I'm officially MOVED!!!

Sorry, I had to post again since my count was 666. I'm not superstitious or anything, it just freaked me out. :confused3

I remember seeing post 911 and needing to post just one more time to get past that one. :thumbsup2

Congrats on your new job!!! :) That is fantastic!

If I may make a suggestion, don't delay your start date. It might put a sour taste in your new employers..... Trust me, coming from someone who is still looking for work since moving back to L.A. last Aug. I just wouldn't do anything if at all possible to risk rocking the boat. If you have to stay in a motel till you can get settled then that's what I would do.

Good luck on your job search!! From what I've heard, CA is brutal right now, but I'm sure you'll find something. It's funny, because my friend who I'm moving with wanted me to delay the date, but I gave an outright no for that reason.

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. :grouphug:

I am waiting for the call in which I will officially be offered the job, and then I can really start looking into living arrangements. However, my third friend who wanted to move with us (the one who suggested this whole venture) is getting flaky because of her boyfriend. I'm trying to be understanding, but friend #2 and I do not really approve of the relationship anyway, so we are not as sympathetic as we could be. She says she is still on board, but her actions don't communicate that at all. Hopefully, that works out well. :confused3

In the meantime, I'm trying to squeeze in one more day at Disney since I have one day left on an old pass. It will be weird to be so far away. :sad1:

Congrats!
And yes I believe this is something that is a plan for you from above.
I will be thinking of you. :thumbsup2

Good luck on your upcoming adventures. I am starting one of my own so I can totally relate. I hope it all works out for you and your friends!!

Congratulations on your new job and your move. As others have said, please do not delay the move, as a former employer I can tell you that it would probably not be the best way to start your relationship with your new company.

You do have a lot to get done, in a short time, but it's doable and you CAN do it!

Thanks for the words of encouragement.:) Don't take this the wrong way but it's really tough when friends get flaky, especially when it's the friend who started the whole idea to begin with. But you have to just keep your eye of the prize and stay focused and all will be ok.

I too am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and that God watches out for us. I wish you all the best.

Shannon:flower3:

Hey all! I now have a start date for the job (Aug. 24), and a moving date! They want me to be in town for a drug test on the 18th of this month, so I figured it would be good to be in town by the weekend before. That will give me a chance to get settled in the city for the week (and hopefully meet some DISers).

I just wanted to thank you all for the encouragement! I was worried that this would look like a self-serving thread after I posted it. Then again, I'm worried about that with every thread I post. I do have to tell you, though, that I can definitely feel your prayers working. It is great to have such encouragement during such a huge transition.

I would like some help, though. Is there anyone here from the Knoxville area that knows of any cheap and safe places to stay temporarily, like an extended stay hotel or something? It is very likely I will not actually be able to move into an apartment for a couple of weeks since Friend #2 is still trying to find a second job. I have about $700 saved, which was what I was going to use for the temp housing, even though I would prefer to have some left for a down-payment on an apartment. I know this is a very tight budget, but summer jobs have been scarce. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, even though prayers are appreciated the most.

Congrats on the new adventures. Hopefully you will unpack the boxes before the next move :rotfl: I still haven't but I figure the mortgage is good for another 20 years or so.

I made it to Knoxville!! Hooray!! Now I just have to move into my apartment, buy new furniture, and start the new job. Woo-hoo!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your support and prayers! They DEFINITELY helped. A lot of things happened this week that cemented my belief that God is behind this. I definitely want to meet the Knoxville DISers ASAP!!!

Congratulations!

Don't forget to buy an orange t-shirt. ;)

See....you CAN do it! Good luck with the rest of the moving in process and especially on your FIRST day!
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter