If you could make one change/swap at EPCOT....

jsrj21

Frathouse
My son and I were speaking about this the other day and I thought I'd ask the masses. If you could swap out one of the countries in World Showcase, which one would it be AND what country would you replace it with?

If you could include your rationale, that would be nice to read too.

Thank you!

I would take out Canada and replace it with Israel. I know I will get flack for that and please understand that I have absolutely nothing against Canada. It's just that the pavilion is rather dull I don't feel it does much as far as teaching us about a new country and culture. They took out Off Kilter, which was a mistake, and can't seem to find anything good to really replace it with. The shop is tiny. Le Cellier has really lost a lot of its appeal to me, but if we must keep it, there is very little there that wouldn't be just fine getting moved over to American Adventure and a table service restaurant there.

Israel would be a good addition, I think. We really don't have any other pavilion like it. It would be a great addition for Holidays Around the World and I'd love to see what they came up with for Flower and Garden Festival and Food and Wine Festival.

I would say replace Canada with Scotland. It would stay more in the same theme as the area, being next to United Kingdom, so cost efficient. There could be Scottish music & dancing. Who doesn't love the bagpipes & men in skirts? I might even find out what they wear underneath them. ;) kidding, all PG only. Maybe even a mini Edinburgh Castle (like the mini Church in Norway).

OR.....this isn't a country, but wouldn't it fun to have a pavilion dedicated to Native Americans. It could have a little bit from the different tribes, a kiosk with some of their food, & of course some music.

I'd say take out the African outpost (Africa in AK already covers that country) and replace it with something like Australia or India, two major countries (one is a continent!) that aren't represented.

I would swap the American Adventure over to the front of World Showcase, where it was originally designed to be, with Mexico to the south and Canada to the north and then where American Adventure used to be put Greece, have an attraction about the Gods, maybe an Acropolis maze :)

Take out American Adventure. Replace it with any other unrepresentative Country.

Actually, I like it all but it seems a little odd to me to have America represented there when the parks are already so influenced by America due to being in America. Just my $0.02

replace Canada with Scotland

You know.....nothing against Canada of course but when I go to EPCOT, I never find myself craving to go to that area....maybe it's the lack of food options [quick service] etc but it just has never appealed to me. My son brought up Sweden and the food possibilities.....as you can see, we are foodies so our decisions tend to swirl around history and the food. I even brought up Thailand....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter