If you had a magic genie give you one free room...

Which would you choose?

• Contemporary, Lake view room or garden view

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Polynesian, Pool or Marina view

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • Boardwalk, Garden view

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Grand Floridian, Lagoon or Garden view

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • Yacht Club, Garden or Woods view

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • Wilderness Lodge, nature view

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Beach Club, Garden or Woods view

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Animal Kingdom, pool view

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
So.... what was your decision?!? Inquiring minds want to know. :P
Sorry, my dad was having surgery this week, so I have been off on my own planet. Stage 4 bladder cancer, but it seems like it is on the lower end of 4 and they believe it is fully treatable. So now I need to distract myself again lol Who knew planning Disney vacations was so relaxing and a great escape from thinking about cancer? :(

Originally we were debating between the Contemporary and the Yacht club. We’ve stayed at the Contemporary and had a fabulous time. My only complaint was the sinks. I really love modern/contemporary design, but that sink does not drain spit very well. Lol

The best part of the Contemporary imo is the location. I think the monorail resorts are high up on the list for votes because they are in such a great location. I posed the question like I did because I wanted to see if people would go to Epcot resorts or Monorail resorts. The monorail resorts clearly won the poll, but really the only one I have an interest in staying in, is the Contemporary. The GF and the Poly don’t do it for me. The WL is PNW theme and I actually live in the PNW so that is out lol

I really love the look of the Yacht club over the other Epcot resorts and the bathrooms are the kind we like (with the toilet in a separate area away from the sink, and an additional slider door for the vanity area).

BUT….I read that the parking can be kind of iffy at the Yacht Club (we keep a rental car so we can skip the bus). The boats can take up to 50 minutes from HS, and the walk, while many say they enjoy the walk could add an extra 80 minutes of walking to our HS day. (we take mid-day breaks and go back in the late afternoon) I’ve never been on any Disney trip that was light walking, so adding that much extra walking just seems unnecessary.

So I think we are going to stick with the Contemporary. It's not as exciting as checking out a new resort but I think it's the one that suits us the best. As a second choice, weirdly based on comments, I have opened myself up to the Animal Kingdom Lodge also. Its much higher up on my list than I ever imagined it would be. I am warming up to this resort a lot. Its far out but with a car, we could possibly drive to every park every time. That might not be so bad. (the parking looks amazing lol)

I couldn't pick just one because I want to stay at almost all lol. So here's my pick:

- GF and YC for an adult's only trip
- Poly, YC, and WL with the kids, especially in the summer
- GF and WL for Christmas decor
- AKL if my kids were picking
- CR if we were mostly just doing MK and didn't care about relaxing resort time
- GF, YC, WL, and Poly if this Genie is real and we got to pick based on favorite resorts
- BC, CR, BW, and AKL if this Genie is real and the others are full

Sorry, my dad was having surgery this week, so I have been off on my own planet. Stage 4 bladder cancer, but it seems like it is on the lower end of 4 and they believe it is fully treatable. So now I need to distract myself again lol Who knew planning Disney vacations was so relaxing and a great escape from thinking about cancer? :(

So sorry to hear about your dad! Wishing him continued healing throughout his treatment. :hug:

We usually stay at the Contemporary or the Boardwalk and love them both for the location and transportation options, but we just booked AKL for an upcoming trip. I am super excited about AKL for the restaurants, the atmosphere, and the animal viewing.

A tip for the boats in EPCOT area: Use the Swan/Dolphin boat dock to get to and from HS. It's a very short walk from either Yatch Club or Boardwalk and cuts 15-20 minutes off the boat ride.

So sorry to hear about your dad! Wishing him continued healing throughout his treatment. :hug:

We usually stay at the Contemporary or the Boardwalk and love them both for the location and transportation options, but we just booked AKL for an upcoming trip. I am super excited about AKL for the restaurants, the atmosphere, and the animal viewing.

A tip for the boats in EPCOT area: Use the Swan/Dolphin boat dock to get to and from HS. It's a very short walk from either Yatch Club or Boardwalk and cuts 15-20 minutes off the boat ride.
Thanks! I appreciate the well wishes and the super pro tip! I hope you have an amazing trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter