Ideas for kids having bdays?

opus_00

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm new here and thrilled that I found this board. Our first family trip to WDW will be in mid-October. We are leaving a few days after our daughter turns 1. Our son turns 3 a few days after we get back. Any suggestions for celebrating or just recognizing their birthdays while at Disney? Do they do anything special at the character meals for birthdays?

Thanks!

Paula

We are travelling in November for birthdays so I have been getting a lot of advice about this type of thing.

What I have learned is that you should mention it wherever you go that you are there celebrating birthdays. When you are making PSs mention it to the CM, as well as when you arrive. Depending on the restaurant they are supposed to do special things for people with birthdays. If you are staying onsite, mention it to the CM that booked your reservation or make sure that it is included on your reservation. I guess the chance of the hotel doing something special is hit or miss. Since this is the case, I have planned to decorate the room myself for my DSs special day.

Another tip I picked up is that at each park you can pick up special birthday buttons that your child should wear. These notify cast members that it is their birthday and they may receive special treatment. I have read a lot of great reports by people that have had magic all trip due to these pins but then other people have said not much happened. I have also decided to make my DS a special shirt that proclaims it his birthday. Anything to draw attention to his big occasion!

I am sure that other people have more suggestions. These are the few that I have found. We are really excited about spending our birthdays there this year, too! Here's hoping that we all receive a lot of pixie dust!

We will be celebrating my DD 6th bd while there. We noted it on the ps ressies for Cinderella's royal table for breakfast one day, and at Chef Mickey's dinner for another day.

We will also be getting the Bd pins when we arrive at the parks.

I am planning an unbirthday party for my 2.5 year old during one of our character meals so she doesn't feel left out. After all it's not her fault that we are traveling on her sister's birthday.

Have a wonderful trip and a super bd celebration.

i love the shirt idea as well as decorating the room

and we are also going in mid Oct. We set up PS at CRT, PSB, CP, and CM, and told all to note that it will be a birthday meal. There is a special celebration song at CM, and I believe at CM and CP (not sure about all the other places) they are given a special cupcake, placemat, and possibly confetti on the table. I hope DD1 gets a lot of attention, because she loves it! She will dressed as an appropriate character for most of her character meals, but I may leave the Pooh one at home since it looks too heavy in FL heat. I was also thinking of making shirts for all of us, and also for grandma, etc, who couldn't be there. Let me know if anyone comes up with anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter