• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm embarrassed to ask this but..........

scoobygrl79

Mouseketeer
Can you guys tell me which resorts you have come across that serve the "make your own Pasta" offering....where you select the pasta shape, sauce, meat, and preferred veggies? I can only imagine how bad this makes me look asking where to find this watery, tasteless, underwhelming food selection but the things we do for our kids....sigh. I usually allow my 3 kids one selection each of anywhere they want to eat at Disney, I repeat, ANYWHERE. They are pretty seasoned in WDW eateries from all their visits, and I'll admit multiple character meals can by trying, but.... I have one (the son!) that is always missing on this dish from stays at AoA.:scared:..its not inedible, but certainly not what I'd call something worthy of looking forward to while on vacation. :rolleyes1I'd like to stay elsewhere, but must know where else, other than AoA, serves this...please don't ask me why I must know this, I'm trying to hide here! :o

I thought the AOA pasta was really nice, but wasn't keen on the POR one. Going to give the latter another try in February :)

that was not nearly as interesting an embarrassing question as I was hoping for. This board is not just for foodie snobs, it's for everyone!

I don't know the answer but don't be embarrassed by the question. My kid would probably love pasta with alfredo and chicken!

I can only imagine how bad this makes me look asking where to find this watery, tasteless, underwhelming food selection but the things we do for our kids....sigh

Huh. Not sure what's wrong about pasta, especially the type that you personalize and they put together (and cook) right there.

POR's is tasty, as is AOA's. That's all I recall.

Though I more often go offsite to Sweet Tomatoes and have personalized salad and decent, simple, pasta there.

that was not nearly as interesting an embarrassing question as I was hoping for.

Agreed. :)

I don't remember being able to pick the pasta shape at POR when we were there two years ago. But maybe I am wrong. Otherwise, I remember the create your own pasta being really good.

We've had POR on every trip. Last time in 2016. One of our favorites. Great pasta with veggies, meat, shrimp etc and serving size is rather large.
For a break in the day we go to Disney Springs for a bit then take the leisurely boat ride to POR. Sometimes we'll make a short stop at POFQ for a bag or two of beignetes for dessert.

that was not nearly as interesting an embarrassing question as I was hoping for. This board is not just for foodie snobs, it's for everyone!

I don't know the answer but don't be embarrassed by the question. My kid would probably love pasta with alfredo and chicken!
:rotfl2:I'm sorry, Lisa F. I have a tendency to be boring! haha. Well, I agree it's not just for food snobs around here but when you ask this in the middle of threads about Signature dining...it can make a girl self conscious....8-)

Huh. Not sure what's wrong about pasta, especially the type that you personalize and they put together (and cook) right there.

POR's is tasty, as is AOA's. That's all I recall.

Though I more often go offsite to Sweet Tomatoes and have personalized salad and decent, simple, pasta there.

Agreed. :)
Bumbershoot-awwww, I hope I didn't offend you, sorry if I did...just feeling ashamed I'm actually going through the trouble to make it a point of destination on the trip. I'm not sure I've seen anyone seeking out a food court selection on here :blush:

POR and POFQ both have a create your own pasta station. That is one of the reasons why we love the food court at POR. It is a big portion and so good!

If you go to Mama Melrose it looks very customizable to me. Obviously not as good as the AoA food court, but it's a TS option.

It was a couple years ago but I remember really liking my pasta at POR, the serving was huge though and I doubt I finished more than a third. I actually have tried to get my husband to not book a restaurant before the half and full marathons so that we can go back to POR and just do pasta there to save some time and money, so I don't think the question is odd at all. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter