• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for Christmas Day 2023

Kampta80

Earning My Ears
We have visited WDW/Orlando quite a few times during Christmas time. We are returning this December after a 4 year break.

Last time we spent Christmas Day in Fort Wilderness and we did horse riding, hired a boat, ate dinner at Trails End and then toured the campsite loops to see the amazing decorations in a Golf Buggy. We were looking forward to doing similar this year (with our favourite activity being the golf buggy hire), but I have recently found out that you can only rent a Golf Buggy if you are staying at Fort Wilderness :-( I know we can do a shared sleigh ride to see the decorations but we like the fun of doing it ourselves.

So I am going back to the drawing board. Any ideas for a fun activity to do (Disney or not-Disney) on Christmas Day and somewhere to eat ideally with carved meats, etc (we will be eating at Villa de Flora in Gaylord Palms the day after and have also seen the ICE! Exhibition before).

Trying to do this trip on a bit of a budget, so nothing too expensive :-)

Thank you!

Obviously you are a Disney holiday veteran. You did not even entertain the idea of a park on Christmas day!

Obviously you are a Disney holiday veteran. You did not even entertain the idea of a park on Christmas day!
The closest we've ever got to a Disney Park at Christmas is Christmas Eve and that was enough for us :-) Have also been to EPCOT on NYE. We've only got 3-day tickets this year for Disney as we're doing it all a bit differently this year (including starting off in The Keys), so looking for other ideas.

As far as I know, you can do a sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness with just your party. Is that changed for 2023?

As far as I know, you can do a sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness with just your party. Is that changed for 2023?

I'm not sure, but to be honest we enjoyed having the freedom of doing it ourselves in a buggy. Also since we found out Trails End is not longer a buffet we have gone off the whole Fort Wilderness idea :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter