• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If I stay at Hilton in DTD, do we get Magic Bands?

pomcoach

Mouseketeer
My hubby & I are only staying 2 days, and then heading down to see my daughter in Southern Florida. I'm a Kindergarten teacher, so can only go at busy times, like spring break.
I saw a good deal on Priceline Express Deal 4* Downtown Disney, which seems to be the Hilton? If we book the Hilton, does that hotel give you the Magic Bands and would we get the Early Morning Extra hours or whatever? :confused3 Sorry, I'm not too well versed in staying on property.
We have stayed off property for over 15 yrs. We haven't visited since they have put the magic bands into effect, so I don't understand them very well either. If anyone knows of a link to help me learn about Magic Bands, that would be very useful.
Thanks for any help! You Disney buffs are great! :worship:

No you will not. You will need to use one of the kiosks when you arrive in the parks to set up your FP+ times.

Thank you Melissa for your very fast answer!! So do I HAVE to stay on a Disney Property Resort to get the bands and the Magic extra hours? What about the Swan or Dolphin? Are there ANY other hotels that give the bands or Extra Magic hours?? We hate to pay the extra money for the Disney property. But we are going during Spring Break and fear there will be no regular Fast passes. Can anyone advise?
Thanks so very much! :cool1:

pomcoach said:
Thank you Melissa for your very fast answer!! So do I HAVE to stay on a Disney Property Resort to get the bands and the Magic extra hours? What about the Swan or Dolphin? Are there ANY other hotels that give the bands or Extra Magic hours?? We hate to pay the extra money for the Disney property. But we are going during Spring Break and fear there will be no regular Fast passes. Can anyone advise?
Thanks so very much! :cool1:

As of now, no non Disney resorts are getting Magic Bands.

Swan and Dolphin do get EMH.

There are no more paper fast passes any longer.

Thank you Dansdad for your reply. So I want to understand totally. Are you saying that a person who stays off property doesn't get any fast pass of any kind anymore? Are the Fast Pass machines where you slide your ticket into, they aren't there anymore or the machines aren't working anymore? Do you mean that only people who stay on property and have the Magic Bands, have access to a fast pass? Sorry to be redundant. (Must be the teacher in me.) :teacher:

Thank you Dansdad for your reply. So I want to understand totally. Are you saying that a person who stays off property doesn't get any fast pass of any kind anymore? Are the Fast Pass machines where you slide your ticket into, they aren't there anymore or the machines aren't working anymore? Do you mean that only people who stay on property and have the Magic Bands, have access to a fast pass? Sorry to be redundant. (Must be the teacher in me.) :teacher:

There are no longer fast pass machines in any park. On site guests can make FP+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Off site guests can make day of FP+ reservations in the park at one of several kiosks that are set up in various places around the park. Both types of guests are limited to 3 FP+ per day in one park only. HTH!

Non Disney resort guest still get to have a fast pass they don't get to have them booked 60 days out. As a non Disney resort guest you will have to go to one of the fastpass + locations and make your fastpass selections at that point. So you still get them just not 60days out.

(Our tickets are Park Hopper plus with no expiration.) So if we bought our tickets 3 yrs. ago from Under Cover Tourist, and have 8 days still left, will we be able to use those tickets to do Fast Pass either way? On site or off site?
If we decide to stay on property, would we be able to go on-line somewhere and choose our 3 Fast passes?

pomcoach said:
If we decide to stay on property, would we be able to go on-line somewhere and choose our 3 Fast passes?

Yes, up to 60 days prior to your arrival.

Didn't the Hilton in DTD used to get EMHs? Think they did, and maybe still do.

Check Orbitz. They were having a great deal on Disney rooms and then you got an extra 20% Off I think. It made the values and CBR very reasonable I thought.

Better book that Disney resort more than 10 days out to get colored wristbands. We booked on a Monday for a sat arrival and thought our wristbands would be colored and customized with the character we chose on my dis experience. Nope, we got the gray bands. I'm gonna paint them when we get home. How hard is it to give us colored wristbands?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The only customization done to the bands is a color choice and your name printed on the inside. The characters you chose on MDE are just to identify you on the website. They do not appear on the bands at all.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter