If you book through TA and not disney, can you link it to MDE and add DP and Tix?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
Dont know if this is the right board for this...but really am wonderfing if you can add it to MDC, add DDP, tickets, and use the magical express?

Thanks everyone!

From my understanding. If you just have tickets that you want to add to MDE. No problem.

Not sure about the DP. I know in the past the DP was only available on a pkg booking so you would need to have tickets and room booked with Disney. This would then have to be done via the same person. In this case your TA. Or, you could cancel and book it all yourself.

Even though dining can now be purchased separately, w/o tickets, I think you still need a resort reservation and it's a pkg. This option was really created for AP holders so I'm not sure if it is actually limited to them.

Hth

My main question is if I booked through a ta room only (for a disney resort) could I link it to MDE? Then wondering if I could purchase tex and ddp to add to that and use DME

You can book a room through a TA and add it to MDE. You just input your reservation number in your account on the web site. I'm not sure about adding the dining plan yourself because I believe it's done through a package that your TA may need to do.

I did my Magical Express reservations through my TA, but did online check-in, ADRs, and FPs on the web site myself.

My main question is if I booked through a ta room only (for a disney resort) could I link it to MDE? Then wondering if I could purchase tex and ddp to add to that and use DME

Yes you can link your reservation as soon as the TA gives you your confirmation number. You can also make your own dining reservations and FP's. Your TA can make the DME reservation for you and as a room only you can purchase tix from any source you'd like. As far as adding the dining plan, it all depends on what type of room only reservation you booked. As an example: Yesterday, we booked a great discounted room only reservation thru a TA for August of next year and while you can add tix, you can't add the dining plan. HTH

Dont know if this is the right board for this...but really am wonderfing if you can add it to MDC, add DDP, tickets, and use the magical express?

Thanks everyone!

A distinction needs to be made between a full-service TA versus Online Travel Agencies ("OTAs" - Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity etc.). A full-service TA can do anything Disney can do, and your reservation is exactly equivalent to a Disney reservation (it is, really, a Disney reservation, because the TA makes it through Disney's own system). On the other hand, OTAs have some limitations, mostly in that they can't book the dining plan packages at all. The distinction is with the TA themselves, not whether you're booking online. There are many full-service TAs that have an online interface but are not considered OTAs. Look for the "Authorized Disney Vacation Planner" logo, which is the sign of a full-service TA.

If you book through a full-service TA, you can add anything you want, including adding DDP later, or adding tickets, or changing to/from room-only or package, but you need to ask the TA to do it. Part of the deal is that the TA is providing your pre-trip customer service (which Disney is paying them to do), so they are your point of contact for the trip, basically until you arrive.

- MDE - you can link any reservation made anywhere to MDE, including ones made using full-service TAs and OTAs.

- FastPass - if you have tickets, purchased anywhere, you can make advance FP selections. If you also have a linked reservation at a Disney hotel, purchased anywhere, you can make FP selections 60 days before arrival (instead of 30 days for everyone else).

- Dining Reservations - you can make dining reservations any time whether you have tickets or hotel reservations. If you have a linked reservation at a Disney hotel, you can make reservations for your entire trip starting 180 days before the arrival date for the reservation (versus 180 days before the day you're reserving). So Disney hotel guests get a small jump on everyone else.

- DDP - you can only get the dining plan with a Disney Magic Your Way Package, which can only be purchased through a full-service TA (or Disney). You can't get it through an OTA, and you can't add it to a booking made through an OTA.

- Tickets - you can buy your tickets anywhere you like and they will work fine in MDE and so forth. A Disney Vacation Package will typically include tickets as well (but it doesn't have to, starting this year). There is no particular ancillary advantage or disadvantage to buying the tickets direct or with your package other than the obvious things like price and convenience.

- Magical Express - anyone staying at a Disney-owned hotel is eligible for Magical Express no matter how they booked the room. It is not part of a package, it is tied to a room stay.

Hope that helps!

Don

No matter who books it, you cannot add a dining plan to a room only reservation. That reservation would have to be changed to a package. That would mean cancellation of the room only and you'd pay a new deposit for a package.

You can get a package with dining if you book it yourself through Disney, or if you have a travel agent book it through Disney on your behalf. You can't get it if you book through a third party broker/reseller like Orbitz or Travelocity. They sell room-only reservations, not packages.

We booked a room only through Disney last year and then wanted to add on dining. Even through Disney we had to cancel our reservation to change it to a package with Dining. It was a pain and we had a few issues with MDE but they fixed them after a phone call.

No matter who books it, you cannot add a dining plan to a room only reservation. That reservation would have to be changed to a package. That would mean cancellation of the room only and you'd pay a new deposit for a package.

You can get a package with dining if you book it yourself through Disney, or if you have a travel agent book it through Disney on your behalf. You can't get it if you book through a third party broker/reseller like Orbitz or Travelocity. They sell room-only reservations, not packages.

There are times they offer the ticket-less discount. It's not publicly advertised so always inquire about it. I was able to change a split stay package to the tickets for seven days onto one resort reservation and receive a 30% RO discount and keep my Deluxe DP for the other resort reservation. My refund was $1500 for this past August. The CM told me they don't announce to GP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter