• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ice Skaters!

What kind of skating do YOU enjoy?

• Figure skating

• Hockey

• Speed Skating

• Synchro

Results are only viewable after voting.

I'm pretty serious about it I'm in competitions and exhibitions and ice shows. And starting in summer I'll be skating about 5 days a week which is what I'm doing now but that's just cuz of ice show rehearsals.

I'm pretty serious about it I'm in competitions and exhibitions and ice shows. And starting in summer I'll be skating about 5 days a week which is what I'm doing now but that's just cuz of ice show rehearsals.

Question: How much money does everything (in all) for ice skating cost?

Question: How much money does everything (in all) for ice skating cost?
Well there's private lessons 2-3 times a week which are about $20 each depending on the coach. Then you have to pay for the ice time which you can pre-pay and save some money and that is over $100 when you sign up for a lot of ice time. And of course you have to have skates, and my new ones just cost about $800 for the boots and about $100 for the blades. Then there are classes which are usually $50-$60. And every time I compete, there is a registration fee for whichever events you are in. Exhibitions at my rink are less than $10 to register and ice shows are $100 & up depending on how many numbers you are in. YES- It is a very expensive sport but I really love it or else my parents wouldn't still be paying for it!

its not that bad you get injuries sometimes but not to bad but everyonce in a while youll get a bad one like a couple of weeks ago me and my friend checked each other and we both fell i only got a concussion but he tore an acl and a concussion

Well I like being a couch potato and watching it on the tv. Also when I'm really brave sometimes I'll go to the rink and skate during open skate haha. I've also been to quite a few major competitions. I'm absolutely in love with Yu-Na Kim, Rachel Flatt, and Johnny Weir makes my life complete haha. Those are definately my favorites out of all the competitions I've been to also I fell in love with Joannie Rochette last year at the Olympics it was so inspiring to watch her skate :)

its not that bad you get injuries sometimes but not to bad but everyonce in a while youll get a bad one like a couple of weeks ago me and my friend checked each other and we both fell i only got a concussion but he tore an acl and a concussion

Yikes! Sounds painful! Well, my skating injuries can sometimes get pretty bad. I always have 2 or 3 bruises but sometimes I hurt my wrist or ankle too. Nothing TOO serious.

Well I like being a couch potato and watching it on the tv. Also when I'm really brave sometimes I'll go to the rink and skate during open skate haha. I've also been to quite a few major competitions. I'm absolutely in love with Yu-Na Kim, Rachel Flatt, and Johnny Weir makes my life complete haha. Those are definately my favorites out of all the competitions I've been to also I fell in love with Joannie Rochette last year at the Olympics it was so inspiring to watch her skate :)
Cool! Oh yeah I love all those skaters (not so much Johnny Wier, but that's ok!) I also like Evan Lysacek, Ryan Bradley, and Alyssa Czisny.

Cool! Oh yeah I love all those skaters (not so much Johnny Wier, but that's ok!) I also like Evan Lysacek, Ryan Bradley, and Alyssa Czisny.

Haha Johnny Weir is so funny :) though I do call him Johnny Weird sometimes he's definitely my guilty pleasure, he's such a diva! I like Evan Lysacek too but I'm sad that him and Nastia are not dating anymore they were the cutest couple ever with both of there gold medals :).

My dd14 skates 4 times a weeks, She also does synchro skates and that is her favorite part of skating, And I like to see her skate, it is such a great sport.:cheer2:

I skated for nine years, five of those on a few different synchro teams! By the time I was done (I'm in college now, so I don't have time to skate anymore, nor does my school have a rink), I had passed my Juvenile freestyle and Novice moves. I had just started dance my senior year, and was on my Pre-Bronze dances, solo track. Synchro is without a doubt my favorite part of the sport though. sk8erkelly, where do you skate?

I skate at a rink in a suburb right by Chicago. It's about 10 minutes away from my house and a few more minutes from my school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter