Ice and Coffee

sra12574

Earning My Ears
2 things I would like to know a little more about while staying at Fort Wilderness is Ice and Coffee. I know the comfort stations sell ice but I hear the bags are small and are 2 bucks that you need change for . Does the Gas stations on site at Disney sell Ice . If so how much and what size bag .
Also I am planning on getting a refillable mug and I'm a coffee drinker . I can get by with a single cup and I dont mind a small trek I did it when I stayed at some of the other spots on property . Where are the places you can get coffee . Thanks for any info you give and I hope that you have a wonderful time at Disney too .

You can get coffee at Trail's End and The Meadow Trading Post. You can also buy a bit better ice at the Trading Post. Yes, the gas stations sell ice at a better price than the Posts.

You can get coffee and Ice at the meadows. Not sure of the price of Ice though, but you are pretty sure to get a full bag.

You can also get coffee at the Pool Snack Stand, Trails End, and I think the Settlement trading post too (but I am not 100% certain about that one.)

No coffee at the Settlement Trading Post. :(

Last edited:

I think the coffee pickings are a little slim at the Fort since many of us just make our own coffee. All of the sites have electricity (except maybe the group site???) so it might be just as easy and cost-effective for you to bring your own maker along or even pick a basic one up at a local Walmart or Target.

Coffee for refill mugs at Trails End takeout all day even in the morning. On our recent March trip my dad enjoyed his walks over there from loop 100 to fill up (and get a refill).

Bama Ed

PS - sodas can be refilled at TE takeout too of course.

Last time we were at the fort in Nov 2014, it wasn't a far walk for us from the 1400 loop to the meadows or the pool snack bar. We had the dining plan on that trip and got the mugs included. I made good use of it. Aside from Water, coffee is my go to drink.

Just an FYI so you don't have to find out the hard way...You should be aware that the Meadows opens in the morning around 8:00am. The T.E. is about a half hour earlier. So if you're up with the sun it can be a long wait for coffee (There are usually several people waiting with their coffee mugs when they finally open the doors). This may also be an issue for you if you want to be at the parks first thing in the morning.

I have an old style "Perc" type coffee pot (No electricity required.) I will brew a pot, take my cup, then leave it on the stove (burner off of course) and then just warm it up when I need a fresh cup. I get my morning cup of coffee before I ever venture out, so for me, it's not an issue, but it's a good point to note going forward.

I have used the ice machines at the comfort stations for the money they really are not bad. You get alot of ice and better than having to drive anywhere.

I have an old style "Perc" type coffee pot (No electricity required.) I will brew a pot, take my cup, then leave it on the stove (burner off of course) and then just warm it up when I need a fresh cup. I get my morning cup of coffee before I ever venture out, so for me, it's not an issue, but it's a good point to note going forward.

We make our own too but we use a french press. Takes only a few minutes to brew (since you just boil water) and saves money too. Of course I wouldn't mind an excuse for a nice long morning walk by myself!

I have a french press too, but I don't use it as much anymore since I learned about Cafestol and how they can raise your cholesterol. I love coffee made with a french press or even with a reusable filter but apparently only the paper filters will reduce the cafestol to a reasonable level. If not for the fact that I have borderline high cholesterol, I wouldn't even care though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cafestol

Have you tried pour over? It's even more delicious than French press and is filtered through a paper filter.

I spent 8 years in the military in my "Early" coffee drinking years. I have drank coffee (if that's what some of that stuff was actually called) just about every way it can be made. Sludge cooking all day long, boiled, Percolated (Old style boiling up through the pipe or newer mister coffee style), French press, pour over, Keruig, reusable Keruig style, boiled and then filtered, instant, flavored, re-brewed, iced, strong, really strong, OMG strong, weak, very weak, Is this just colored water weak, with cream, sugar, artificial sweetener, or without any of them or any variation of...

While I have my preferences of how I truly "Enjoy" my coffee (very lightly sweet and some heavy cream at a temperature that is warm enough to call it hot coffee but cool enough to enjoy NOW), I am more often concerned about the convenience and my health. Things like French Press or pour over style are good but require direct attention during the process as opposed to my 12 cup coffee maker (mister coffee) that I set up, then start it, and come back multiple times.

The funny thing is, is that I used to HATE coffee. It's because of the military that I now drink and enjoy it. (Perhaps too much too) Oh well, I suppose there are WORSE things I could be addicted to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter