If anyone is planning on tackling The Kitchen Sink...

phillymummer

DIS Veteran
I'd like to suggest that you ask for only half a can of whipped cream!!

DISers,

My Mom, Dad, DD11, and I attempted the Kitchen Sink on our last trip. It would have been fabulous if the whipped cream had not "melted" and blended into everything. We couldn't tell which ice cream flavor was which and by the end, all I could taste was whipped cream. It was nauseating!

When the manager came over to congratulate on on our achievement (despite the whipped cream, we did finish most of it) and asked us how we liked it, I told her it was too much whipped cream. She said next time ask for half a can. Next time?! No, no... at $29, there will not be a next time! :rotfl2:

This is just a suggestion. Others might disagree with me, but I really think an ENTIRE can is overkill and ruined the dessert.

~PM

LOL! a whole can does seem a bit of an overload!

We have ordered these types of Kitchen Sink sundaes at a couple places though never at Disney. It seems regardless of the restaurant, all the flavors end up quite muddled by the end. But it sure is fun to try to eat it all and the kids love to talk about it afterwards.

I had no issue with the whipped cream, but the melding of the ice cream was another story, mainly due to my not being a big fan of certain flavors like coffee or mint. So I might ask for only certain flavors of ice cream should we ever try one again.

I'd like to suggest that you ask for only half a can of whipped cream!!

DISers,

My Mom, Dad, DD11, and I attempted the Kitchen Sink on our last trip. It would have been fabulous if the whipped cream had not "melted" and blended into everything. We couldn't tell which ice cream flavor was which and by the end, all I could taste was whipped cream. It was nauseating!

When the manager came over to congratulate on on our achievement (despite the whipped cream, we did finish most of it) and asked us how we liked it, I told her it was too much whipped cream. She said next time ask for half a can. Next time?! No, no... at $29, there will not be a next time! :rotfl2:

This is just a suggestion. Others might disagree with me, but I really think an ENTIRE can is overkill and ruined the dessert.

~PM
I totally agree with you. I found a whole can to be way too much. Plus I didnt like how everything melted together so quickly...we didnt finish simply because it was a big melted mess. Are you suppose to drink it? Kinda turned me off. And I love icecream! :(

Never had one but I think getting the whipped cream and maybe some of the other toppings on the side would be a good idea. From what I've read here over the years I think you also want at least 5 people who are really hungry for ice cream.

The ice cream melts and it turns into a mess without any whipped cream.
Now you know for next time to get what you want, like a No Way Jose, and split it per 2-4 people. Then if you still want more, try something else or customize your own.
Now you have tried it, though.
As a pp said, similar "glutton sundaes" are available in many places.

Our family finished it last time but then we are a family of give with teens at that time! It was a memory that we still tell people about

I enjoyed all the whipped cream at first. Then.... it took over everything! I still can't eat whipped cream!

We do have good memories of that experience. And pics!

I read that over at the orlando eye complex a restaurant called the sugar factory has an ice cream bowl for $99. they use at least 2 cans of whipped cream. reviews say it is the whipped cream that makes it nasty as it melts too.

Last edited:
I read that over at the orlando eye complex a restaurant call the sugar shack has an ice cream bowl for $99. they use at least 2 cans of whipped cream. reviews say it is the whipped cream that makes it nasty as it melts too.

Omg! Lol. I wonder how many folks are then sick on the eye... I mean that is asking for trouble!

I enjoyed all the whipped cream at first. Then.... it took over everything! I still can't eat whipped cream!

We do have good memories of that experience. And pics!
I think I ate through a lot of the whipped cream before it had a time to melt in to the ice cream itself. I do that anytime I get drinks with whipped cream on top. I eat it off, I don't stir it in. I don't eat it any other time so I indulge the few times I get it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter