I192 Traffic

Kenbar

Mouseketeer
I understand that the I192 has been very busy recently due to the number of visitors staying in Kissimmee and roadworks. Anyone know the latest situation and any tips travelling to/from WDW from mile marker 13 (Medieval Times)

Ken

Ken, when we were there in March the roadworks were finished and the 192 is now a pretty palm tree laden avenue which was a joy to travel along after all the trouble of the last couple of years. It isn't the fastest route as it's many intersections mean inevitable stops at traffic lights all along the way. For a swifter and more direct route to WDW take the Osceola Parkway right onto World Drive.

These links to maps might help

192 Map 5 (markers 11 to 13)

Overview of 192

Use Oceolla Parkway, it is a toll road, but I don't think the tolls are on that stretch. Even if it costs $1 , it's worth the time saved as it's usually clear.

Hi kenbar.I have not heard of heavy traffic on the 192.I have been keeping a eye on the traffic.Checked out a couple of sites ie orlandosenital and insidecentralflorida.com and they say no heavy traffic or construction.What have you heard and on what web sites?

You mentioned ticketmaninc to me a week or so ago and im having secound thoughts about them.I have been waiting since tuesday for a confirmation of some tickets i have brought from them and still no word.I asked them to deliver and they won`t because im staying at my timeshare resort and they don`t deliver to them!!!!!!!!!!

i have noticed that they open at 8 oclock and are by the number 14 marker so i will go down next sunday to collect them if i get an email reply from them today, if not im going to talk to my credit card company to stop the transaction.

have a good holiday not for you now and only one week for me.

I can't remember exactly where i heard about the traffic but it was in thiis forum somewhere.

I have sent you a PM about Ticketmaninc.

Ken

We were there from 30 July to 21 August staying off US27 in a villa. I can tell you now that parts of 192 are great, clear and easy to travel down. But if you have to go from US 27, overall its slow going and was taking us 30 minutes plus to get to Disney. We found it quicker to take I4 instead, both to Disney parks and Universal. We are never again going to stay off US27! On an average day I reckon we were spending 2 hours in the car!
Ian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter