If standby waits are short

minoh

Somewhere over the rainbow
Say you've booked FP+s but the standby time is short and you decide to just go on a ride because you're already there and don't want to wait for your FP+ time. In that case, can you just cancel that FP+ booking easily and book another for later in the day for another ride?

I'm guessing the answer is yes but this is our first WDW trip and I'm not quite sure of the ins and outs of these things.

Ok, thanks! I figured we could do that. It obviously doesn't make sense to wait for FP times if that's going to just waste time in the long run.

Rather than Cancel; you can go in and Modify the specific FP you want to change. You'll see all the rides that still have FP availability.

This!!! We did it a few times last week, and it was great! We were lucky to snag Jungle Cruise for almost the same time frame and the posted wait time for that was 50 minutes.

Careful with the tiers at Epcot and HS though. You only get 1 Tier 1 FP to start...and can't book a second T1 until you've used your 1st 3 FPs. So if you cancel a T2 FP, you're only able to book another T2 before you're able to book another T1. I Almost screwed myself over at HS yesterday over that.

Careful with the tiers at Epcot and HS though. You only get 1 Tier 1 FP to start...and can't book a second T1 until you've used your 1st 3 FPs. So if you cancel a T2 FP, you're only able to book another T2 before you're able to book another T1. I Almost screwed myself over at HS yesterday over that.
Canceling is not same as allowing a booked FP to Expire.

When you Cancel, the FP slot reopens and you can then only book the same Tier in a Tiered park.

An Expired FP is considered used and the next FP booked will be the 4th FP of the day which can be a Tier 1 or Tier 2.

Canceling is not same as allowing a booked FP to Expire.

When you Cancel, the FP slot reopens and you can then only book the same Tier in a Tiered park.

An Expired FP is considered used and the next FP booked will be the 4th FP of the day which can be a Tier 1 or Tier 2.

Hmm...I'm not sure how i got messed up yesterday then. Our issue is that we were doing rider swap for a couple rides. once I didn't scan my band..another time my wife didn't scan hers. But when I went to book TSM late in the day I wasn't able to because we had unused FPs. Day was a blur though...I suppose it's possible I cancelled the earlier FPs not realizing it was better to let them just expire. Good to know for the future though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter