• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ILL for RoTR on new years day

R5Jedi

Carrying the Banner
So, I'm in Florida with my boyfriends family who aren't really Disney people, but they said they wanted to see Galaxys Edge so I managed to get them to get DHS tickets ahead of time so we could get reservations for January 1. I haven't been since before Genie+, and I want this experience to be as stress free as possible so they aren't scared away from Disney forever. I don't have access to the tickets because my boyfriend's dad bought them, but I was wondering if I should encourage for us to buy ILLs for RoTR. I'm not sure if Genie+ would be all that beneficial because it seems like we're mostly gonna be staying in GE all day. I also don't think they're gonna be up for any sort of rope dropping. Would ILLs be smart? Will we even be able to get ILLs if we aren't in the park at open? I keep researching but so many things are from right after GE opened so I'm not quite sure what's accurate or not. I just want to make this a fun experience and not feel like we have to preplan everything but as a long time disneygoer I know some pre-planning is necessary. Thanks for any help!!

I think the ILL$ for RoTR will be available for purchase to any WDW resort guest starting at 7:00 a.m. They then open for sale to all other guests at park open, which would be 8:30 a.m. on New Years Day. You do not need to be in the park to purchase.

So, I'm in Florida with my boyfriends family who aren't really Disney people, but they said they wanted to see Galaxys Edge so I managed to get them to get DHS tickets ahead of time so we could get reservations for January 1. I haven't been since before Genie+, and I want this experience to be as stress free as possible so they aren't scared away from Disney forever. I don't have access to the tickets because my boyfriend's dad bought them, but I was wondering if I should encourage for us to buy ILLs for RoTR. I'm not sure if Genie+ would be all that beneficial because it seems like we're mostly gonna be staying in GE all day. I also don't think they're gonna be up for any sort of rope dropping. Would ILLs be smart? Will we even be able to get ILLs if we aren't in the park at open? I keep researching but so many things are from right after GE opened so I'm not quite sure what's accurate or not. I just want to make this a fun experience and not feel like we have to preplan everything but as a long time disneygoer I know some pre-planning is necessary. Thanks for any help!!
mom22boys correctly states when you can buy the ILL. You no longer have to enter the park first The price this week has been $25 per person. The average posted wait time for Rise this week has been over two hours. I value my time at more than $12.50 per hour, so I would recommend you buy it unless you have a plan to ride it at a less busy time (early entry if staying onsite or just before park close.) If it is important that you all ride it, I wouldn't depend on it being running at park close. This webpage will let you look up how Rise has been running today with respect to wait times, etc.

Unless you and your party are staying at a Disney resort, there's a good chance you will not be able to buy an Individual Lightning Lane for RotR even if you want to.

Disney resort guests can buy them at 7:00, and they are often sold out by the time offsite guests can buy them, at park opening time.

If you ARE staying at a Disney resort, I highly recommend purchasing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter