Ideas for booking Pearl Harbor Tour?

caminosally

Earning My Ears
Any ideas out there for booking a tour for Pearl Harbor either via Alani CONCIERGE or on our own?

We booked on our own via the gov website.
It was super easy and free, but you would need your own ride (we had a rental car), and it books up fairly quickly so you need to be on it.

http://www.recreation.gov/tourSearchResult.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72369&tourId=0

We also paid to rent the Audio Tour headset, it was well worth it.

I have heard good things about booking through Aulani too, but the cost is higher for sure. It's a great way to go if there aren't anymore free tickets for the boatride out to the Arizona, and if you don't want to risk not getting tickets via standby.

We went on our own. Got up early (very early) to get ahead of most traffic. Also get there early to get ahead of all the tour buses. We also had a rental car.

We did it through Aulani (Hoholo tours?)

Benefit to this is you get the Punchbowl Cemetary, USS Arizona tix and USS Missouri without having to worry about availablity.
The driver was great and we learned alot about the island and hawaiian culture, etc. Alot fo fun! :cool1:

We booked on our own from the government website.
A few tips:
1. Go early the parking lot fills up quickly.
2. GPS does not get you there.....get directions at Aulani if you are driving your own vehicle.
3. Get the headsets.
4. Book your tour NOW!!!

We also booked ours thru the website, the same week we booked the resort so we had no trouble getting a time. We bought the passport so we had tix for the Bowfin, Museum, and Missouri as well as the Arizona, and they could be used over two days within a week's time (except the Arizona had to be the time you pick).

We used the directions from the website - it tells you what address to put into your gps to get you there directly, but their directions worked perfectly. We got directions from concierge for a few other locations and they were also direct, no troubles.

We had 11:00 tix and left Aulani at 8:45 on a Wednesday morning. We had no trouble parking by going then, and we had plenty of time to see the Bowfin before our time. In fact, we were queued up just behind the 10:45 group and they had a few extra slots so we got in early.

Be sure to either not take a bag or know you have to check it before entering for $3. It's to the right as you approach the main entrance.

I am going to Aulani for the first time with 10 of us. Did the Hoholo tours get Pearl Harbor tickets for you or did you have to get them yourself when you got there?

I am going to Aulani for the first time with 10 of us. Did the Hoholo tours get Pearl Harbor tickets for you or did you have to get them yourself when you got there?

Tickets to Pearl Harbor are free but are on a first come first serve. We got there around 930 and were given tickets for the 1145 ferry over to the memorial (unfortunately it was so windy our boat was cancelled). During our wait we did pay the 12 bucks to go on the USS Bowfin tour which killed about an hour. The tour of the Missouri is offsite via shuttle and it cost 25
Each

If you get the whole passport for the Missouri etc. in addition to the Arizona, how long does it take you to visit all 4? I'm thinking the swap meet will be fun to attend too, but don't really want to take an entire day for Pearl Harbor and the swap meet. If we want to stick to a half-day do we need to do just the Arizona?

If you do the tour from Aulani, the guide will get he tickets and hand them to you. They are for the 8:30 movie and ferry. We had time to go through the Bowfin before we had to go to the movie.
If you do the Aulani tour, there is no waiting in line for tickets...which was nice because the lines were long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter