If PCC 4.0 books up, will I be able to upgrade my cabin?

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
Still thinking about changing to a cat 4A to get the Murphy bed. But if the quota for the cruise is hit, will I still be able to upgrade since there is group space involved?

TIA

Kim

Hmmm, inquiring minds want to know. For us, it's finances. If finances improve, might want an upgrade. Or go back to 2 cabins instead of 1.

If we stop accepting new bookings into PCC 4.0 (or PCC 3.0) because of capacity with our events you can still change stateroom categories IF the new category stateroon you want is available from DCL.

Now - here's where it gets tricky - if you booked your stateroom through the group space we held and we are sold out of our group space, or our groups space is closed, at the time you want to make the change you will be paying the current price for the new stateroom you want - not the reduced group space rate.

If we still have group space, and more importantly we have more of that particular stateroom category in our group space it would be at the group space rate.

One more piece of the puzzle - even within the group the pricing can change. For example we just added some more staterooms to our group space and the price has already gone up from when we first held them.

So....if you think you might want to change stateroom categories, and your booked in our group space, my advise is do it sooner than later and especially do not wait until we close PCC 4.0 - by that time our group space will also be closed.

If you are unsure if you are booked in the group - or have questions about changing to another stateroom please email Tracey at TraceyH@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks for the info John. I will consider all you said.

Kim

If I booked while onboard and want to change, will I get the group rate or the better onboard rate?

Thanks for explaining that John! I was wondering that with my wife and I celebrating our anniversary on the boat about upgrading. I think we will just be happy with our room and enjoy the boat. :thumbsup2

If I booked while onboard and want to change, will I get the group rate or the better onboard rate?

It will depend on what the current price of the cruise is when you rebook onboard.

We have locked in pricing with our group space but when we are adding more the price is going up so that means the price for this increas is increasing.

You may find the current price with the onboard booking may be less than what we have in our group - and you may not.

You will not be able to apply your onboard booking perks (discount and/or SBC) to a reservation in our group. DCL simply does not allow this.

You will not be able to apply your onboard booking perks (discount and/or SBC) to a reservation in our group. DCL simply does not allow this.

Confused... :confused3
I booked a dummy date while onboard PCC 2.0.
When I transferred the dummy date to PCC 4.0 I got 10% discount and ship board credit. Didn't I?

Confused... :confused3
I booked a dummy date while onboard PCC 2.0.
When I transferred the dummy date to PCC 4.0 I got 10% discount and ship board credit. Didn't I?

Yes you did! However you are not booked through our group space. This doesn't mean you are not part of the group, it only has to do with the way we have to book (or transfer) the reservation.

Confusing? Absolutely! DCL sets the rules and we are left to follow (often while scratching our heads!)

Yes you did! However you are not booked through our group space. This doesn't mean you are not part of the group, it only has to do with the way we have to book (or transfer) the reservation.

Confusing? Absolutely! DCL sets the rules and we are left to follow (often while scratching our heads!)

Oh, yeah! That is confusing!
I am in the group, but not in group space.
That actually appeals to me. I am not always "part of the group", any way. :rolleyes1

Oh, yeah! That is confusing!
I am in the group, but not in group space.
That actually appeals to me. I am not always "part of the group", any way. :rolleyes1

I think that is the way it is for me too....it was less expensive for me to use the credit I got when I re-booked on the Wonder. Either way, I'm part of the Pod Cast events...can't wait to see what they have in store for us this time !!

After reading some of the great reviews of the inside staterooms, I'm considering downgrading to a deluxe inside stateroom. I loved my large window on the Wonder, though, so I'm going to think about it long and hard before I make a final decision.

After reading some of the great reviews of the inside staterooms, I'm considering downgrading to a deluxe inside stateroom. I loved my large window on the Wonder, though, so I'm going to think about it long and hard before I make a final decision.

Right now, the regular prices of the 11C and the 9B are the same, and the cat. 10 costs MORE than an OV cat. 9!

Right now, the regular prices of the 11C and the 9B are the same, and the cat. 10 costs MORE than an OV cat. 9!

Really? When I checked the DCL site, the Cat 10 was less than I'm paying for my 9B through Dreams. I'll have to do some more research.

Really? When I checked the DCL site, the Cat 10 was less than I'm paying for my 9B through Dreams. I'll have to do some more research.

I checked prices a few minutes ago on DCL's site. I didn't check the group space prices just now, although from what I recall, cat. 10 was sold out at group pricing.

**Checking DCL's prices again, both the 9B ($1099 pp + tax) and the 9A ($1141 pp + tax) are less than the 10A ($1232 pp + tax). There are no cat. 10s available at group pricing.
https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/podcast-cruise-pricing-4.cfm

I checked prices a few minutes ago on DCL's site. I didn't check the group space prices just now, although from what I recall, cat. 10 was sold out at group pricing.

**Checking DCL's prices again, both the 9B ($1099 pp + tax) and the 9A ($1141 pp + tax) are less than the 10A ($1232 pp + tax). There are no cat. 10s available at group pricing.
https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/podcast-cruise-pricing-4.cfm

I just went back and checked, too, and the price has changed drastically since I first checked it. I guess I'll stick with my Cat 9B. I'm a solo traveler, so it's more expensive for me. Maybe they'll downgrade me at the port and give me an OBC for the difference. ;)

The price on this cruise is going up fast. As we sell out of our group space we add more staterooms and each time we do the price jumps. DCL is only allow us to add a limited number each time or I would hold a lot more and try to lock in the price - but it's just not happening.

We are also seeing stateroom categories sell out.

This might be a very full ship when we cruise!!!

I just went back and checked, too, and the price has changed drastically since I first checked it. I guess I'll stick with my Cat 9B. I'm a solo traveler, so it's more expensive for me. Maybe they'll downgrade me at the port and give me an OBC for the difference. ;)

You'll need a LOT of pixie dust for that dream to come true! :rotfl2:

The virtual porthole is cute, but I'd rather have a REAL window and a larger cabin.

... just make sure you know which inside categories have SINGLE BATH, versus the split bath. Having had the split bath for so many times, I would have a hard time reverting back to a single bath ... especially if there were more than two in a stateroom.

Steven

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter