If you could only watch one fireworks show...

Wishes always gets me the first time I watch it during a trip. :sad: For special party fireworks, I absolutely love Hallowishes!

With younger kids we only really stayed out late one night for one night time show and it's always Fantasmic! It's our favorite.

We did enjoy the FP+ days of MSEP and Wishes but without FP+ it's not worth the crowds for us at MK. We did enjoy the holiday parade on 11/27 but boy my kids could barely get themselves out of the park that evening.

** Guess the fireworks are not a must for us **

Seems like wishes is the top for most so far. We are going with my son who is 7 and my daughter who will be 19months. I figured that we will have to pick one night to stay out for late. I don't think my daughter will make it multiple nights staying up late for fireworks. I have taken my son once before, only went for the day to MK and we saw wishes and was in awe. So, I have been debating seeing a different show (the last time I saw a night show other than MK was in the 90s), or sticking with MK. I wish we could hang out and watch all of them!

Seems like wishes is the top for most so far. We are going with my son who is 7 and my daughter who will be 19months. I figured that we will have to pick one night to stay out for late. I don't think my daughter will make it multiple nights staying up late for fireworks. I have taken my son once before, only went for the day to MK and we saw wishes and was in awe. So, I have been debating seeing a different show (the last time I saw a night show other than MK was in the 90s), or sticking with MK. I wish we could hang out and watch all of them!

Will she sleep in the stroller? When my kids were that age they just passed out in the stroller. They had no problem sleeping around noise.

I just saw the Holiday Wishes during the MVMCP on Thursday, December 1, and that was by far, the most spectacular fireworks display I have ever seen. Not sure if the party fireworks are counting in this question, but if I could only see one fireworks display ever again, this would be the one!

Quick question, when do they do the Star Wars fire works at HS? And where? I haven't been since May 2015 but we are going in January and I would love to see this show if it's going on. I was under the assumption that Fantasmic was still the regular night time show here and it's not my favourite.

They still do Fantasmic also. The Star Wars fireworks will be on the schedule and will probably be every night.

I can't go without watching Wishes at MK....of course, I got engaged during Wishes at MK, so it's sentimental for me. But I still love it and it's one of my absolute favorite things about Disney World!

Fantasmic is my favorite park closing show as:
  1. It is a combination of water screens, boats and fireworks
  2. You are seated in an outdoor theater (after a long day of walking and standing)
  3. You can purchase refreshments

If you've never seen Wishes, Wishes.
If you're there in December though - Illuminations with the holiday ending is spectacular and just edges out Wishes for me.
If you've got a family of Star Wars fans though - the Star Wars fireworks might take the edge over both.

I prefer Illuminations. The giant flames and feeling the heat from them really adds to it for me.

If you have never been or seen - Magic Kingdom Wishes. Get a spot early front and center. It is at the core Disney.
I think that I have to agree, if it is your first time Wishes at MK is a must. But I love Illuminations !!!

Fantasmic, if that counts. It is a nighttime show. I think Fantasmic is the most Disney heavy show. I know it is not a lot of people's favorites but I love it. I know I'm almost alone in this, but Wishes was just never my favorite.

I do like Illuminations a lot, but nothing says Disney to me like Fantastmic.

Will she sleep in the stroller? When my kids were that age they just passed out in the stroller. They had no problem sleeping around noise.
I don't know if she will. It is a slim possibility, but she is a sensitive sleeper. We are defiantly flexible, if she does sleep well, we might give more than one a try. But I like to have a loose plan of what we are doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter