• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Iger is back?

I will go to my grave saying that Chapek got a raw deal.

But that doesn’t mean this isn’t better for the company.
Yes and no. IMO he did everything he was hired to do. He would probably still be in charge of Disney+ was doing better. Under him the parks have been really good. What hurt him is the losses that Disney+ is having

We were at AK today and there is definitely a change of attitude. You can see it in the CM's and we talked with a few in Guest Services. They are hopeful and excited that there is finally some energy at Disney. There is much to do in the cleaning and maintenance department of all the parks, however a good start today was lots of street entertainment. I guess it has felt a bit like walking through a huge parking lot for the past couple years. Today it felt just a *bit more* like Disney

:tink::tink::tink::tink::tink::tink:

We were at AK today and there is definitely a change of attitude. You can see it in the CM's and we talked with a few in Guest Services. They are hopeful and excited that there is finally some energy at Disney. There is much to do in the cleaning and maintenance department of all the parks, however a good start today was lots of street entertainment. I guess it has felt a bit like walking through a huge parking lot for the past couple years. Today it felt just a *bit more* like Disney

:tink::tink::tink::tink::tink::tink:
Hopefully, this will continue and it's not just a blip! Hopefully, the bean counters will let him do what needs to be done!

No, I do not think that Genie+ will be going anywhere. I may be in the minority, but I did not hate it. I hope a few changes are made to the parks as a whole though.

I went with a decently sized group (22) in June and I was okay with Genie+. Some days we used it and sometimes we didn't.

I agree. I don’t think things like Genie+ will go away. Nor do I think things like ILL will go away. Those types of things were inevitable and I am ok with them.

I have been more concerned about Disney’s culture under Chapek. He didn’t give a hoot about the “magic”…he only cared about the $$. You could feel the difference in the parks under his tenure. Iger definitely does care about the magic, storytelling and guest satisfaction. He cares about detail. The Disney culture will rebound under Iger. THAT’S what I care about.

(Bolded mine)
This!!! I feel like it will be the little things that add up greatly under Iger. When I was there recently I missed a lot of the more minor things that not everyone would stop and see or even notice. Street performers, water graffiti from custodial, CMs making magic, CMs being more engaged, etc. We did see DeVine (thank god, she's one of my favorite things about AK) but I missed a lot of those other small things that really make you feel like you're *discovering* something when you're at WDW.

I would love to see them bring back the street performers, Magical Express, daily housekeeping and CAN WE PLEASE GET A NIGHTTIME PARADE BACK IN WDW!!! These are some of the things that set WDW apart from every other theme park. IMHO these are some of the areas where the magic is lacking.

The street performers have been slowly returning. I saw quite a few we weren't even expecting when we were there last week, especially in epcot (we spent most of our time threre, so noticed it more). Everyone is so anti Chapek I'm sure Iger will get credit, even tho that type of decision is below what a ceo deals with anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter