If you were a new Disney Cast Member...

In order of preference:

1. Imagineer.
2. Wedding planner.
3. Photopass photographer.

As an FYI my daughter (a CM) just called and told me the pins are no longer located there! She said she was there Tuesday and took a friend in to show him something and she stopped dead in her tracks. They told her the pins are now at a kiosk location up by the ice cream store. She said in the area that held the pins is just the same jewelry but more spread out and the pin kiosk does not have as much as the store did.

Liz

Well that is disappointing. I would still enjoy a job at one of the smaller stores on Main Street, though. I just love the atmosphere.

I actually work at wdw currently in parking ops at MK, i work on the trams and park cars and love my role. I also used to work audience control for the parades at DHS and fantasmic, when I was on college program, and would love to go back there, so much great guest interaction on parade shifts.

I have two goals in my disney career
1) I would like to perform as a parade performer for a while
2) I would like to eventually work in YES (Youth Education Series) as i'm a qualified teacher.

I am a music educator with an additional degree in percussion performance. I would love to play drums in the Jammin Jungle Parade or be one of the conductors for the You're Instrumental workshop.

As an RN, I suppose I could work there in that capacity, but I would be happy to sweep the streets in the Magic Kingdom and just wander the park all day. I am also only 5'2" so I would be willing to don a suit of any kind I would qualify for! :rotfl:This is my retirement plan as well. Move to the warm weather and work at Disney!

When I retire, I would love to work for Disney World.

My current career is an architect/construction manager in facilities management - I would love to do that part-time in my retirement. I thought it would be especially fun around the holidays.

One of my favorite hobbies is sewing, so I would also love to work in the costume department. Everytime I do the backlot tour in DHS, I just dream about it when you go through the department on the tour.

If I had pursued my original dream job, which was to be a college professor at Gallaudet College, and earned my doctorate in sign language, I would love to have been an interpretor at the parks/tours. :goodvibes

I am a Project Manager in Technology working mainly in projects relating to Internet / Mobile Banking. I would LOVE to be a PM for Disney!

I would also like to be an Event Planner for Disney as I am the consumate perfectionist and absolutely love planning parties and trips to Disney! I love entertaining, making sure everyone is having the best possible time, and above all, I LOVE sharing my Disney passion with others.

My DH is an Engineer and PM in the Oil Services Industry and I keep telling him he needs to become a Disney Imagineer. I think that would be an awesome job!

Or any of the Fairies, really. I am only 4'11, so this would be an easy fit. Or, A JC captain, GMR driver, or, heaven forbid, a server. I think I would have way too much fun at 50's PT.

My Disney dream job (when I retire), is to create a web site geared specifically to first timers. It would focus on the parks as they are now (not on how things used to be). It wouldn't be another "all things Disney World" type site, just the basics a newbie would need to know to get the most out of their first visit.

I would also hire myself out as an itinerary planner and personal tour guide.

That's my dream and someday (God willing) I'll do it!

I'd love to move to Disney and work there, but we can't do it at this point in our lives. So last October I started a Disney consulting business where I do itinerary planning for people. And I teach community ed. classes in my area to help people plan their first trips to WDW. In fact I'm teaching a 3-hour class tomorrow night through my school district's community education department. It is so much fun! And you're right, newbies need so many of the basics that we "veterans" take for granted. I don't have the know how to do the website part though -- you're way ahead of me on that one.

I hope you get to start your dream business soon! Its perfect work for us Disney fanatics :)

I had an opportunity to do the CP back when I was in college, but due to some circumstances I was unable to go :( Still have a tinge of regret when it comes to that!

Again, like many folks here, I would love to retire there, but I have a looooooonnnnngggg time before I can retire (I'm 29 yrs old)

And honestly I would do any job they put me to! Even custodial, I wouldn't care!! Just to be in the warmth all year long and bringing joy to people, seeing how excited the kids are, etc. that is what I would love to do!

I've talked to my wife about the possibility of her working for Disney now. She does "experience design" - if anyone knows about Alternate Reality Games, and the people behind them, you probably know who she is. IMO, it's an area that they could really grow in.

As for me, I'd mentioned to her last time we were there that I want to retire to Orlando and work somewhere at WDW. I'm a consultant, so I deal with the public daily. Maybe something in customer relations.

I applied for the ICP this summer, but sadly didn't make it :sad2: I'll be trying again for next year though of course :thumbsup2
The order of my role preference was Character Performer, Attractions/Operations then Merchandise.

So as you can see I'd love to be a character! I'm the right height for Chip and Dale apparently, which would've been amazing! I'd also love to work on TSM, ToT or in Philharmagic :goodvibes

I will answer for my DS who has announced this very answer from the day he realized "real" people are hired at WDW:
Janitorial/Street Sweeper in Tomorrowland. End of story, that is his dream position.
The kid hates his braces, but how does he deal? Says WDW hires those with nice smiles...O.K., works for me ;)

He has every intention of applying for the CP when he is a sophomore in college, even tho we have told him he may be cleaning greasy vats in the kitchens at Flame Tree BBQ.
So, 4 years from now, if there is a CP opening for custodial in Tomorrowland, watch out for DS, he will do everything he can to show he is the right guy for the job!

Hands down first pick Tour Guide preferable KTTK, but I would do any of them.
2nd pick: Imagineer. I like to interact with people and that would cut out face to face with guests but if I had to do it I think i could. ;) Let's see traveling the world for props for que's, spending hours looking over plans and tweeking designs, being in brainstorming session for new attractions, being in the 'know' for everything new coming down the pike years ahead of time, yeah I think I could handle it.

Hopefully we won't have to wait till we're retired to move to FL and working for Disney. DH is already working on his masters degree and plans on becoming an imagineer, I'd love to either be a wedding planner or work at the Wide World of Sports (cause I'm a HUGE sports junkie!)

Oh this is too awesome of a post! I am eagerly anticipating my phone interview on Thursday for the Disney College Program internship! I am an "adult learner" and we are planning a relocation to Orlando in July. I am trying to pick which roles I would prefer. I am SO excited! Wish me luck!

Oh this is too awesome of a post! I am eagerly anticipating my phone interview on Thursday for the Disney College Program internship! I am an "adult learner" and we are planning a relocation to Orlando in July. I am trying to pick which roles I would prefer. I am SO excited! Wish me luck!

Good luck!! Half of my friends are gonna be working on the International College Program this summer in Merch and Attractions, so maybe you'll see them out there :goodvibes

I would work selling ice cream at one of those carts in the Magic Kingdom!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter