Im so excited and i just cant hide it!! August 2014 PTR

Ahh cool, so exciting isn't it! You should start a pre trip report so I can follow along :)

Ahh so the day that I could FINALLY book my fast passes was last Wednesday!

I was so excited to snag an A&E fast pass that I set my alarm for 4.50am so I could get one as soon as they were released at 5!

So 4.50 comes and I wait patiently. As soon as it turned to 5am...the disney site changed from saying "you can make your fast passes on the 18th June" to "you can make your fast passes on the 17th August" WHATTTT?
So I tried logging out and in again, cleared my cookies on my phone, and even tried to log on through my iPad but nope, still said the same thing!!
I tried for 10 more minutes then went back to sleep as my alarm was going off at 6.45.
When my alarm did actually go off and I tried again it worked! I was still able to get A&E but there was no morning FP left for them so I got an afternoon or evening (can't remember now!). So it did all work out in the end but what a panic lol!

Oh remember I tried to get a Wishes Desert Party reservation a few months ago but couldn't because I didn't realise they were released 180 days out?
Well I've been stalking the site and finally got one just now!! So we are doing that on the 23rd, I'm so pleased! :D

image-1.jpg

The kids autograph books arrived :)

Agh I'm a bit gutted! Friday 22nd we are doing HS all day and ending with Fatasmic. I'd originally made a fantasmic dining package at H&V, but then later thought it was a waste and we'd just FP it instead.,so I cancelled it. Now though I've just noticed Fantasmic is in. Tier 1 at HS so we won't be able to get FP for toy story or r&r at all that day and we won't be able to ride them early because we're not planning on getting to the park until about 10.30. Of course, now I go to check for another dining package ADR there is none..boooo! First world problems I know lol

Just catching up with your pre trip report. I just wanted to say that you really don't need a fast pass for Fantasmic. Have been there several times at this time of year and really not necessary. Last year we were there 9th August, so probably busier than 22nd and we didn't get there early, walked straight in and got a great seat.. So I would go for toy story or rock n roller.
Good luck

Just catching up with your pre trip report. I just wanted to say that you really don't need a fast pass for Fantasmic. Have been there several times at this time of year and really not necessary. Last year we were there 9th August, so probably busier than 22nd and we didn't get there early, walked straight in and got a great seat.. So I would go for toy story or rock n roller. Good luck

Thanks for posting that! In the end I decided to go without a fast pass for F! so it's good to know it won't be a problem :).
The day we're there, Fantasmic is at 8.30pm, so what time would you suggest we get there for?

I would go for 8 as there is a little pre show warm up that is fun. I'm not sure how far in advance they open the gates.

Ok I'm going to type out my plans for each day just so I can screen shot it on my phone so I will have it saved on there for when we go..

Monday 18th - Epcot 9am-9pm.

* sleep in and let the kids use the pool
* have a QS lunch at the pool bar
* leave for Epcot about 12.30pm and do 2 FP:
- FP Malestrom 1:15pm-2:15pm
- FP Test Track 2.25pm-3.25pm
* Garden Grill reservation 4.25pm
- FP Nemo 5.50-6.50
* If not too tired stay for Illuminations at 9. If tired go back to resort.

Tuesday 19th - AK 9-7 MK 9-11

* leave 7.45 for AK
* Do these attractions:
- Safari
- Kali Rapid Rivers
- Expedition Everest
- Finding Nemo show (if we have time)
* Tusker House reservation 12pm
* back to resort for pool/nap
* go to MK for 5 and QS at Cosmic Rays then do:
- FP SDMT 5.30-6.30
- FP it's a small world 6.30-7.30
- FP Journey of little mermaid 7.30-8.30
* electrical parade at 9, wishes at 10.

Wednesday 20th - MK 9-11

* be at MK for 7.20 (get taxi at 7).
* Crystal Palace -8.05
* Get some nice photos in front of castle.
- BTMRR
- Splash Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- IASW (if time if not go to FP below)
- FP Peter Pan 9.55-10.55
- FP jungle cruise 10.55-11.55
- FP POTC 11.55-12.55
* back to resort and have QS at pepper market
* swim/nap
* go to Epcot to watch illuminations at 9 if we haven't yet seen them

Thursday 21st - Epcot 9-9

* leave hotel at 8/8.15 and go to MK then monorail to Poly
* 'Ohana reservation at 9.40 then into Epcot
- FP character spot 11.10-12.10
- FP turtle talk with crush 12.10 - 1.10
* go to world showcase and do an Agent P mission
- FP Soarin 2.50-3.50
* back to resort and QS and movie night (or maybe head to HS to watch Frozen fireworks

Friday 22nd - HS 9-8

* sleep in and leave resort about 10.20am
- FP star tours 11.20-12.20
* H&V lunch 12.20
- FP Muppets 3D 1.50-2.50
- FP toy story 2.55-3.55
* 50s Prime Time reservation 5.35
* get a snack and get inline for Fantasmic at 7.45/8 (starts 8.30)

Saturday 23rd - TL 9-6 AK 9-7 MK. 9-11

* get bus to TL at 8
* have QS lunch there and leave about 1.30 (busses stop running at 2 to resorts)
* go back to resort and get changed then go to Ak and do:
- FP safari 3.30-4.30
- FP Lion King 5.30-4.50
- FP Kali rapid river 5.45-6.45
- me and Madison then do Expedition Everest
* have QS on way out then get the bus to the Poly/Contemporary and monorail to Mk
* see if any FP left, if not just wander around
* go to Tomorrowland Terrace at 8.45 for dessert party

Sunday 24th - HS 9-9.30

* leave hotel 7.45 for HS
- ride toy story first thing
- me and Madison ride r&r
- FP star tours 9.35-10.35
- FP Indiana jones 10.45-11.45
* Scifi diner reservation 12.30
- FP toy story 1.40-2.40 (mam and Tadgh)
- FP R&R 1.55-2.55 (me and Madison)
* back to resort for pool and then QS and movie night

Monday 25th - BB 10-6

* leave hotel at 9 for BB. Have QS lunch there and then go back to resort about 4 (earlier if had enough).
* get ready and then DTD (take passport to DTD & go to World of Disney Store (counter in the jewellery section) to pick up $200 gift card).
* TRex reservation at 7.30 (give name)

Tuesday 26th - MK 9-9

* sleep in and leave for MK about 9.45. Go to Mk and then monorail to the Contemporary
* Chef Mickeys reservation 11.20
* go to Mk and do:
- FP Buzz 12.35-1.35
- Monsters inc laugh floor
- FP meet Ariel at grotto 1.45-2.45
- FP FOF parade 2.45-3.05
* do QS somewhere
* leave Mk about 6.30 to be at the Contemporary for 7.30 to do Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise

Wednesday 27th - Epcot 9-9

* leave resort at 8 to go to Epcot and do:
- Soarin
- Living with the Land
- FP Nemo 10.15.11.15
- FP journey into imagination 11.15-12.15
* Via Napoli reservation 12.45
- FP test track 2.50-3.50
* back to resort and pool and QS at pepper market.

Thursday 28th - MK 8-11

* leave hotel for MK at 6.45 and do:
- Space mountain
- Buzz
- Tomorrowland speedway
- Winnie the pool
* CRT 10.05
- FP SDMT 11-12
- FP A&E 12.10-1.10
- FP ETWB 1.20-2.20
* back to hotel swim/NAP/pack and then QS
* back to MK leave about 7 and try and do:
- dumbo
- Branstormer
* watch electrical parade 9pm, wishes 10pm
* do a couple more rides

***snacks to try***

- Dole whip (MK or Ak)
- Nutella and fruit waffle (MK - Sleepy Hollow)
- Cookie and ice cream sandwich (MK - The plaza or sleepy hollow)
- QS corn dog nuggets (Casey's Corner MK)
- cupcake (starring rolls HS)

I feel like a crazy lady typing out those plans as they seem so structured! After paying this much money tho I want o experience as much as we can, but if anyone's too tired we'll stop and rest. No point in go go go if it's going to make everyone miserable :)

27 days to goooo!
I seriously don't think i can wait a moment longer, I'm too excited!
Madison (my cousins daughter who is coming to Disney with me) is coming over from Ireland on Friday with her mum and she is staying with me until the 16th August when we fly bk to Ireland and get her brother and then leave for Florida on the 17th.
So lots of Disney movie nights I think :)

Our Disney post came today!! Voucher for the gift card and the little booklet of vouchers...exciting times!!

Just popped in to say Hi ! the plans look ace 16 days till we go I'm beside myself with excitement - hope you all have a wonderful time xx

Just popped in to say Hi ! the plans look ace 16 days till we go I'm beside myself with excitement - hope you all have a wonderful time xx

It's all I can think about now lol. Not long at all now! Thankyou, I hope you have a great time too!! Are you all sorted? I feel really disorganised, I'm paranoid I'm going to forget something lol. X

Just had a read if your plans and looks great, we fly out on the 19th for a week & will be at MK on the 20th too. I had the same issue with FP & had to settle for evening Anna & elsa plus 7DMT on the evening of the 22nd , I had the same idea about wishes dessert party & was gutted to miss out, hope you have a fab time there.

It's so close isn't it? I'm resisting getting the suitcases down for another week at least haha

Just had a read if your plans and looks great, we fly out on the 19th for a week & will be at MK on the 20th too. I had the same issue with FP & had to settle for evening Anna & elsa plus 7DMT on the evening of the 22nd , I had the same idea about wishes dessert party & was gutted to miss out, hope you have a fab time there. It's so close isn't it? I'm resisting getting the suitcases down for another week at least haha

Ahh thanks! Yes, I ideally would love to change the dessert party for 19th or 28th (would love the 28th as it's our last night!), as it's going to be so rushed on the 23rd. Not having any luck with finding reservations for the 19th or 28th tho and I've been checking multiple times a day. If I do happen to find one I'll let you know so u can grab the 23rd x

Yes think I am just about sorted, seem to have a lot of clothes so maybe need to cut some down! We are off site so a bit disappointed we can't get fast passes for Anna and Elsa or Mine train. Never mind lots of other exciting things to do xx

Yes think I am just about sorted, seem to have a lot of clothes so maybe need to cut some down! We are off site so a bit disappointed we can't get fast passes for Anna and Elsa or Mine train. Never mind lots of other exciting things to do xx

They did a rail for 3 days where they got rid of the stand by line at A&E and instead people had to go and get a ticket that gave them a return time. I bet they'd run out pretty soon after rope drop, but with any luck they might have implemented this system for when you're there..that way you could see them without having to stand in the queue for hours :)

Thanks for that tip we'll see what thats like on the first day and then plan to do it another day x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter