In-Park Breaks

SenoiaDawg

Mouseketeer
I know... Another mid-day break thread, but all the others have me wondering. If you do not want to leave the park in the middle of the day, but you want to relax and cool off a little, where do you go / what do you do in each of the parks besides sitting down for lunch.

I've seen the suggestion to ride a few loops on the train at MK, but what about EP, HS and AK? What are your suggestions?

I know... Another mid-day break thread, but all the others have me wondering. If you do not want to leave the park in the middle of the day, but you want to relax and cool off a little, where do you go / what do you do in each of the parks besides sitting down for lunch.

I seen the suggestion to ride a few loops on the train at MK, but what about EP, HS and AK? What are your suggestions?

MK- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
EP- World Showcase Friendships that run between Canada and Japan or Mexico and Italy.
HS- Indy Stunt Show is a sit-down for about an hour. (30 minutes before the show and 30 minutes during the show.)
Or just find a bench on or near Streets of America.
AK- Pick a bench over at Rafiki's Planet Watch, or in either of the walk-thru Treks in Africa or Asia.

In HS- The Great Movie Ride, and I like to chill at the Indy stunt show also.

AK- Hmmm..FOTLK just to sit and get out of the sun. Maybe a trip to Conservation Station/Rafiki's Planet Watch. Flights of Wonder is also a pretty cool thing to do to get off your feet.

EP- We like to do things at Innoventions, or ride Spaceship Earth to relax. You could also go to Ellen's Universe of Energy. That is 45 min. in airconditioned comfort.

ETA: Go Dawgs!

Epcot:
- Go find a nice bench near the aquarium, relax and watch the fish. It is nice and dark in there too
- Take a relaxing ride on the boat, you can find a dock on both ends
- Take a monorail ride
- Take a boat ride to Beach Club and grab a milkshake

HS:
- Beauty and Beast show is always relaxing and fun
- Sitting on any of the benchs will bring entertainment your way sometimes, there are always street performers
- Backlot express has a lot of shade

AK:
- Find that bench, and sit! Over in Asia area there are some great monkeys to watch
- There is a train ride in the back here as well

Epcot or DHS - Take the boat from one park to the other and back; the whole loop (from Epcot to DHS and all the way back or vice versa) will take about an hour. You have to leave the park to do this, but it is a short walk to the boat area and you can easily re-enter the park afterwards.

At AK - grab a seat in the Flame Tree BBQ seating area down by the water and rest there (this works better during off-peak dining hours, when there are fewer people using this area to eat their meals).

For my family - I think we have not yet been able to stay awake to see all of Ellen's Universe of Energy at Epcot and we also all fell asleep at the Nemo Musical at AK.

Hall of Presidents is a great break at MK with darkness and air conditioning. Hollywood Studios is our fave so no napping there! :goodvibes

Happy Planning!

Ann Marie :laundy:

A monorail ride is a great way to escape for a little while. If you take the resort loop you can get off and take a break in one of the monorail resorts. For a longer break take a round-trip ride on the Epcot loop.

Epcot - Spaceship Earth, The American Adventure, Innoventions, The Seas pavilion, The Land pavilion

AK - take the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch

DHS - The Magic of Disney Animation

in epcot we tend to do ellen's and spaceship earth both are long enough to cool down and relax. in mk the hall of presidents, mickey philharmagic, and the carousel of progress will kill some time in an a/c area. the great movie ride in hs will take cool you down and get you out of the sun. i have no idea where i would go in ak to take a break. all of the above never seem to have any lines really and will be some where inside away from the sun beating down on you.

I agree with most of those, I also love sitting around under the tree of life in AK. There is a fun path around that with built in seats into the roots and a little waterfall that's a little tunnel that's nice to sit near in the shade.

Okay, I'll provide my ideal scenarios in case I am at a park and just simply want to rest for awhile without having to really do anything NOR leave the park.

Magic Kingdom
- If between 2-3pm (and you are interested in the parade), find a shady spot on the wood decks of Frontierland (near the stores/Country Bear Jamboree) and just enjoy the atmosphere and view (the river, Haunted Mansion, Mountains). Might even grab an ice cream or slushee before getting comfortable.
- Sleepy Hollow. This is a quaint part of the Kingdom that provides quite a bit of shade. If you're hungry, grab a funnel cake, cookie, ice cream treat, drink....and then find a good spot to relax. Great side view of the castle, generally a quiet part of the park, and you even get a decent hassle-free side-view of the Castle show if it happens to be going on.

Epcot
- If you don't mind still moving around a little bit, Innoventions is a neat and sometimes overlooked part of the park.
- Want to enjoy a fun ride without having to move much? I love the Living with the Land boat ride. Very peaceful and I NEVER seem to get tired of viewing the fruits/vegetables that Disney is growing in there. [Potentially, this ride could be slow enough that they may let you just stay on without having to disembark and enter again]

Otherwise, there are some GREAT places to relax and enjoy the wonderful Disney atmosphere in the World Showcase:
- Canada, there's a bench near the Trading Post is a wonderful spot to relax and people-watch. I love the woodsy vibe that is created in Canada.
- United Kingdom, some benches in the back of the UK near the stage. Sit there long enough and you may even get to catch some entertainment.
- France, hungry or not grab something from the Patisserie (b/c everything is SO good) and try to find a place to sit and relax.

Those are my 3 favorite countries to relax in at World Showcase. Probably because by resting time those countries tend to provide the best shade (AND) they have a great atmosphere.

Hollywood Studios
- Main place I would suggest at Studios would be in the Animation Academy. Get in line for a show, you may have to wait 20-30 minutes, but that's okay because you're getting the desired rest. Then, when you get to enter, you get another 15-20 minutes of sitting, but get to have fun drawing your own version of a famous Disney character. Air-conditioned, resting, fun!

Animal Kingdom
- This may go against the general consensus, but I love hanging out in DinoLand. Near Chester & Hester's Dino Treasures (store) there are some picnic-style benches. Great place to relax and watch the families having fun on Triceratops Spin and Primeval Whirl. Plus, you're right next to the store that you can casually walk around (which by the way, happens to be my favorite of the Animal Kingdom stores).

We do not leave the parks and rarely take breaks, but I know we will need to for our upcoming Christmas week trip if it has 7am rope drops like last year. When we have taken breaks~ and this is our plan this year~ we just try to find a nice shady bench to sit on and people watch. Ideally, at MK and MGM, we find a spot before a parade and just rest while we stake our spots. Personally, we've gone with kids since they were infants and not once did we leave the parks for a break~ just found shady areas to rest/ let the kids nap. Takes too much traveling time to get back to the room and then back to the parks. (unless you're VERY lucky consistently with the buses)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter