I'M confused about GP codes

Minnie1156

<font color=red>No apology needed, just wanted you
Are you saying that if you have the package with dining you can not get a discount if GP codes come out? I am confused :confused3 :wave2:

That remains to be seen. I am a Disney TA and in speaking with our Disney account rep today I asked about general public codes. She did say that they are being considered but was evasive on if it was definite or not. She also said that in her opinion that if they offer a general public code, that it will be the same way it always has been. That what ever $ or % off on the room portion they offer for room only, will also be available in a package. Again, that was HER OPINION based on what she has heard discussed but it's not a given. She has said they are aware that if they offer a discount on the room but not on a package, they will only sell the dining option to those in a value resort because quite possibly in a moderate and definitely in a deluxe guests would save more with the room discount than they would with the dining plan. They WANT you to get the dining plan because it keeps you onsite to eat. The less time you spend off site, the more time they have you onsite and have the opportunity to make money from you through shopping or eating. They know that not allowing you to get a discount on the room portion if you have the dining plan would keep a lot of people from booking a package.

She did say that when, and if, the public codes are released, they will be very limited so they will go fast.

Minnie1156 said:
Are you saying that if you have the package with dining you can not get a discount if GP codes come out? I am confused :confused3 :wave2:

That is correct. If you have a package, then you CANNOT use the code which is normally for room only. Disney has released package codes, but this year they seem to only be doing room only. This is how I remember it. If I'm wrong, someone help me out please. :blush:

Thanks for all the info. It was very informative. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I hope the codes come out soon!!!!! :worship: :disrocks:

Tiggerlover91 said:
That is correct. If you have a package, then you CANNOT use the code which is normally for room only. Disney has released package codes, but this year they seem to only be doing room only. This is how I remember it. If I'm wrong, someone help me out please. :blush:

Thanks for the info, but that really stinks!!!

By the way, I have seen you and your family on the travel channel, You are all Great! I will be watching you again on the 14th.

mickeyholic said:
By the way, I have seen you and your family on the travel channel, You are all Great! I will be watching you again on the 14th.

That wasn't in reference to me was it?? I'm really confused! :confused3 :confused3

Tiggerlover91 said:
That wasn't in reference to me was it?? I'm really confused! :confused3 :confused3
Absolutely not, I am dissapointed finding out that I can not apply a discount to the room portion of my package if the discount is room only. I am sorry if I offended you. That was not my intention. :bitelip:

mickeyholic said:
Absolutely not, I am dissapointed finding out that I can not apply a discount to the room portion of my package if the discount is room only. I am sorry if I offended you. That was not my intention. :bitelip:

Oh no, no, no! :blush: I apologize. I meant that comment about seeing a family on tv, that was where my confusion came in.

You didn't offend me at all! Bless your heart!! :sunny: :goodvibes

Tiggerlover91 said:
Oh no, no, no! :blush: I apologize. I meant that comment about seeing a family on tv, that was where my confusion came in.

You didn't offend me at all! Bless your heart!! :sunny: :goodvibes

I am now reallizing that I am the confused one!!! I saw tigger and immediately thought you were someone else. Please forgive me! I will be more cautious! :crazy2:

mickeyholic said:
I am now reallizing that I am the confused one!!! I saw tigger and immediately thought you were someone else. Please forgive me! I will be more cautious! :crazy2:

Okay, no problem. I figured you must have mistaken me for someone else, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :blush: The only possible channel you would see me on would be the Animal Planet, because I work at our local zoo and some of our animals have been on and since I drive the train, they may have gotten that on camera a time or two. :goodvibes

Minnie1156 said:

I asked my AAA TA if any general codes came out or I got a pin from a postcard or email if she could apply that to my MYW Package w/ dining. She said she could apply the discounts for the "room" but it would just be a pain to change everything. This is why i am waiting till the last possible minute to pay off my balance on my package deal. :hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter