• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas Needed for 50th Wedding Anniversary with Covid

OP here. Because of Covid we are severe restrictions. However, we just celebrated one of our nicest anniversaries ever. On Thursday we had a quiet celebration with just DH, DD, and myself. We exchanged gifts, and enjoyed each others company. For dinner, we brought home dinner from one of our favourite restaurants.

The next day, a dear friend dropped off a complete turkey dinner she had prepared for us, with champagne and wine as well as party things she thought we would need for the next days zoom party.

Saturday was the zoom party with us and 5 other couples. A chicken dinner complete with decorated cake was dropped off so I wouldn't have to cook. Everyone ate their own supper in their own living room and visited over zoom . Then, they played the song DH and I had danced to on our 25th anniversary, as well as a waltz . Everyone danced in their own living rooms. Then the ladies dressed up in boas silly hats and party glasses while they lip synced to a song they chose for me because they decided I sang that song to DH "My Guy" We laughed all the way through. But they were not done! The men dressed up in cowboy hats and lip synced to "Hey, Good Lookin', because they figured that's what DH should sing to me. They hammed it up good while the ladies pretended to play guitars. One lady didn't have a real guitar so she made hers out of cardboard. It was a hoot!! Afterward, we played a game with questions I had prepared about DH and I. It didn't matter if they knew the answers or not. It was just silly conversational memories.

So, we ended up having a 3 day celebration. I feel so blessed with wonderful friends who went over and above to help us mark this golden wedding. Thank you for all your suggestions, ideas and best wishes.
How wonderful! Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! So glad that everything worked out and that you, your family, and your friends all made such special memories together! :)

Awww, that sounds like a great anniversary celebration. I'm sorry you didn't get the dance you envisioned, but it definitely sounds like your friends went over and above to make it special for you.

Thank you. It was so wonderful. Everyone had their living room decorated. I big party covering thousands of miles.

Thank you. It was so wonderful. Everyone had their living room decorated. I big party covering thousands of miles.

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you ended up with a fantastic celebration despite the circumstances. After Christmas I told my extended family that while it was difficult to be apart for all the major holidays and events we had in 2020, there was something a little extra special about the ways we managed to stay connected to each other throughout. We all had to be a little more thoughtful and work a little harder but it was a nice reminder of how important we all are to each other. It sounds like you felt the same thanks to your wonderful friends and family. I am so glad you felt so loved and celebrated for your special day.

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter