If we're in World Showcase before park opening, where will we enter Future World?

littlbugmom

DIS Veteran
We have an hour photo shoot booked in World Showcase at 7:40am. Future World opens at 9:00am.

We'd like to start the park at Test Track. Where will they allow us to enter FW?

We have an hour photo shoot booked in World Showcase at 7:40am. Future World opens at 9:00am.

We'd like to start the park at Test Track. Where will they allow us to enter FW?

Front gates.

If you are staying at an Epcot Area Resort,
you can enter at the International Gateway (between UK and France.)

Epcot-FWWS_031217_zpshcbtwpve.jpg

If the photo shoot is over by 8:45am, they'll make us leave the park and drive around to the front entrance of Epcot? That seems so extreme. :(

I thought they'd allow us to stay in WS until FS opens and was wondering which way they'd let us enter (Canada side or Mexico side?)

We are not staying at an Epcot area resort but will park there around 7:00am for our 7:40 photo shoot. They said to park at the resorts and then meet the photographer at the International entrance by 7:30am. I thought they'd let us stay parked there as we spend the rest of the day at Epcot. We'll miss rope drop if they make us move our car and enter again.

1.If the photo shoot is over by 8:45am, they'll make us leave the park and drive around to the front entrance of Epcot? That seems so extreme. :(

2. I thought they'd allow us to stay in WS until FS opens and was wondering which way they'd let us enter (Canada side or Mexico side?)

We are not staying at an Epcot area resort but will park there around 7:00am for our 7:40 photo shoot.
3. They said to park at the resorts and then meet the photographer at the International entrance by 7:30am.
4. I thought they'd let us stay parked there as we spend the rest of the day at Epcot.
5. We'll miss rope drop if they make us move our car and enter again.

1. If you have (and have scanned-in) a valid Epcot ticket that morning, they will likely let you stay in the park.
2. Akershus restaurant in Norway (which is farther into WS than Mexico) will be open at 8:00 with guests
filing in and out via FW, well before FW opens.
For all I know, (you didn't provide the date) Epcot may even have AM EMH that morning, which would mean hundreds of guests starting at 8AM would already riding FW attractions and also Frozen in Norway
3. That answers that. (These kind of details are very important when asking for help on the boards.)
4. Shouldn't be a problem, but you can always VALET park at Yacht/BeachClub and your car will be fine all day.
5. Yup.

If the photo shoot is over by 8:45am, they'll make us leave the park and drive around to the front entrance of Epcot? That seems so extreme. :(

I thought they'd allow us to stay in WS until FS opens and was wondering which way they'd let us enter (Canada side or Mexico side?)

We are not staying at an Epcot area resort but will park there around 7:00am for our 7:40 photo shoot. They said to park at the resorts and then meet the photographer at the International entrance by 7:30am. I thought they'd let us stay parked there as we spend the rest of the day at Epcot. We'll miss rope drop if they make us move our car and enter again.

Who are "they"? How will you get permission to enter a resort parking lot if you are not staying/doing anything at that resort?

It depends on whether the turnstiles have been enabled and you are able to tap in your tickets when you enter. If not, you will have to exit the park at the end of the photo shoot.
Parking at the resorts is not for all day theme park access unless you valet park.

Last edited:
I would valet park if I were you. Self parking is in short supply at the Epcot resorts and it's pretty likely that you'll be given a 3-hour parking pass. Valet parking will guarantee that you won't have to move your car

Who are "they"? How will you get permission to enter a resort parking lot if you are not staying/doing anything at that resort?

The poster clearly states that they will be there for a photo shoot. So, "they" would be the Disney Photographers team that coordinates in park photo shoots...

Self parking is in short supply at the Epcot resorts and it's pretty likely that you'll be given a 3-hour parking pass.
I haven't heard of people being given a parking pass in several years. Did they re-start that?

Issuance of three hour parking passes (could be "virtual" in the form of oral words to you by the guard plus a notation in the guards' book) or other parking restrictions varies from day to day or even be changed during a day depending on expected crowding.

Last edited:
The poster clearly states that they will be there for a photo shoot. So, "they" would be the Disney Photographers team that coordinates in park photo shoots...

Why couldn't it be someone else doing the photo shoot? Does Disney have some way of expelling other photographers out of the parks?

Why couldn't it be someone else doing the photo shoot? Does Disney have some way of expelling other photographers out of the parks?
Absolutely. They limit what pro photogs they authorize. CLICK.

Plus... they have complete control of who enters their parks well before the park opens.

Last edited:

Because it's booked before the park opens. Disney isn't going to let a non-Disney photographer in before the park opens..

Update:

I spoke to a CM at the Fine Art Photography number. She said we would need to scan our tickets when we enter WS before the photo shoot and that we would be allowed to enter FW when it opens, via WS.

When I asked about parking at the resort, she said something like, "Oh yes, I think that would be ok".

Think?

I felt that was a little ambiguous and politely told her as much. She said she understood and that I didn't need to worry....they will let us keep our car parked at the resort for as long as we're in the park.

Still, if we get a surprise the morning of, we'll just valet.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter