If more ADRs than allotted in meal plan....

Hezzy04

DIS Veteran
I am hoping to get lucky and find a CInderella's Royal Table ADR for my end of April rip. I know this is 2 ts credit she per person. If 8 ts credits per person, but we have 10 ts meals planned, will crt automatically charge me for the meal, instead of using the 2 credits? Or will it still give me the option of using 2 of my ts credits?

Completely separately....

I feel so confused about CRT. With the meal plan they don't charge you like they normally would, right? They just use the credit card as a hold? Or am I wrong and they do charge the full amount, then refund it once you show up and ask to use the dining plan...?

I apparently need an explanation for dummies on booking and paying for CRT with DDP...

I am hoping to get lucky and find a CInderella's Royal Table ADR for my end of April rip. I know this is 2 ts credit she per person. If 8 ts credits per person, but we have 10 ts meals planned, will crt automatically charge me for the meal, instead of using the 2 credits? Or will it still give me the option of using 2 of my ts credits?
They will just take credits from your account until there are no credits left and you will have to pay for the remainder of the meals once they are gone. Instead, you should estimate the costs of all your meals choose which meal(s) to pay out of pocket for in advance. That will ensure that you get the most "bang for your buck" when it comes to using the DDP.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your second question.

I probably didn't ak that well...sorry :( I meant (forgive me...this is confusing to ask)....since CRT I said paid in full right away upon booking...will they make me pay even if I plan to use the dining plan? I guess that's my main question...

I probably didn't ak that well...sorry :( I meant (forgive me...this is confusing to ask)....since CRT I said paid in full right away upon booking...will they make me pay even if I plan to use the dining plan? I guess that's my main question...
Ah, well that's the one I don't know! I assume that your credit card would be refunded if you used your TS credits.

They don't "take" the credit when you book. They credits are redeemed when you dine. You'll be able to reserve CRT with the dining plan, and you'll have the option of using the dining plan or paying out of pocket when you dine.

They don't "take" the credit when you book. They credits are redeemed when you dine. You'll be able to reserve CRT with the dining plan, and you'll have the option of using the dining plan or paying out of pocket when you dine.

Thanks! You were exactly right...I just found an ADR and was able to reserve it with dining plan! That's what I wasn't hoping for since I didn't want it on my credit card!

FWIW, we were in this situation on our first trip, and we chose to pay OOP for CRT because that meal wasn't twice as much as our other table service meals.

Yes, as you found out, they will not charge you in advance for CRT (and dinner shows) if on the plan. Just, a credit card for a hold.

You will be asked early on at each restaurant if you would like to use the dining plan. You should decide in advance which 2 meals (or just CRT) you would like to pay OOP, based upon which you think would be least expensive. Does not have to be the last 2 meals. At your designated OOP meals, just tell the server you will NOT be using the dining plan. You can still charge it to your room with magic band, or use credit card, or cash. This applies to CRT also.

The big thing to remember is that CRT (or any other "admission" meal) requires all present to pay, with cash/credit/DDP/whatever. If you choose to split other TS meals, you may wind up saving enough credits to not have to pay for anything OOP when all's said and done. Gives you a bit more flexibility, and the nice thing about CRT is that booking with DDP defers the OOP/DDP decision until the last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter