I'm Celebrating: Being Awesome - An October 2016 Solo Trip Report - Update 7/24: Hiatus Over! Sorta.

I don't think they are allowed to ask if you have one. I can't remember ever being asked.
Ohhh, well that explains it, haha. Definitely need to get me a big ol' button so that they know!

Slowly I will catch up on everyone's trip reports.... maybe by 2017!
Girl, I'll probably still be behind on folks TRs in 2018. I'm the worst!

Aside from the Friday's issue seems like a good day.... I hope I see lots of these pooping ride photos.... ok maybe not....:rotfl2:
Bahaha! Don't worry, they're coming!

Mine's started but I forgot to send out a Batsignal. :duck:
ZOMG! How dare you! *runs to your TR!*

DAY 2
October 21st, 2016 - Friday
Hollywood Studios, Part 2!

When I last left ya'll, I was heading into...

launch-bay.png

Star Wars Launch Bay! Upon arrival, I bee-lined it for a new-to-me character meet, and entertained the company of his royal whiny-ness, Kylo Ren. And he was all "YOU! I need to speak to you!" And I'm all, "Who, meeee?...

20161021_141957-1.jpg

So then I gave him some serious side-eye...

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_20161021_7836996235.jpeg

These pictures crack me up because I was trying SO HARD not to smile. The struggle was so real that you can see it all over my face. I just could NOT take this bro seriously...

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_20161021_7836996236.jpeg

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_20161021_7836996574.jpeg

Afterwards I decided to forgo the Chewbacca meet. The line was pretty long, and I'd met him back in December. So instead I just spent some extra time checking out the exhibits (all of which I had to skip last time due to time constraints). I only grabbed two photos...

20161021_142059-1.jpg

My boo, BB-8!

20161021_142523.jpg

And the helmet of my baby daddy, Poe Dameron.

On my way out, a wandering Jawa appeared!

20161021_142325-1.jpg

I didn't have anything to trade with him, but he was fascinated by my scooter. I tooted the horn for him, and so he reached over and started mashing the buttons himself... and played "Jingle Bells" on it. It was pretty much the BEST.

After enjoying another round of Star Wars geekfesting, I headed out for my next FastPass. Along the way, I stopped for some PhotoPass pics on Sunset Boulevard...

STUDIO_SUNSET2_20161021_7836657513.jpeg

STUDIO_SUNSET2_20161021_7836657514.jpeg

STUDIO_SUNSET2_20161021_7836657515.jpeg

Man, I'm just so excited about them damn balloons.

And then I was off to check-in at the Hollywood Tower Hotel for my final FastPass of the day...

tot.png

My favorite HS attraction, the Tower of Terror!

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORBRIDE_20161021_7837000328.jpeg

The girl beside me looks like she's trying not to puke on me, which I totes appreciate. The kid in the front left cracks me up. Sadly, no pooping faces in this pic, though.

Oh, and the video, of course!

I left there and spent some time in the gift shop, I always love looking around in there. I didn't buy anything though, and when I got back outside I realize that my 5am wake-up call was catching up to me. My energy levels were dragging, and I was yawning way too much, so I decided a coffee was in order.

And hey, there just happens to be a Joffrey's coffee cart right here at the exit of this shop, how convenient!

20161021_151611-1.jpg

And oh look, they have boozy Iced Latte with a double-shot of kahlua. Lovely! #vacationlush

I was plenty ahead of schedule at this point, so I decided to go on the hunt for the BB-8 purse that I mentioned in my last post. So I found the shop that the other CM was talking about, looked around, but could only find the R2D2 one. Hrmm. So I went up to the counter and spoke to the cast member. TURNS OUT that the guy back in Tattoine Traders is a dirty dirty liar. The CM told me that she'd not seen anything but the R2D2 purse in that style in the 4 months she'd been working there. FOR REAL, I WAS SO SAD, YA'LL.

QJY9tY29IQGMU.gif

So I continued along checking out the shops, just kinda browsing. I'm always hesitant to spend money at the beginning of a trip, and I knew I'd be back at HS on my final day, so I was just kinda window shopping at this point.

But then something happened that cheered me up beyond measure, and put me on Cloud 9. I stopped and updated Facebook about it, so I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote then for ya'll:

"I've always walked right on past all the adorable tees I see in shops at Disney World because they never go up to anywhere my size. But today as I was browsing, a little voice in head said "Hey girl, you've lost almost 100 lbs. Just try one on and see."

Ya'll. I'm not even joking, I just did a full-on happy dance in the dressing room. I may have even twerked a little bit. (Now I'm exhausted.)

Sure, it's the largest Womens size that they carry, and only in a limited amount of styles. I don't even care. It fit beautifully and I feel like a whole new world of apparel options has been opened to me. I can actually buy tees at Disney World finally, and I am THRILLED."

That's right... I discovered that I'd lost enough to weight to be able to shop for tees in the parks!

3oAt22bcou09fYJZyo.gif

And along the way, I found this Belle tee that became my great white whale for the rest of the trip:

20161021_183026.jpg

See, she was one of four, in the same style they also had Ariel, Cinderella, and Aurora. And while Belle did not go up to my size, some of the others did. So I KNEW that at some point, Belle was in my size too. I checked with the CM to see if maybe they had one in the back, but no luck. She also showed me how to use the Shop Disney Parks app to look across the property for it, but for some reason this particular shirt wasn't showing up there at all. So for the rest of the week, every store I went into, I looked for it. (Spoiler alert: I never did find it my size, which was pretty disappointing. I DID however towards the end of the trip buy a few other shirts, but we'll get there in due time!)

It was about time to go check-in for my dinner ADR, so I headed over to...

brown-derby.png

I had a truly excellent meal here, I am so glad I decided to check it out!

20161021_171853.jpg

Om nom nom! If you're interested in reading the full review, you can find it on my Dining Report located HERE!

After dinner, I was just sorted hanging out, killing time until time to go have my first Dis-Meet of the trip, when I get a text from @IowaTater all like "We're here, where are you?" So I was like whaaaaat! And headed over to check-in for...

20161021_220455-1.jpg

...And this feels like a good spot to wrap up this post. I'll be back next time with the epic conclusion to my day, as well as finally getting into my room at the Beach Club! See ya'll then!

Up Next... Star Wars Galactic Spectacular & Dessert Party, and More Beach Club!

Last edited:
Kylo is such a whiner. I wish they would replace him with Darth Vader. We have never met him. I was reading about Brown Derby on your food report. I really love that salad, but I like tart things:scared: The lounge is really cool, because you don't have to have an ADR. They have the salad, and they had these really good sliders. I am bummed about the smaller desserts. I really liked the large grapefruit cake better. Their cocktails are awesome though:thumbsup2

These pictures crack me up because I was trying SO HARD not to smile. The struggle was so real that you can see it all over my face. I just could NOT take this bro seriously...
I love your expression in this picture. That would be hard not to crack a smile. We had hoped to meet him but the line wrapped around the whole room and down the hall, so we skipped it.

I didn't have anything to trade with him, but he was fascinated by my scooter. I tooted the horn for him, and he reached over and started mashing the buttons himself... and played "Jingle Bells" on it. It was pretty much the BEST.
How fun! We wished we had something to trade when we were there.

Disney was smart to buy the rights to Star Wars. We have been fans since the first movie came out.

.And this feels like a good spot to wrap up this post. I'll be back next time with the epic conclusion to my day, as well as finally getting into my room at the Beach Club! See ya'll then!
I'm so jealous that you got to do the dessert party and see the fireworks show. We were rained out on our October trip. We thought we could see it during our December trip but then they made the huge mistake of putting up a Christmas show instead. :(

You sure got a lot done before you checked into your room at the BC.

Left a pretty epic comment over on the dining review. Sorry about that btw!

I totally saw the bb-8 purse in the Ear2you vlog!

Maybe you could call Disney merchandise and see if they can help!

I would have died laughing if the sand creatures had played jingle bells on my moms scooter! That is epic!

Om nom nom! If you're interested in reading the full review,

I read your DR...but forgot to ask, what was that thing on top of the potatoes? Looked interesting!!

Sounds like a fun HS afternoon...and the food...yum. So happy for you about the shirts - though I may have said something on FB at the time lol. But that is so great. Only down side is...lots more shopping in the parks now lol Good and bad I suppose :))

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_20161021_7836996235.jpeg

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_20161021_7836996236.jpeg
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: The trying not to smile was definitely not working out for you, but love these pics :-) Not even sure how you even thought to smile as the dude scared the bejesus out of me. So much so I didn't return when Casey wanted to meet him last :P

20161021_142325-1.jpg

I didn't have anything to trade with him, but he was fascinated by my scooter. I tooted the horn for him, and so he reached over and started mashing the buttons himself... and played "Jingle Bells" on it. It was pretty much the BEST.
How awesome!!!!! Despite their name, I had no idea they traded. If you give them something, do they give you something in return? Casey would love that.

STUDIO_SUNSET2_20161021_7836657515.jpeg

Man, I'm just so excited about them damn balloons.
Speaking of Casey, totally have to have her take this one day. Perfection.

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORBRIDE_20161021_7837000328.jpeg

The girl beside me looks like she's trying not to puke on me, which I totes appreciate. The kid in the front left cracks me up. Sadly, no pooping faces in this pic, though.
I'm not so sure on that. The guy in the blue shirt behind you may in fact be in poopy face land.

20161021_151611-1.jpg

And oh look, they have boozy Iced Latte with a double-shot of kahlua. Lovely! #vacationlush
And the angels started singing and the clouds parted and I think I just had a religious experience. How, how, how did I no know there was boozy coffee in the parks????? And how,how, how am I going to thank you for cluing me in. Now where exactly is this coffee cart???? Leave no detail out

Sure, it's the largest Womens size that they carry, and only in a limited amount of styles. I don't even care. It fit beautifully and I feel like a whole new world of apparel options has been opened to me. I can actually buy tees at Disney World finally, and I am THRILLED."

That's right... I discovered that I'd lost enough to weight to be able to shop for tees in the parks!
Oh Billie, this is amazing news. So happy for you!

Aw, what a fantastic morning! I do love me some ToT! I thought you were going to get the Cobb? Changed your mind? Or is that a different trip's plan?

Haha, I love this. Sometimes it's so hard not to smile in the villain pictures. They're too fun.
The pictures look great, even with your attempts to not smile!

Jingle Bells on the scooter buttons. I love it! Oh those Jawas...

That kid grabbing on to his dad's arm is hysterical. People do the funniest things in ToT pictures.

I did not know that this exists. I want one.

I was plenty ahead of schedule at this point, so I decided to go on the hunt for the BB-8 purse that I mentioned in my last post. So I found the shop that the other CM was talking about, looked around, but could only find the R2D2 one. Hrmm. So I went up to the counter and spoke to the cast member. TURNS OUT that the guy back in Tattoine Traders is a dirty dirty liar. The CM told me that she'd not seen anything but the R2D2 purse in that style in the 4 months she'd been working there. FOR REAL, I WAS SO SAD, YA'LL.

What? No BB-8 purse? That is not cool!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is amazing!!!!

I've heard good things about the Star Wars dessert party, so I'm excited to hear what you thought about it!

Aaack! I didn't get any notifications of new updates and missed two! Just finished catching up though!

So excited for you that you were able to get those t-shirts! Also, the pics with Kylo Ren are hilarious!

Can't wait to read about the dessert party (we've never done one) and for your room at the BC!

I still can't believe how fantastic you look :cheer2: And the whole deal with the shirts just proves it!
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Beach Club since we just returned last night from our first stay there :) Your first HS day sounds like it went great!

That Belle shirt is so pretty!! I'm sorry you never found it in the other stores...that's usually what happens to me, too. I find one thing I like, it isn't in my size or I hesitate thinking I'll come back or try somewhere else, and then...nope. Boo!

We met Kylo Ren at Disneyland this summer, and he was SCARY!! Our Friend-of-Ren was really, really good at his job. I showed him my Rebel Starbird Alex and Ani, and he got mad at me, lol!!

I love Brown Derby, but haven't eaten there in years...I think I'm going to drag MIL there in May!

How fabulously appropriate. I just watched Episodes IV and V back to back yesterday and was all Star Wars-y today and then I happen upon this lovely Star Wars-y post :cloud9:

Gorgeous pictures of you on Sunset :thumbsup2

Omg. How long will you keep me in suspense with your dessert party?! :rotfl:

It love how you get such a kick out of the Star Wars meets, SW just isn't my jam, but I think it's so cool how you get so into it. Sorry you didn't find your BB8 purse, that's a bummer. I always get my heart set on something and when it doesn't work out its such a drag!

Loving your balloon photo, tippy toes and all!

I would be one of those peeps on ToT that looks like I pooped my pants, it
Scares the doodie out of me. I'd do it again though, if i had an adulty beverage and some liquid courage on board :thumbsup2

I've had my eye on that Belle shirt for the last two trips, it's lovely! But still haven't made a purchase:confused3

This is seriously the coolest update.
Kylo. Oh you hipster bad guy you.. JAWA! aren't they the best! i love everything i read about them in Disney! I cannot wait to track one down!!! CAN'T WAIT! I have been gathering little odds and ends to trade with the little buggers.
I have not had a coffee spiked yet!

I have seen your BB-8 bag a lot.. Until now.. Ya know until you actually want the thing But i will keep my eye out for you.

Kylo is such a whiner. I wish they would replace him with Darth Vader. We have never met him. I was reading about Brown Derby on your food report. I really love that salad, but I like tart things:scared: The lounge is really cool, because you don't have to have an ADR. They have the salad, and they had these really good sliders. I am bummed about the smaller desserts. I really liked the large grapefruit cake better. Their cocktails are awesome though:thumbsup2
I got to meet Darth Vader when I was there last December, and it was AWESOME. And I like the smaller dessert sampler concept. But I like to be able to try lots of things, so it made me happy!

I love your expression in this picture. That would be hard not to crack a smile. We had hoped to meet him but the line wrapped around the whole room and down the hall, so we skipped it.
Yeah, I wouldn't have waited THAT long for him, but I think my wait was something like 30 minutes, so I didn't mind!

How fun! We wished we had something to trade when we were there.

Disney was smart to buy the rights to Star Wars. We have been fans since the first movie came out.
Yes, I am going to bring things to trade with me next time! I need to start keeping my eye out for stuff, maybe collect some crap from the office.

I'm so jealous that you got to do the dessert party and see the fireworks show. We were rained out on our October trip. We thought we could see it during our December trip but then they made the huge mistake of putting up a Christmas show instead. :(
Oh, what a bummer! I'm hoping they bring it back after the Christmas show.

You sure got a lot done before you checked into your room at the BC.
That was the idea!

Left a pretty epic comment over on the dining review. Sorry about that btw!
Don't apologize, it was a great comment!

I totally saw the bb-8 purse in the Ear2you vlog!

Maybe you could call Disney merchandise and see if they can help!
Oh! Okay, so the CM at Tattoine Traders was NOT a dirty dirty liar, I take it back!

I would have died laughing if the sand creatures had played jingle bells on my moms scooter! That is epic!
It was HILARIOUS!

I think the BB8 purse is made my Loungefly. If you didn't get it and still want it, I think they have it on their website.

https://www.loungefly.com/brands/star-wars/bb-8-mini-dome-bag.html
OH. MY. GOD. Seriously?!?!

PtQrzJUJ7Q9d6.gif

I read your DR...but forgot to ask, what was that thing on top of the potatoes? Looked interesting!!
It was this weird waffle-cut twisty potato chip thingy. Just for decoration. (Ate it anyhow.)

Sounds like a fun HS afternoon...and the food...yum. So happy for you about the shirts - though I may have said something on FB at the time lol. But that is so great. Only down side is...lots more shopping in the parks now lol Good and bad I suppose :))
That's definitely a GOOD thing! I don't have to MAKE Disney t-shirts using iron-ons anymore, now I can just buy them like a normal person!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: The trying not to smile was definitely not working out for you, but love these pics :-) Not even sure how you even thought to smile as the dude scared the bejesus out of me. So much so I didn't return when Casey wanted to meet him last :P
When I met Darth Vader last December, HE scared me so bad I peed a little. Compared to him, Kylo Ren is a chump.

How awesome!!!!! Despite their name, I had no idea they traded. If you give them something, do they give you something in return? Casey would love that.
Yeah! It's just stupid stuff. Paperclips, buttons, etc. From what I've read, anyhow. I've never done it because I always forget to bring stuff. Gonna try to remember in February, though!

Speaking of Casey, totally have to have her take this one day. Perfection.
I'm pretty sure that I read that the balloons are exclusive to HS, so when you're there just harrass every PP photographer you see until you find one that will do it!

I'm not so sure on that. The guy in the blue shirt behind you may in fact be in poopy face land.
You might be right, good catch!

And the angels started singing and the clouds parted and I think I just had a religious experience. How, how, how did I no know there was boozy coffee in the parks????? And how,how, how am I going to thank you for cluing me in. Now where exactly is this coffee cart???? Leave no detail out
Pretty much every Joffrey's Coffee cart I saw during my trip offered some variation on the boozy coffee concept! This one in particular was right as you exit Tower of Terror.

Oh Billie, this is amazing news. So happy for you!
Thanks! I was pretty stoked, and it was an awesome was to start my trip!

So glad you enjoyed the Star Wars character meets :) I'm currently watching the Disney Thanksgiving special that I taped, trying to absorb a little long distance sparkle. You are rocking this trip. I think if you get a Passholder button it better be "Awsome Passholder" for that little something extra! And what's not to love about all those pictures!
I still have that Disney Thanksgiving special on my DVR. I need to sit down and watch some stuff sooo bad. I think I'm at 80% or so. It's pretty terrible.

Aw, what a fantastic morning! I do love me some ToT! I thought you were going to get the Cobb? Changed your mind? Or is that a different trip's plan?
You must have missed the part where I linked to the complete dining report, haha. I'll only be quickly glossing over my dining experience in this report (dessert party being the exception)!

Haha, I love this. Sometimes it's so hard not to smile in the villain pictures. They're too fun.
The pictures look great, even with your attempts to not smile!
Thanks! They crack me up! When it doubt, make goofy faces!

Jingle Bells on the scooter buttons. I love it! Oh those Jawas...
It was AWESOME. I couldn't stop laughing and people around us were stopping and watching and cracking up.

That kid grabbing on to his dad's arm is hysterical. People do the funniest things in ToT pictures.
Ride pictures are the BEST! Those alone make Memory Maker totally worth every penny!

I did not know that this exists. I want one.
Joffrey's Coffee carts! I saw some variation on boozy coffee at all of them!

What? No BB-8 purse? That is not cool!!
I know, I was super bummed!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is amazing!!!!
I was pretttttty excited!

I've heard good things about the Star Wars dessert party, so I'm excited to hear what you thought about it!
Coming up in the next update!

Aaack! I didn't get any notifications of new updates and missed two! Just finished catching up though!
It's okay! I'm chronically behind on folks threads, so I don't get upset when people fall behind on mine!

So excited for you that you were able to get those t-shirts! Also, the pics with Kylo Ren are hilarious!
The t-shirt revelation made my whole year, lemme tell ya!

Can't wait to read about the dessert party (we've never done one) and for your room at the BC!
Coming up soon, I promise!

I still can't believe how fantastic you look :cheer2: And the whole deal with the shirts just proves it!
Awww, thank you SO SO SO much!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Beach Club since we just returned last night from our first stay there :) Your first HS day sounds like it went great!
It was an AWESOME first day for sure!

I just found your trip report. This hotel is on my wish list, very beautiful. I can't wait to see pics of the room.
Hey, I'm glad you're here! Room pics coming up in the next update, I promise!

That Belle shirt is so pretty!! I'm sorry you never found it in the other stores...that's usually what happens to me, too. I find one thing I like, it isn't in my size or I hesitate thinking I'll come back or try somewhere else, and then...nope. Boo!
Yeah, I guess I arrived on the end of their inventory of it. Boooo!

We met Kylo Ren at Disneyland this summer, and he was SCARY!! Our Friend-of-Ren was really, really good at his job. I showed him my Rebel Starbird Alex and Ani, and he got mad at me, lol!!
HAHAHA, that's awesome!

I love Brown Derby, but haven't eaten there in years...I think I'm going to drag MIL there in May!
Do it! It was delicious!

How fabulously appropriate. I just watched Episodes IV and V back to back yesterday and was all Star Wars-y today and then I happen upon this lovely Star Wars-y post :cloud9:
The next one is gonna be even Star Wars-ier!

Gorgeous pictures of you on Sunset :thumbsup2
Aww! Thanks, boo!

Omg. How long will you keep me in suspense with your dessert party?! :rotfl:
Hopefully just a couple more hours! (But no promises!)

It love how you get such a kick out of the Star Wars meets, SW just isn't my jam, but I think it's so cool how you get so into it. Sorry you didn't find your BB8 purse, that's a bummer. I always get my heart set on something and when it doesn't work out its such a drag!
It's okay! Apparently I can still order it online... Trying to talk myself off that ledge right now! It's $70 bucks!

Loving your balloon photo, tippy toes and all!
Haha, the tippy toes! You saw that!

I would be one of those peeps on ToT that looks like I pooped my pants, it
Scares the doodie out of me. I'd do it again though, if i had an adulty beverage and some liquid courage on board :thumbsup2
Maybe THAT's why they made boozy coffee available right outside the ride, haha!

I've had my eye on that Belle shirt for the last two trips, it's lovely! But still haven't made a purchase:confused3
You might be out of luck next time, I got the impression they wouldn't be stocking them anymore!

This is seriously the coolest update.
Kylo. Oh you hipster bad guy you..
BAHAHA. He's so emo!

JAWA! aren't they the best! i love everything i read about them in Disney! I cannot wait to track one down!!! CAN'T WAIT! I have been gathering little odds and ends to trade with the little buggers.
I definitely need to start putting some crap aside for trading next time!

I have not had a coffee spiked yet!
You must! It's wonderful!

I have seen your BB-8 bag a lot.. Until now.. Ya know until you actually want the thing But i will keep my eye out for you.
Murphy's Law, right?! Somebody here showed me where to order it online, though... SO TEMPTING.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter