my bags won't fly free but that probably won't keep me from overpacking for May!
:welcome: Cynthia!

I know...sad....:sad2: I hate to lose things - especially clothes.

:thumbsup2for overpacking. I told you we are going to get along so well. We have all the same habits!

Oh and the DME rockstar......that was your phrase and I thank you for it! :worship:

I'm here! now going back to read!
:welcome: Disneymoon! Thanks for joining the party!

I love this! I would love to do a girls only trip someday!

A GF trip was so much fun. I definitely recommend it!

:woohoo: you've begun! Can't wait to hear about all the fun and see more of your beautiful pictures

:welcome: Dawn So glad you are joining in the fun!

I'm so excited that you have started!!

There is no such thing as overpacking for Disney. :rolleyes1:lmao:
:welcome: LL....So happy to have you joining in for the fun!

And you're right...there ISNT such a thing as overpacking. :rotfl: I'm going to have to tell Jen that!

I'm in can't wait to hear about MNSSHP!!!
:welcome: Caitlin! MNSSHP was so much fun. I love the way the park is decorated. It's so cool.

I'm here and going back to read now! :yay:
:welcome: Denise! So glad to have you along for the ride!

I wanna join in on the fun too!
:welcome: Mickeystoontown! Thanks for joining in on the fun! I hope there's a lot of it!

:cool1::banana: Wooo hoooo! I'm so excited you started! Can't wait to hear more!
:welcome: Melissa! I promise to post more soon! I wanted to do it tonight but now I'm not so sure.

YAY! I'm subbing!!:yay:
:welcome: sheree! So happy you are here to join in!!!!!

I'm here!!! :woohoo:

:welcome: Jackie! So glad you made it!

I'm here too! But I missed page 1.:sad2:
:welcome: Vanessa! I thought about you when I stayed at the FQ!

Yay, so happy you started!!! :cool1:
:welcome: Jen! It took me a little while to get going, but now I am ready to get this TR off the ground.

Loved your Mickey bag! How cute! This should be a fun trip :banana:
:welcome:heaven2dc! so glad to have you join in. And thanks for the compliment on the bag. I really wasn't sure how it would look until it arrived. And this was a really fun trip!

It's ok I always overpack too! I would get so weirded out flying on 9/11, so you girls are defiently braver than me.
:welcome: Sleeping*Beauty. Thanks for joining in my TR. And, yes, it was a little strange flying on 911, but more on that in the next update!

Notice that I have actually left a page for chapter links. I may end up with a really lengthy page, but I am determined to do it right this time!

I really would like to do an update tonight but I managed to pick up the cold that Brian and Nick had while I was away. I gotta tell you, this cold has knocked me on my @$$. I think I might go to bed early tonight, but I promise to update tomorrow.

MEK said:
And you're right...there ISNT such a thing as overpacking. I'm going to have to tell Jen that!

Dude, I don't overpack; instead I've left stuff I need in Orlando waiting for me, it's called my Owner's Locker, remember?

:rotfl: :jumping1::rotfl:

D4D

I'm here and so looking forward to another MaryEllen trip report and the added addition of Jen adding in as well.

I admit it. I'm an overpacker!:scared1:

This report is going to be a blast!

Mary Ellen I'm sorry you're feeling bad. It's tough to come back from vacation and be sick. I hope you heal fast.

Jen, I can't wait to find out what you forgot.:eek:

I'm here, I'm here! I will be back ASAP to read. I'm so far behind on everything due to a lovely little migraine I've been dealing with. :rolleyes: I'm excited to read all about it!!

Dude, I don't overpack; instead I've left stuff I need in Orlando waiting for me, it's called my Owner's Locker, remember?

:rotfl: :jumping1::rotfl:

D4D

I'm not gonna lie - that owner's locker is pretty nice. You should see all the stuff Jen has in there - first of all...REAL coffee mugs and secondly......Christmas and Halloween lights. I will admit - the Owner's locker is a nifty little invention. I wish I had thought of it.

I can't believe we didn't take a picture of the owner's locker. We took pictures of everything else....doh!

I'm here and so looking forward to another MaryEllen trip report and the added addition of Jen adding in as well.
:welcome: Kathy! Are you at the beach now? I know you are still on va-kay! Love those beach vacations where you actually have time to DIS. How was the world?????? Hope you guys had lots and lots of fun!

I will leave you with a pic of our first ride!

9-10-WDW-05.jpg

MCO Monorail!

D4D

That is an awesome pic Jen! :worship: I think I tried for the same pic but by the time I put all my bags down the monorail was gone. :rolleyes1

IMG_7886.jpg

IMG_7885.jpg

See what I mean??????

:

The only time it bothers me is in the airport. Usually I'm with Denny and he takes anything heavy. Jen kept offering to help me but I was determined to suffer in silence because I felt stupid for having all those bags.

This report is going to be a blast!

I hope so! :thumbsup2

I
Mary Ellen I'm sorry you're feeling bad. It's tough to come back from vacation and be sick. I hope you heal fast.

Thanks. My oldest son was pretty sick this weekend so I'm not surprised I've got it. Hopefully it will stay mild like it is now. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Jen, I can't wait to find out what you forgot.:eek:

It's not so much what she forgot, its the lengths she went to in order to replace it. :laughing:

I'm here, I'm here! I will be back ASAP to read. I'm so far behind on everything due to a lovely little migraine I've been dealing with. :rolleyes: I'm excited to read all about it!!

Migraines stink. I hope you are feeling better soon, but in the mean time.....
:welcome: Brooke! You haven't missed too much yet. Unfortunately, I want get an update in tonight, but hopefully I will do one tomorrow.

Okay, all caught up now! I'm so excited to hear about BLT - since we are staying there in March! :woohoo:

I'm with Jen - I agree with the motto she has about buying it/not needing it...but :eek: on the over-nighting....that sounds like an interesting story!!! :laughing:

I

Mama needs a vaca from being Mama; KWIM? :cool2:

Completely know what you mean! :thumbsup2

I usually travel with the mantra: If you forgot to pack it, buy it; if you can't buy it, you didn't really need it. After this trip I might amend that to say: if you can't buy it, have a friend overnight it to you! I'm sure we'll talk about that later :rolleyes:

:rotfl:

:rotfl2: Ya think?????? I am a really weird packer. I swear I take the same amount of luggage for a 5 day trip as I would for a 10 day trip. I blame it on the running clothes. :rotfl:

sometimes I take more for the short trip, especially if it's in a season where you just don't know how warm/cold it will be!

And besides, I don't think the cooler really counts as a packing/overpacking item. I mean if you drove and stopped by the store, those grocery bags wouldn't count. Right?

Really, I can justify almost anything!

:thumbsup2for overpacking. I told you we are going to get along so well. We have all the same habits!

Yep.

Coffee on the balcony in the morning - CHECK!
Wine on the balcony in the afternoon - CHECK!
Rum in the refillable mug by the pool - CHECK!
Really good food- CHECK!

Run in the morning....

well...........maybe.

I'll get up and walk though :rotfl:

Oh and the DME rockstar......that was your phrase and I thank you for it! :worship:

hmmn, now I have to remember who said that about me :rotfl:

I really would like to do an update tonight but I managed to pick up the cold that Brian and Nick had while I was away. I gotta tell you, this cold has knocked me on my @$$. I think I might go to bed early tonight, but I promise to update tomorrow.

or were you too busy plotting other adventures?

:rotfl:we can have a contest, come in May and we will see who over packs the most.

I'm not gonna lie - that owner's locker is pretty nice. You should see all the stuff Jen has in there - first of all...REAL coffee mugs and secondly......Christmas and Halloween lights. I will admit - the Owner's locker is a nifty little invention. I wish I had thought of it.
I :love: real coffee cups. I actually ordered special ones for our 09 trip and had them sent to the room as I knew the ones at FW were tiny. :rotfl:

It's not so much what she forgot, its the lengths she went to in order to replace it. :laughing:

I can't wait to see what it is!

Jen---thanks for the pictures of Sherpa Mary Ellen :laughing:
True I would rather have too much then not pack enough but I always do laundry at least once if I am in a studio and more than that if I am in a 1br. :sad2: And yeah...the cooler doesn't count ;)
Great pictures of your first ride! :thumbsup2

Hope you are feeling better :)

Tracy

Holy Cow! I am here and you are not on page 432!!! :lmao:

Thanks for doing this report and also thanks for everything a few weeks ago. You helped more than I can ever say and I think you are an angel!!! :littleangel:

Now get crackin my friend! :dance3:

:welcome: Kathy! Are you at the beach now? I know you are still on va-kay! Love those beach vacations where you actually have time to DIS. How was the world?????? Hope you guys had lots and lots of fun!

Yes, MaryEllen, we are on Marco Island now (we'll be here until midafternoon on Tuesday before our flight home. We spent 90 minute with Nicki at coffee yesterday morning, an hour this morning and tonight we are having dinner with her and her husband, Todd. We are having a blast. And I love being able to finally catch up on the DIS when I need a break from the pool or beach.

Ok, ok, the cooler doesn't count. Geesh! ;)

I didn't pack water because I brought my filtered water bottle. BTW: I am still ticked at Brita for discontinuing theirs.

I love my hip pack! I can carry tons of stuff in there and not get tired. I didn't bring my DSLR and I went back and forth between kicking myself for not bringing it and glad I wasn't shlepping it around. I felt bad for Mary Ellen having to carry hers around and then I held it and realized how much lighter it is than mine (Nikon D200). Instead I brought my little Canon SX110 IS which is nice because it's small and light but I had to really work it to get the shots I wanted and even then it has a limited capability.

When I get home I'll put up some pics fromDME Rockstars!

D4D

I'm in on the tag team approach!:thumbsup2

Oh Yeah....We are really tag teaming this one. I get to do the main updates and than Jen chimes in with everything I forgot....which is usually a lot because I am "old". :laughing:

Okay, all caught up now! I'm so excited to hear about BLT - since we are staying there in March! :woohoo:

I'm with Jen - I agree with the motto she has about buying it/not needing it...but :eek: on the over-nighting....that sounds like an interesting story!!! :laughing:

March eh? NICE! How did I miss this little tidbit of information. All I can say is the location is EXCELLENT and you will love it with Henry.

It was a very interesting little gadget she needed overnighted.....but more on that later!

Completely know what you mean! :thumbsup2

Everyone needs a break from their everyday routine and responsibilities so I hear ya both on that one!

sometimes I take more for the short trip, especially if it's in a season where you just don't know how warm/cold it will be!

And besides, I don't think the cooler really counts as a packing/overpacking item. I mean if you drove and stopped by the store, those grocery bags wouldn't count. Right?

Really, I can justify almost anything!

:rotfl:we can have a contest, come in May and we will see who over packs the most.

I love that....complete justification for over packing. But you're right - grocery bags don't count so why should a cooler filled with water, beer, and COFFEE!!!!!!!! count! :confused3

Oh...and a contest.....you're on. Remember - I get FREE luggage. God, I love those SWA commercials - they crack me up everytime!

C
Coffee on the balcony in the morning - CHECK!
Wine on the balcony in the afternoon - CHECK!
Rum in the refillable mug by the pool - CHECK!
Really good food- CHECK!

Run in the morning....

well...........maybe.

I'll get up and walk though :rotfl:

Walking is good. I will accept that as a substitute for running. It's exercise. It's relaxing. It's peaceful. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to run around the boardwalk. That is going to be crazy!

I :love: real coffee cups. I actually ordered special ones for our 09 trip and had them sent to the room as I knew the ones at FW were tiny. :rotfl:

I love them too. They are so superior to plastic refillable drink mugs!

Jen---thanks for the pictures of Sherpa Mary Ellen :laughing:
True I would rather have too much then not pack enough but I always do laundry at least once if I am in a studio and more than that if I am in a 1br. :sad2: And yeah...the cooler doesn't count ;)
Great pictures of your first ride! :thumbsup2

Hope you are feeling better :)

Tracy

Sherpa Mary Ellen....OMG.....I busted out laughing when I read this!!!!! :rotfl2: It's especially funny because I almost bought a sherpa blanket at costco. It was so soft and cushy, but I was good, I resisted, I put it back.

I am feeling better - thanks. I think I might be able to kick this cold without too much problem.

Holy Cow! I am here and you are not on page 432!!! :lmao:

Thanks for doing this report and also thanks for everything a few weeks ago. You helped more than I can ever say and I think you are an angel!!! :littleangel:

Now get crackin my friend! :dance3:
:welcome: Dawn!!!!! So glad you stopped by!!!!!

And I am very happy I could help you out! I knew everything would work out for you and the kids. I'm so glad you made the decision you did. You've got great kids with a lot of character!!!!

Yes, MaryEllen, we are on Marco Island now (we'll be here until midafternoon on Tuesday before our flight home. We spent 90 minute with Nicki at coffee yesterday morning, an hour this morning and tonight we are having dinner with her and her husband, Todd. We are having a blast. And I love being able to finally catch up on the DIS when I need a break from the pool or beach.

I am so glad you are having a great time!!!! I know you must need an occasional break from all the pool and beach time. It must get really tiring! :rotfl: I hope you guys have a great dinner tonight!!!!! Catch a few rays for me!

Ok, ok, the cooler doesn't count. Geesh! ;)

I didn't pack water because I brought my filtered water bottle. BTW: I am still ticked at Brita for discontinuing theirs.

I love my hip pack! I can carry tons of stuff in there and not get tired. I didn't bring my DSLR and I went back and forth between kicking myself for not bringing it and glad I wasn't shlepping it around. I felt bad for Mary Ellen having to carry hers around and then I held it and realized how much lighter it is than mine (Nikon D200). Instead I brought my little Canon SX110 IS which is nice because it's small and light but I had to really work it to get the shots I wanted and even then it has a limited capability.

When I get home I'll put up some pics fromDME Rockstars!

D4D

Oh Yeah.....my camera is nice and light. That's why I love it! I still think you got wonderful pictures with your camera cause you actually KNOW what you are doing. I am completely faking it.

DME rockstars...Oh Yeah.......:rockband:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter