Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

This is from the Rose and Crown Dining Room page (not the package page):

IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Staying for dinner? Enjoy a prime view of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth from the waterfront. Be sure to arrive early: A table on the patio cannot be guaranteed, and outdoor dining cannot be requested in advance.

This isn't new, it's been listed there for quite awhile. Is it now misleading advertising? If not, maybe you should hold onto those late ADRs for a little while, at least.

I'm surprised it has taken this long for WDW to do this. I've seen people camped out there for hours without ordering much and I've seen people stomp off if they aren't seated outside.

We like the food and it is the only place I've seen with Boddington's on tap. Ironically I always get the Fish and Chips and my DH gets the either the Bangers and Mash or the Shepherd's pie. I find it odd that the pie isn't on the menu but oh well. I have no problem paying a bit extra for a guaranteed outside seat at a place I would be going to anyway. We used to eat at the R&C then do the dessert party and I don't eat dessert so that was a loss.

I've never booked a dining package before...will this need to be paid in full at the time of booking or is it just a CC guarantee like a typical ADR?

Just tried booking this dining package for any night Apr 30 to May 3, which is when my friend and I will be there, and it already says there is no availability 6:30 to 9:30 pm on any of those nights. Considering it kept saying it would be available for booking Jan 17 and not before, I think its kind of odd that at 3 mins past midnight on the first day of booking everything is already gone on 4 different nights.

Called Dining. She said it wasn’t released yet. One data point from one cast member. Disappointed but not surprised

Still not available online as of 7:08 am. I called Disney to make the Reservation and the current wait time was more than 30 minutes. Is that normal for Dining Reservations at 7 am?

No luck at 7 either

Me neither. Did anyone book something? Or were they just pulling our chain?

Middle of the night dining attempts are no fun on the west coast. Hopefully I can get back to sleep now, or I go to work on 3 hours of zzzz's.

Just called, as well. My CM also said that it hasn't been released yet

I was in the phone queue at 7 am and just hung up with someone. They told me there was no availability for the date I specified. She also thinks Disney just hasn’t released the event yet. . I can’t fathom my random date is already filled.

Just hung up was told booking would be available at 9:00am got to love the consistency :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter