If you HAD to ... EDITED, see POST 1!!!! :)))

momrek06

DIS Veteran
One ride at Disneyland that you would not care to ride again? Why?

Me - Matterhorn (I hated speeding around and around and around)
DH - Finding Nemo (thought it was too claustrophobic)

:goodvibes PLEASE GO AHEAD AND LIST AS MANY RIDES AT DL AND DCA THAT YOU LIKE AND THAT YOU DO NOT LIKE AND WHY!!! :goodvibes

the canoes, Why would i want to work out on my vacation, lol:thumbsup2

One ride at Disneyland that you would not care to ride again? Why?

Me - Matterhorn
DH - Finding Nemo (thought is was too claustrophobic)

Agreed on both, the Matterhorn bruises me up badly when I go on it and I literally fell asleep on Finding Nemo haha!

I love all the rides at Disneyland.
If it was between both parks, and this was a month ago, I would have said the Malliboomer lol.
But I honestly can not think of a ride that I would never want to go on again!

Autopia. Though with two daughters aged 4 and 7, I'm still doomed to the long wait to "drive" the cars since neither of them are tall enough to reach the gas pedal.

Star Tours - can't handle the shaking shaking shaking! I'll meet you at the exit. :)

Pinocchio. Creepy story, creepy ride.

When I was younger I loved all the rides. Now the older I get, the less tolerant I am of certain ones. I've ridden all of the rides in both parks many times, but I actually have several that I do not enjoy anymore.

These are rides I just prefer to avoid, but could ride if I had to:
Tea Cups - obvious reasons, I don't enjoy feeling sick to my stomach
Star Tours - Too jerky
Space Mountain - I rode it for the last time 2 years ago and it gave me a big headache
Mickey ferris wheel - scared of heights

NEVER again will I go on this:
Finding Nemo - This is probably the only one I truly hate and would not go on even if you paid me

My favorites are Pirates, HM, Splash, and Soarin.

Roger Rabbit--went on it two years ago and all four of us hated it. We skipped it entirely this last trip. I'm sure on our next trip it will be added back into the rotation because the children will have forgotten what a stupid and annoying ride it is.

Nemo--we missed it on our last trip because the wait was so long. This trip the wait was only twenty minutes. Man I wish we had skipped it again. That was the longest and most boring ride ever. I didn't think the ride would EVER end. They could have made the ride half as long and the ride would have been twice as good in my opinion.

Mickey Ferris Wheel--I just don't like ferris wheels.

I skip all the scary rides in general, so I've never done any of those.

I could do without Star Tours. That's the only ride that I ever got sick on in my entire life. I once went to DL with somebody who was terrified of rides. She wouldn't ride anything, not even Dumbo. Seriously, we waited in line for 45 minutes to ride Dumbo and when it was time to get on, she took off. Well, for whatever reason I will never understand, she rode Star Tours. It was the only ride she rode and she liked it and made us ride it like ten times...over and over and over. By the tenth time, I was really bad off. :sick: And ever since, I cannot ride that thing without feeling sick.

In California Adventure, I can do without Mulholland Madness. That scares the hell out of me. My daughter has a video of me screaming and using very non-Disney terms because I was so afraid. She and my friend were laughing at me so hard I wished they would both p themselves. :rolleyes: Never. Ever. Again. Something about that ride makes me feel like I'm gonna go over the edge. I just do not like that at all! :eek:

NEVER again will I go on this:
Finding Nemo - This is probably the only one I truly hate and would not go on even if you paid me

MU4, why do you hate NEMO? Just curious! I have no desire to ever go on it again. The one and only time we did go on it we were the FIRST ones into the sub and had to wait until the entire sub was filled and squished into those little seats. The lights went out and a little tike next to me started screaming. It just was not fun at all. DH saying nothing at all. After the ride was over, we are the LAST ones out and DH says to me "NEVER AGAIN" ... !!! I asked him why and he said "way to claustrophobic". BUT the lines are ALWAYS SO LONG. We must be in the minority on disliking this ride.

I could do without Star Tours. That's the only ride that I ever got sick on in my entire life. I once went to DL with somebody who was terrified of rides. She wouldn't ride anything, not even Dumbo. Seriously, we waited in line for 45 minutes to ride Dumbo and when it was time to get on, she took off. Well, for whatever reason I will never understand, she rode Star Tours. It was the only ride she rode and she liked it and made us ride it like ten times...over and over and over. By the tenth time, I was really bad off. :sick: And ever since, I cannot ride that thing without feeling sick.

Star Tours is now closed and being "reimaged"!!! :thumbsup2
We are looking even further ahead in the galaxy to the “reimagining” of Star Tours at Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts. Scheduled to open in 2011, the power of the Force and the magic of Disney once again will combine to create an all-new Star Tours. When it reopens, it’ll feature a new 3-D, immersive experience that’ll take guests to familiar places in the Star Wars galaxy.

And both are in DCA

Swinging gondolas on the Ferris wheel. I have never been so motion sick in my entire life. I made it one revolution, and the CM was more than happy to let me off in order to avoid a clean up. I was a lovely shade of green.

Mulhulland Madness--I just find it a physically uncomfortable ride for my knees. I look like I am 845 years old when I try to get out of the car after the ride.

Other than that, love TOT, Screamin' will ride all the silly FantasyLand rides, insist I ride Winnie the Pooh each time much to the horror of my family.

I am into the entire experience.

MU4, why do you hate NEMO? Just curious! I have no desire to ever go on it again. The one and only time we did go on it we were the FIRST ones into the sub and had to wait until the entire sub was filled and squished into those little seats. The lights went out and a little tike next to me started screaming. It just was not fun at all. DH saying nothing at all. After the ride was over, we are the LAST ones out and DH says to me "NEVER AGAIN" ... !!! I asked him why and he said "way to claustrophobic". BUT the lines are ALWAYS SO LONG. We must be in the minority on disliking this ride.

Same reasons as you listed, tight spaces, screaming kids, long lines and I am very claustrophobic. :scared1: It was just a horrible experience and I don't ever do it again. I don't even like walking through the castle because there's no windows and when it's crowded in there, I feel closed in.

And yet, I have no problems with Haunted Mansion when you first walk in and have to squeeze into the elevator room. I guess because I love spooky things so much that it doesn't bother me. :confused3

My vote is for Nemo, long, long, long, wait for a very boring ride. I don't get why so many people would wait so long for that ride :confused3

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm not all that fond of Soarin, it seems a little flat, if you know what i mean. :rolleyes1

My vote is for Nemo, long, long, long, wait for a very boring ride. I don't get why so many people would wait so long for that ride :confused3

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm not all that fond of Soarin, it seems a little flat, if you know what i mean. :rolleyes1

I agree with you on Soarin' the first time I was blown away, every other time it has just been 'eh' the last time I was on it there was a smudge right in the middle of the projector screen and it made me so angry that I couldn't enjoy the ride!

I agree with you on Soarin' the first time I was blown away, every other time it has just been 'eh' the last time I was on it there was a smudge right in the middle of the projector screen and it made me so angry that I couldn't enjoy the ride!

Okay, TOTALLY off topic, but O-M-G, don't you just hate that!?!?!? When we saw Toy Story 3 there was this little tiny tear in the screen down in the bottom right third of the GIANT theatre screen. Once I noticed it, it was the only thing I could see the entire film. It was the only area I could look at. It seemed to be right where everything that mattered was located. It probably wasn't, but once you see it - it's all over, right?

I love Soarin' Over CA, but, yeah, a smudge on the screen would drive me bonkers.

Sympathizing with you,
Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter