• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Illuminations and Happily Ever After Cruises - Find One To Share

I have not cancelled this yet, the cost is about $500 and I haven't decided if it's worth it. What are your thoughts? If we go, you are welcome to share! It will just be my husband and I.

As I said, we rented the boat last year for the Wishes cruise on December 30th, and it was great. The boats stayed right in front of the bungalows at the Poly, and it was an excellent viewing place. We were able to get a total of 10 people so the price was reasonable. The boat we had left from the Wilderness Lodge dock. Where will yours leave from? We are still interested.

We did not know the other people. I posted here, and got the group. I did ask for cash, and included a tip for the boat captain in the amount I asked for. It all worked out. It is great to see the fireworks from a vantage point outside of the crowds. We have done the actual NYE cruise for Illuminations twice now. That's an expensive proposition, costs $100 per person basically because the captain provides more "stuff" to eat, including some bubbly.

Let me know what you decide. If you go through with it, and want more folks, I can do what I did last year. I posted in the DVC Miscellaneous board, there were some DVC folks who saw the opportunity there and joined.

Bobbi

As I said, we rented the boat last year for the Wishes cruise on December 30th, and it was great. The boats stayed right in front of the bungalows at the Poly, and it was an excellent viewing place. We were able to get a total of 10 people so the price was reasonable. The boat we had left from the Wilderness Lodge dock. Where will yours leave from? We are still interested.

We did not know the other people. I posted here, and got the group. I did ask for cash, and included a tip for the boat captain in the amount I asked for. It all worked out. It is great to see the fireworks from a vantage point outside of the crowds. We have done the actual NYE cruise for Illuminations twice now. That's an expensive proposition, costs $100 per person basically because the captain provides more "stuff" to eat, including some bubbly.

Let me know what you decide. If you go through with it, and want more folks, I can do what I did last year. I posted in the DVC Miscellaneous board, there were some DVC folks who saw the opportunity there and joined.

Bobbi

We are supposed to meet the boat at the Contemporary Resort at 11pm. I was told that the boat holds 8 people and includes the piped in music. If you would like to find more people to share the boat and divide the cost, that would be great! Thank you for your help :)

Jessica

OK, Jessica,
I will post a link to your post on DVC Miscellaneous thread. We actually are staying at Bay Lake Tower, so this is very convenient for us.

Bobbi

All are booked, so still looking for a host on a 12/31 cruise.

Harlemgirl720 was looking for an Illuminations cruise, so we are still looking for 4 for PButtercup's December 30th MK's firework cruise!

I hope PButtercup will chime in. She mentioned the cost was around $500 and they could have up to 8. This is for MK fireworks. We would meet at Contemporary dock at 11 on Dec 30. As far as I know there are 4 of us "in."

I will be there march 29 - April 6....family of 4 (me, dh, kids are 9 & 6). I may be interested in sharing if you are there that week.

I was wondering if you found an Illuminations cruise to share and if there was availability for 2 more :) My husband and I are going during that time and would like to join a cruise on March 29, 2016 if possible.

I hope PButtercup will chime in. She mentioned the cost was around $500 and they could have up to 8. This is for MK fireworks. We would meet at Contemporary dock at 11 on Dec 30. As far as I know there are 4 of us "in."

Sorry for the delayed response! Yes there are 4 of us so far. The boat price is $480 plus tip, not sure how much tip should be. It would be good to just split the price per person. Thanks!

My husband suggested a 10% tip when we booked the cruise.

So, that would be $48. Just a suggestion. Any others?

If Beezle2 comes in that's 7 people. $75 per person. What do you think? It will have treats provided by the captain.

My husband suggested a 10% tip when we booked the cruise.

So, that would be $48. Just a suggestion. Any others?

If Beezle2 comes in that's 7 people. $75 per person. What do you think? It will have treats provided by the captain.

That sounds good to me!

We are in for $75 each, too.

Can we get the others?

11PM fireworks cruise from Contemp. Who is definitely in?

Looking to book a Wishes Cruise on May 18, 2016. We're a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids 5 & 2). Is anyone interested in sharing?

That's great!

OK that makes 7.... If there's a solo out there that would max us out.

PButtercup needs 10 posts at least to participate in a conversation. (Is that correct?) Once she has them, I suggest we get all of our names and cell numbers. We took cash the night of the cruise. We'll see how she wants it.

We are staying at BLT. How about you?

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter