Ideas for Girls' Trip

JaniceV

Earning My Ears
My daughter and I are going to Disneyworld for her 20th birthday. My boys are a bit younger so we don't really get to do anything we want when the whole family goes. We are so excited to do this. Anyone have any advice? I'm sure we can find plenty but I'm not a Disney expert yet. We plan to start going every year.

We are going for our DDs 21st birthday. We are trying to surprise her. She wants to eat at BOG for her birthday. We made a reservation and are ordering her a Snow White cake to have at BOG. We are also doing the Afternoon Tea at the GF. We are surprising her with some of her friends meeting us there and we are making matching birthday shirts. We are also doing the HDDR - her favorite show. I also am going to book a tour of MK but not sure which one.

Enjoy your time with your DD and make sure you get her a birthday button.

That sounds so cool! I didn't know much about the tours. We have a reservation at Crystal Palace because Pooh was her childhood favorite. BOG fills up fast! We also have one at the Boathouse at Disney Springs. Nothing else yet.

I know this may be surprising, but we never stay at the Disney hotels. Lol. We stay at the Hyatt Orange County. They have a shuttle to the park, and we love the guy who drives it because he always ends his little spiel at the end of the drive with, "Thanks for your par-ti-ci-PA-tion!" And it just cracks us up. We're Hyatt people and we get the hotel with the breakfast. The pool is nice, the beds are comfy, and the shuttle is wonderful. I'm sure staying at a Disney hotel would be wonderful, but it's always been out of our range--while the Hyatt has been just right.

Also, when you arrive the night before, shuttle over and spend the evening at Downtown Disney. Lots of fun! If you get a Landry's Restaurant card, they'll also seat you immediately at Rainforest Cafe'. The Disney shop there is wonderful, too. Lots to do!

I know quite a few people who stay off the resort. Last time our whole family stayed at Art of Animation in Disney and it was so easy. I figured with it just being my daughter and me, we may do a lot of back and forth between parks. We are also going to shuttle around between resorts to check out places for future visits. I have heard good things about the Hyatt.

This will be our first family trip to WDW and have been contemplating staying at a Disney resort or off their property as well. We are currently booked at Art of Animation but we are still weighing our options. Its certainly comforting to hear you like it so much at the Hyatt.

I know this may be surprising, but we never stay at the Disney hotels. Lol. We stay at the Hyatt Orange County. They have a shuttle to the park, and we love the guy who drives it because he always ends his little spiel at the end of the drive with, "Thanks for your par-ti-ci-PA-tion!" And it just cracks us up. We're Hyatt people and we get the hotel with the breakfast. The pool is nice, the beds are comfy, and the shuttle is wonderful. I'm sure staying at a Disney hotel would be wonderful, but it's always been out of our range--while the Hyatt has been just right.

Also, when you arrive the night before, shuttle over and spend the evening at Downtown Disney. Lots of fun! If you get a Landry's Restaurant card, they'll also seat you immediately at Rainforest Cafe'. The Disney shop there is wonderful, too. Lots to do!

This will be our first family trip to WDW and have been contemplating staying at a Disney resort or off their property as well. We are currently booked at Art of Animation but we are still weighing our options. Its certainly comforting to hear you like it so much at the Hyatt.

We have only been to WDW the one time and we were on the cruise, so we didn't stay at any properties. However, that said, we love the Hyatt and that's our hotel of choice whenever we travel, if at all possible. We have a free membership in their Gold Passport program, and you earn points for each stay that you can use to redeem for a night at a Hyatt property. So far we've had free nights in St. Louis, San Francisco, Boston, and three nights in a suite near Hyde Park, NY. Plus if you stay so many times per year (five stays or however manu nights), you upgrade to the next level. We are usually Platinum, but there are higher levels--which give you a bigger points bonus and other perks. Until they moved their hotels to all free wifi, that was a perk. Some hotels have premium speed and that becomes the perk (you don't have to pay for the faster speed), and of course there's the late checkout and the excellent service. Other perks have been free bottles of water, a couple of huge plates of fruit salad for my daughter (who was looking for fruit one night), and in Hyde Park, it was bending over backward to put us in a family suite instead of two double queen rooms--and they gave me back half my Hyatt points, which was crazy.

We are definitely a Hyatt family, as we like their service. That said--I've never stayed at a Florida Hyatt, but I would imagine that it would have a similar level of service. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

If you decide to stay at a Hyatt, definitely join Gold Passport. It's free. (LOL I sound like they've paid me but really, I'm just a happy customer.) :)

We have only been to WDW the one time and we were on the cruise, so we didn't stay at any properties. However, that said, we love the Hyatt and that's our hotel of choice whenever we travel, if at all possible. We have a free membership in their Gold Passport program, and you earn points for each stay that you can use to redeem for a night at a Hyatt property. So far we've had free nights in St. Louis, San Francisco, Boston, and three nights in a suite near Hyde Park, NY. Plus if you stay so many times per year (five stays or however manu nights), you upgrade to the next level. We are usually Platinum, but there are higher levels--which give you a bigger points bonus and other perks. Until they moved their hotels to all free wifi, that was a perk. Some hotels have premium speed and that becomes the perk (you don't have to pay for the faster speed), and of course there's the late checkout and the excellent service. Other perks have been free bottles of water, a couple of huge plates of fruit salad for my daughter (who was looking for fruit one night), and in Hyde Park, it was bending over backward to put us in a family suite instead of two double queen rooms--and they gave me back half my Hyatt points, which was crazy.

We are definitely a Hyatt family, as we like their service. That said--I've never stayed at a Florida Hyatt, but I would imagine that it would have a similar level of service. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

If you decide to stay at a Hyatt, definitely join Gold Passport. It's free. (LOL I sound like they've paid me but really, I'm just a happy customer.) :)

You sure sound like you wear a name tag for them! :P

You sure sound like you wear a name tag for them! :P

Haha! No I just like good service, and good perks, and being treated well...especially when we travel. And I like to share what I've found with others. Believe me--if I had a horror story, I'd share it. (That said...Comfort Inn? Don't do it. Trust me.)

For a Girls only trip I say everyone wears a corresponding tutu to their favorite princess! Blue for Cinderella, Yellow for Belle, Green for Tiana ect ect

My daughter and I are going to Disneyworld for her 20th birthday. My boys are a bit younger so we don't really get to do anything we want when the whole family goes. We are so excited to do this. Anyone have any advice? I'm sure we can find plenty but I'm not a Disney expert yet. We plan to start going every year.

Well our daughters are much younger 7 and 10 (at the time of the trip) so I guess it depends on her interests, but when I was 20 I just loved everything at WDW of course with a preference to bigger rides and shows :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter