I'm at AofA right now, any quick questions?

goofyintoronto said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto

Sorry but a couple of these questions are bizarre. Lol!

OP can you tell from just how far the LM building is ? Is it really far?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I would like to try out the LM section next yr (just my DS12 & I) but if its too far then forget it.

I'm not the OP, but I was wandering around that resort 2 weeks ago because I too want to stay in the LM section as I don't have a need for a suite and don't desire to spend the extra $ when I don't need the suite. So I thought I'd go and check out the location of the LM section in comparision to the rest of the resort.
IMHO, I think the LM section is further out from the main bldg than the 80's/90"s section at POP. Now this is MY opinion but they are going to be a hike and they are clearly the furtherest bldgs from the food court/bus stop. As much as I would really like to try this resort, it's not looking favorable for me...

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

How is the cell/text service? We stayed in a Finding Nemo suite for 1 night in early June and hardly had any cell service in the room. We were in a ground floor, corner room so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. We have iPhones with AT&T. I couldn't imagine staying there a week with that cell/text reception. Thanks for answering questions while you are on vacation!!

Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to answer our questions. My husband is insisting there's room dividers for the table/bed. Can you answer this for me? Also, do you hear much noise at night? DD & I are light sleepers.

There are no room dividers in the table/bed area. The table is the first thing when you enter the room. As for noise, it's relatively quiet in the master bedroom. You can hear some noise if you're sleeping in the main room, but it is muffled due to the rooms being off an interior hallway.

Thanks so much for answering all these! I hope I'm not too pesky asking a followup. My mom is short, so I'm not too worried about the size. I was wondering if you think it's comfortable enough for an 60 something to sleep on for 12 nights?

She keeps saying she'll be fine and would prefer the suites, but I keep wondering if I should just get two rooms with her own bed.

Comfort is a personal thing. Your mom might feel it's fine while others might not. The table/bed is in an open area so there is no privacy.

Sorry but a couple of these questions are bizarre. Lol!

OP can you tell from just how far the LM building is ? Is it really far?

If you're talking about distance from the main AofA building, LM is far. LM is just like Pop Century, with smaller room and exterior hallways. Most of AofA is built off interior hallways.

How is the cell/text service? We stayed in a Finding Nemo suite for 1 night in early June and hardly had any cell service in the room. We were in a ground floor, corner room so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. We have iPhones with AT&T. I couldn't imagine staying there a week with that cell/text reception. Thanks for answering questions while you are on vacation!!

Wifi service for the following items was very weak (rendering the items mostly useless):

iPhone 4s
android phone
iPad (latest generation)
Nook color
Kindle Fire

Wifi service was excellent and reliable for the following devices:

Dell laptop
High end HP laptop

Most times, we could not get a clear/reliable cell signal. Other times, the signal would come in, but it would be fleeting.

I have read in the other AoA thread that the rooms get hot when noone is in them due to the air conditioning only turning on when it senses movement. Is this the case? I hate returning from a long day at the parks to a warm room.

Hope you are having an amazing time!!!!!:goodvibes

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to answer questions while on your vacay. I was wondering if they have a microwave and toaster for guests to use in the food court? Thanks so much, enjoy the rest of your vacay!!

AT&T, I think is generally known for the best service around the world. They are using the cellular 850 megahertz band which penetrates walls the best. Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint are using the PCS 1900 megahertz frequency, which doesn't travel as far. Most cell sites around Disney are shared sites between all of the carriers, and most are off-site, so the signal is traveling pretty far, and thus doesn't penetrate buildings as well. Disney needs to allow microcells on the property. They are very small and can be hidden very well. Many suburban areas are getting these on lightpoles and they can house equipment for 4-5 mobile carriers even.

At POP Century, Verizon and Sprint didn't work too well, so I doubt they'd work very well across the lake at AoA either. I had to go outside to get a reliable signal on either of those carriers.

I'm not the OP, but I was wandering around that resort 2 weeks ago because I too want to stay in the LM section as I don't have a need for a suite and don't desire to spend the extra $ when I don't need the suite. So I thought I'd go and check out the location of the LM section in comparision to the rest of the resort.
IMHO, I think the LM section is further out from the main bldg than the 80's/90"s section at POP. Now this is MY opinion but they are going to be a hike and they are clearly the furtherest bldgs from the food court/bus stop. As much as I would really like to try this resort, it's not looking favorable for me...

OH MY DEAR HEAVENS!!! Thats FAR!!!!!!!!! Its not very appealing to me either now! Ive been to pop, I know how far 80's/90's is from the main building. Thats painfully far. Since its just my DS12 & I, i really cannot justify spending $ on a suite. Thats why i considered LM. I might do LM for one night only on my next trip, just to check out the resort. But anything more than one night is just crazy. There's just no way.

Thanks for the info.

Can you buy milk on property? Not the individual serving size, but a larger amount - maybe a half gallon?

Thank you so much! Hope you're having a wonderful time!:goodvibes

jenjie said:
Can you buy milk on property? Not the individual serving size, but a larger amount - maybe a half gallon?

Thank you so much! Hope you're having a wonderful time!

Again, not OP, but I stayed at POP two weeks ago which is right over the bridge. they had half gallons of milk. I would suspect that AoA would have them too, but if not...you could get one not TOO far away. HTH!!

stitchlovestink said:
Again, not OP, but I stayed at POP two weeks ago which is right over the bridge. they had half gallons of milk. I would suspect that AoA would have them too, but if not...you could get one not TOO far away. HTH!!

Excellent! Thanks so much

I posted this in another thread but it hasn't been answered yet. I would love some info and pictures of the bar. Is it attached to the main building or a separate building like at Pop. Do they have any specialty drinks or is it standard value bar menu. Can you order snacks?

I know that there is a door that close off the main bedroom and 1 of the baths, but is there a door or curtain, that close off the sink area, for dressing in the main area? or is there a pocket door that can close off the area with the pull out couch in it?

We are thinking about going this route with my daughter and her husband next Dec, 2013 - and not sure if we will have enough privacy. Basicly is there enough privacy for all of us.

How are the food choices, for breakfast ? and is there a pasta station.

Any pictures of Loin King area would be great.

I hope that you have a wonderful time, and thanks so much for allowing us to ask questions.pixiedust:

Can you tell me if they have a ATM in the lobby?

I believe there is. Don't quote me, but I believe I saw one when I was last in there.

I have read in the other AoA thread that the rooms get hot when noone is in them due to the air conditioning only turning on when it senses movement. Is this the case? I hate returning from a long day at the parks to a warm room.

Hope you are having an amazing time!!!!!:goodvibes

I said this *exact thing* to my hubby! To me, it gets uncomfortably warm during the night when we sleep. I said, I bet the a/c comes on when there is movement. The bathroom fans operate on this same principle. When you walk in, they automatically turn on.

The room isn't warm when you walk in (push it down to 68 like we did before you leave!)

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to answer questions while on your vacay. I was wondering if they have a microwave and toaster for guests to use in the food court? Thanks so much, enjoy the rest of your vacay!!

I personally didn't notice if there was a toaster oven or not (sorry). But there is a microwave in the suites.

AT&T, I think is generally known for the best service around the world. They are using the cellular 850 megahertz band which penetrates walls the best. Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint are using the PCS 1900 megahertz frequency, which doesn't travel as far. Most cell sites around Disney are shared sites between all of the carriers, and most are off-site, so the signal is traveling pretty far, and thus doesn't penetrate buildings as well. Disney needs to allow microcells on the property. They are very small and can be hidden very well. Many suburban areas are getting these on lightpoles and they can house equipment for 4-5 mobile carriers even.

At POP Century, Verizon and Sprint didn't work too well, so I doubt they'd work very well across the lake at AoA either. I had to go outside to get a reliable signal on either of those carriers.

Our personal experience is AT&T has been the least reliable in South Florida. After losing power during hurricanes, AT&T was always the last to restore any sort of signal.

The devices I listed above are using AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. All of them have service problems.

how far is the food court/buses from Little Mermaid building #9 or #7 my Grand daughter is wanting to stay there and know can get close at POP

I said this *exact thing* to my hubby! To me, it gets uncomfortably warm during the night when we sleep. I said, I bet the a/c comes on when there is movement. The bathroom fans operate on this same principle. When you walk in, they automatically turn on.

The room isn't warm when you walk in (push it down to 68 like we did before you leave!)

Thanks for your quick response. I will definitely take your advice!:)

I came across this somewhere and have it saved on my phone for our trip. It's worth a try.

"Search "Motion bypass" and several articles over the years say:

"Here are the directions to overiding the a/c system:

On the thermostat push the power button and the down arrow (that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly there will be the letters "bp" where the temp numbers usually are. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. The maintenance man said that you might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours. We found that it stayed on bypass for a couple of days at a time. It was great to come back to a cold room or not wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat again."

A high up Disney facilities chief told me that all AC bypasses by maintenance (like when they turn down the AC in a crowded conference room) get reset every night by Mickey's Master Computer.

Several also say the mylar balloon tied to the AC grill works."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter