Impressions de France

i hope everybody takes the time to research the historical significance of the music and scenes of France experienced while viewing Impressions de France. Especially since the Disney Corporation donated money for the restoration of the Notre Dame Cathedral after recent fire. I hope Disney realizes this film contains rare chance to archive the beauty of this building that might never be completely restored. I also think the vantage point of ascending the Eiffel Tower is incredible and the vintage rare view before they added all the sparkling lights is also important .

What is the point of EPCOT but to introduce yourself and children to a World that they might not ever visit. I understand the desire for the entertainment for all ages to be a commercial success. I enjoy the old & new blending of “ART” . I love the sing a long also but think it is confusing families as to what & when to experience France.
The addition of Remy or Ratatouille Attraction & Beauty & Impressions seems strange. I just hope they will keep Impressions . Forever.

It SHOULD be as singing has been proven to expel droplets much further than speaking. And you know as soon as the lights go down and CMs can’t see them people are going to be ripping their masks off.

I saw it two weeks ago and EVERYONE had masks on and there were two cast members standing at either side of the theater enforcing it. Similar to Carousel of Progress, an announcement was made that the theater is not a “relaxation area” and masks are to be worn at all times. Interestingly though, it was almost all adults in the theater and no one was singing along anyway😅

Saw the sing-a-long twice on our trip last month, mainly for the air conditioning. Sad to say I thought it was geared toward pre-school and kingergarteners. So boring. Picture a B&TB animation with the lyrics running across the bottom of the screen. So bummed that Impressions de France is only running for the last hour or so.

I saw it two weeks ago and EVERYONE had masks on and there were two cast members standing at either side of the theater enforcing it. Similar to Carousel of Progress, an announcement was made that the theater is not a “relaxation area” and masks are to be worn at all times. Interestingly though, it was almost all adults in the theater and no one was singing along anyway😅
Yes, since it’s not a live choral performance, the danger is related to people singing close to you. If no one sings, hooray!

Saw the sing-a-long twice on our trip last month, mainly for the air conditioning. Sad to say I thought it was geared toward pre-school and kingergarteners. So boring. Picture a B&TB animation with the lyrics running across the bottom of the screen. So bummed that Impressions de France is only running for the last hour or so.
Doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the Frozen Sing-a-long.
Is it worth doing? I understand going in for the a/c.

It SHOULD be as singing has been proven to expel droplets much further than speaking. And you know as soon as the lights go down and CMs can’t see them people are going to be ripping their masks off.
I can see you are from NY so you couldn't have seen it, but we went last week and I can with confidence say that this is ENTIRELY inaccurate. People are not ripping off their masks to sing along with a video at the top of their lungs. The theater had MAYBE 50 people in it, more than adequately spaced, all with masks on for the duration, almost none of whom were singing at all.

I loved the theater - I'd never seen it and it was far more impressive that I had imagined. The show? Meh. We were only there to kill a little time before our dinner reservation, and I doubt I'd return unless it was under similar circumstances. We will check out the Impressions de France show though - that sounds interesting.

Nope, nowhere near as good as the Frozen show. I'm glad we went once, but we wouldn't go again unless we needed to get out of heat or rain or needed a nap. That said, we're older adults. If we had kids with us, especially Frozen aficionados, we'd go.

No, not worth it unless you have young kids with you. Some new animation to go with scenes from the original animated beauty and the beast that alters the story a bit. The sing a long is just singing to the words on the screen if you want, no live people leading it. I'd rather go to impressions de France movie...too bad it's only offered at the end of the Epcot day...I wish they alternated the two movies during the day.

if you have time, do it, I always think it's good to do things at least once, it's a 15 min show, so it's not time consuming. Just think if the Frozen sing along didn't have the historians and characters and effects, that's basically it

Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time unless you're sweating to death, or need to sit. The Frozen Sing-a-long was very well done, and very entertaining. The fact that Disney put this out there as an attraction is embarrassing, in my opinion. Put on the animated B&TB at home, and sing along with the songs, and there you have it, you can skip the attraction!

I don’t think it has aged too badly. It still makes me want to go and visit France. I don’t know if I will ever get there, but the movie always inspires me to want to go. And at least the Eiffel Tower isn’t bent . . . :rolleyes1
Went to France about 20 years ago. Was a nice trip, saw all the sights except the louvre. Went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, makes you see the movie differently

Last edited:
if you have time, do it, I always think it's good to do things at least once, it's a 15 min show, so it's not time consuming. Just think if the Frozen sing along didn't have the historians and characters and effects, that's basically it
Thanks for the insight. I agree with doing each attraction at least once. I don't have high expectations for this, and it sounds like it will meet that.
Hoping to see it in October, if we go. Still up in the air.

Saw the sing along yesterday by mistake. Thought we were seeing the France movie. The sing along was terrible, but you got to sit for a few minutes in a somewhat cool environment. Hardly anyone was singing. Saw no one take their mask off.

I thought I read previously that they were alternating B&B and Impressions at one time. Sad to hear that you can only see Impressions later in the afternoon, but at least it's still showing!

I thought I read previously that they were alternating B&B and Impressions at one time. Sad to hear that you can only see Impressions later in the afternoon, but at least it's still showing!
I thought I had read the same thing.
Maybe thats just how I imagined they would do it.

i hope everybody takes the time to research the historical significance of the music and scenes of France experienced while viewing Impressions de France. Especially since the Disney Corporation donated money for the restoration of the Notre Dame Cathedral after recent fire. I hope Disney realizes this film contains rare chance to archive the beauty of this building that might never be completely restored. I also think the vantage point of ascending the Eiffel Tower is incredible and the vintage rare view before they added all the sparkling lights is also important .

What is the point of EPCOT but to introduce yourself and children to a World that they might not ever visit. I understand the desire for the entertainment for all ages to be a commercial success. I enjoy the old & new blending of “ART” . I love the sing a long also but think it is confusing families as to what & when to experience France.
The addition of Remy or Ratatouille Attraction & Beauty & Impressions seems strange. I just hope they will keep Impressions . Forever.
Bravo! The music, poetry, and scenery are sublime. I am a true Francophile, and Impressions brings me back to a country I dearly love. The film has aged well. And you are right--the ascent of the Eiffel Tower is perfection! The World Showcase experience once provided a lovely introduction to the countries there and had some educational value. I am sad to see the slow but sure erosion of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter