• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm possibly about to commit Disney blasphemy - somewhere to work quietly @ BC or YC.

Conno

Mouseketeer
I'll be at the Beach Club and Yacht Club for a split stay during Oct/Nov this year. As part of this stay, I'll be working for a couple of days (I'm an IT consultant) and will be meeting a client there. Is there anywhere quiet around either the BC or YC where I can sit with a laptop for an hour or two during the middle of the day? i.e. 2pm-4pm? Don't necessarily need power, but for example, I wouldn't want to sit around the pool and do it. Thoughts, ideas?

The Ale & Compass Lounge at the Yacht Club opens at 11 am. I have never been there, but I have rarely seen Disney World lounges crowded in mid-afternoon (except perhaps when there is a major sporting event).

There are two rooms in BCV on main level. One had a pool table the last time I was there but i don’t usually see people hanging out in there. The other you can walk through on the way to the pool so more traffic but probably quieter than BC lobby. The Solarium across from Beach Club Marketplace has tables and other seating. The YC lobby usually is quieter than BC lobby but I was there once when it was full of young convention people.

Ale and Compass Lounge or Martha's Vineyard lounge might work for that. Theres also some quiet areas on the second floor above the lobby of YC if I remember correctly

Not quite the answer - but Boardwalk has a business centre. We were in there a few weeks ago and the full conference area was very quiet as there were no events on. Quite a few areas in and around the conference centre lobby where you could sit - or maybe ask to use a business room?

I'd also say the Ale and Compass Lounge or the Solarium at Beach Club. During the day, both locations should be pretty quiet.

No blasphemy here. My DH frequently has to work for at least an hour or so per day on our vacations..he's CFO and majority owner of a small company. It's virtually impossible to not need to at the very least answer some emails and take care of some financial reporting. He tries to do as much as he can from the room in the early hours of the am (btw, DVC: could you please keep the desks in the villas?!) and only answers emails and things from queue lines and not from dinner tables, etc. I know the BC/BW area has lots of quiet spaces, I'm sure you'll find what you need. Enjoy your time at Disney World!!!

Thanks for the great ideas everyone. Been to YC a few times, but never had to work - so these ideas are great. Just happy it's only one day, and not every day!!

Yeah, I was going to say second floor of YC lobby as well.

This is old, from 2016, pre-renovation. A super quiet corner on the second floor lobby (to the right if you are facing towards the lobby entrance).

Very quiet!

WP_20161021_101.jpg

This one is from 2015, also YC, I think the 2nd floor on the left hand side. There is (was) even a desk there. This was at night, so I don't know if there is someone there during the day or even if the desk is still there 4 years later.

DSCF9035.JPG

Attachments

• WP_20161021_102.jpg
    WP_20161021_102.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter