• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you watch college football.....what teams (s) do you root for?

I graduated from Rutgers in 1983 but never went to a football game. I think even their best seasons were mediocre. I did attend some basketball games, both men's and women's, and some other sports too.

Rutgers had a great season 10 years ago, finishing ranked #12, I believe.

They got humiliated by the Washington Huskies today.

Only D-III and no football, but there's only one slug out there.

jules-t-shirt.jpg

Younger DD attends UCSC. I'm a proud Banana Slug Mom.

Older DD went to Delaware, the Blue Hens. I did go to one game when she was a student.

Northwestern, where I attended college.
Delaware, in the town where I grew up.
Mizzou, in the state where I now live and the school both my children attend.

Small world! Northwestern grad here as well. The year I was a freshman, the seniors were seeing the football team win for the first time in their entire 4 years on campus. It was quite an event.

And my son is at one of the University of Missouri campuses right now.

Just in case that last one wasn't obscure enough:

View attachment 191213

(Note, I don't actually watch their games. It's where I went to school, though. It's smaller than my high school was.)

Northwestern was the first college football game I attended that I actually enjoyed; my brother graduated in 94. I still have my stuffed Willie the Wildcat that my parents bought me one time we visited.

Her, Moravian! Bethlehem resident here, very familiar with the Greyhounds. DFIL and DMIL are alumni.

I don't watch sports anymore but I'm a Penn State alum so I always root for them.

Today was a good day to be an Illini fan.
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Most years, we don't get that many good days, so I celebrate them to the fullest!

Congrats to Alabama fans.

I didn't expect to win, but disappointing my Trojans aren't at least making a game of it.

We're pretty much a disgrace tonight.

I told you they weren't full strength yet. Alabama wouldn't have scheduled em if they were. It's the NCAA that was a disgrace.

The penalties we got were a disgrace.

But we look horrible and there's no excuse for it.

Haden's stupid hires is the problem now.

I graduated from Rutgers in 1983 but never went to a football game. I think even their best seasons were mediocre. I did attend some basketball games, both men's and women's, and some other sports too.

Rutgers had a great season 10 years ago, finishing ranked #12, I believe.

Cal grad here. We had a good run under Tedford, but there were issues at the end. I remember seeing Aaron Rodgers turn into a star, but still no Rose Bowl. Everything was going great in 2007 including a 5-0 record to start the season, but then the starting QB got hurt beating Oregon. They were ranked #2 and about to go #1 if they could have beaten Oregon State, but the backup made a mistake with a chance tie or take the lead. Oregon State was up 3, Cal had no timeouts left in FG range, and the QB ran for a two-yard gain instead of throwing the ball away. The time expired as they tried to get the FG unit on the field. I still think there might have been enough time to line up and spike the ball. That was more or less the beginning of the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter