• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm confused about rooms at AKL

Jillybean924

Earning My Ears
I am just starting to plan our Dec 2009 trip. I have made reservations for the club level standard room. I keep reading about the Savannah's and the Trails. I do not understand what to request for our view. My husband and I want to see the Zebras and Giraffes. What do I ask for? Savanahs? Trails? Oh my...my head is spinning. This is our retirement trip and I want to do it good since it will be our second trip(last one was in 2000 with our kids) to WDW and our last.

Trails refer to the wings of the lodge (hallways) that offshoot from the main lobby. There are different savannahs for different wings. Here is a map of the lodge: http://allears.net/acc/aklmap.jpg

If you are staying club level, you should be able to tell them your requests when you make your reservations and they will do their best to accomodate you and/or guide you to what you'd probably like best.

All club level rooms currently are savanna view on the arusha savanna and are supposed to have the best views possible. So in theory you shouldnt need to request a specific savanna/trail if you're staying Club level.

However (pure speculation here!) once the DVC site is open (most of it will be open by Dec 09), sunset will be the biggest and best savanna so its possible that the club level rooms will be moved to a sunset savanna view to maintain the best possible views. In the ideal world club level rooms would move back to the 6th floor to replace the current DVC rooms.

Hope that helps, although it probably doesnt :headache:

you're right anthony2k7, All club level rooms currently are savanna view on the arusha savanna and are supposed to have the best views, :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter