• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ideas for a "see you soon" gift?

Bounce_Tigger

Your super-awesome safari guide for the next two w
I'm heading down to the world today (yay!) and I'm trying to think of ideas for friends who are taking their first trip this summer. They have three school aged kids so I was thinking something like a signed photo of the characters that says "see you soon!" Has anyone done anything like this? Any suggestions?

I'm heading down to the world today (yay!) and I'm trying to think of ideas for friends who are taking their first trip this summer. They have three school aged kids so I was thinking something like a signed photo of the characters that says "see you soon!" Has anyone done anything like this? Any suggestions?

This is a cute idea! What about buying a post card for each of them, having a character sign it and then sending it from Disney? You'd need to get some post card stamps to have with you. I also wonder about something like a pressed penny if you wanted to actually take something to them. You could give them 51 cents with it and say "for you to make your own when you get there" or something like that.

Be sure to get them maps for each of the parks if you can. One set for each of the kids. My ds has been almost a handful of times and could sit down and look at the maps for days. It'd be a great way to check out and plan what they would like to do as well.

I kind of like to compare it to the Sears wishbook that I used to plan my Santa wish list every year!

My sister and I were adults when our parents took us for a "surprise" (my aunt spilled the beans, but I acted surprised anyway) graduation trip (her undergrad, me grad school), but they got each of us character picture frames (mine was Pooh and friends, hers I think was Mickey and Pluto) and in the frames they had typed up in Disney font "We're looking forward to seeing you in May!!" - so we got the frames ahead of time, then we got to select a special picture (this was when you got them taken and looked at them at the front of the park) to go in the frames while we were there.

Maybe an autograph book. My kids loved the maps at that age also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter