Ibotta question and also extra hints

Carrie Ellis

DIS Veteran
My sister and I just started Ibotta. We have been doing Swagbucks and Shopkicks but this one is new to us. My sis downloaded the app and was able to scan a yogurt that has 5x on it. She submitted a receipt and was able to get the $1 coupon. She went to Walmart today and bought another yogurt. The yogurt no longer comes up on Ibotta. Will it eventually come back? We thought the 5x meant you can using the coupon 5 times and did not know that it will go away!

So should we see it come back after a certain amount of time?

And what other hints, tricks or good things to know should we know?

Thank you for all your help! I would not know about how to save so much if it was not for this board!!!

Carrie

Last edited:
belle2008, thanks! I had signed up for Ibotta a couple of months ago but had not tackled it yet. My sister signed up a couple of days ago and noticed a couple of coupons on Ibotta for Shopkick purchases. So now we are both trying to figure out how to use it! Thanks!

Walmart always has many more deals than other stores on Ibotta. So make sure you go to the right store because I have assumed that a deal was everywhere (or forgotten which store it was for) and it was not. I tend to just buy what I buy and if there is a deal, great, but some of the refunds are too good to pass up, especially if it's an item we've been wanting to try. Also a receipt is good for a week so if a new deal suddenly appears after you've shopped, you can use the same receipt as long as it has not expired. (Did that make sense?)

I noticed today when I opened ibotta that I could add my Fred Meyer card so it will automatically look for offers I've added. It also had Kroger, Rite Aid, QFC and Kmart. I'm not sure if there are others for those in different area's, obviously FM and QFC are regional to the PNW so you may have others. I think it also said it was in beta so I don't know if that means only certain markets/users have it or not.

Cross posting this in case you see it somewhere else :)

Haven't tried iBotta yet, but I do have a question...

Does iBotta care about your payment method? That is to say, does it matter if I pay with a gift card?

Haven't tried iBotta yet, but I do have a question...

Does iBotta care about your payment method? That is to say, does it matter if I pay with a gift card?

No it doesn't matter how you pay. You scan the receipt and it reads what you bought. You can also shop online through the app like my points and it just records what you buy.

Check the app frequently. Bonuses add up fast and are often last just for a few days! I've earned a little over $200 since I joined in mid December. About $75 of that is bonuses!

I have used iBotta for about two months. It is a great way to buy what you usually get and get a few cents or dollars as well.

If you travel, make sure to look at the Expedia/Hotels.com/Travelocity deals in Ibotta. Those offers add up super fast.

Also note: Fred Meyer (a Kroger store) recently went to no receipt cash back. You have to link your FM card to Ibotta. It took me a while to get mine to link, but when it did, I got my cash back almost instantaneously.

My sister and I have combined using Shopkicks, coupons.com and Ibotta and it is working out great! Right now on Shopkicks from Walmart, they have the 7th generation bundle. You have to buy the laundry soap and dish soap for the 850 SKs. At .004 cents per kick that is a $3.40 value. Then there is a $2 coupon on coupon.com and a $2 back on Ibotta.

Love Ibotta, I have earned over $750 since I joined back in 2017. I buy Starbucks GC to use while at Disney and this year I have also bought Uber GC to use while there. Sometimes between coupons and Ibotta the item ends up being "free".

Over 800 and have been using since August 2017. Join an Ibotta group on facebook. Huge help in free and money maker items. Look into Checkout51, SavingStar, and Fetch as well (all similar to Ibotta)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter