I Will NEVER Eat At _______ In WDW Again!!

Mama Melrose in Hollywood Studios. I must say I have eaten at a ton of Disney restaurants and this is the only one I have left disappointed. Food was decent but not up to Disney's par. Our waitress was awful and just seemed miserable to be there. I spilled my drink, saw the waitress at the table beside me look at me while it tipped then she just turned around. We only had two of us at the table so we soaked up what we could with the two napkins we had (thank goodness it was just water!) but the table and everything was soaked. Our waitress didn't come back for 15 minutes and though the table was visibly wet she didn't mention it nor did she acknowledge my empty glass. I am very forgiving to wait staff as I have been a waitress for 10 years but they were just horrible there..

Great question---after reading these comments I am thinking about cancelling some of my ADR's LOL

I do agree, Chef Mickey's is not the cleanest and the food is over priced. You are basically paying for the experience.

Unfortunately. my list would be too long to type. It's horrible how (IMHO) the quality of food has declined at Disney. Perhaps I go too often and so I notice how the food has changed over the years. Used to LOVE LOVE LOVE Crystal Palace for dinner, but no more. Got sick after Cape May last time, which really is a shame as it has always been a must do. 'Ohana, Kona and Kouzzina and 50's PTC are the only four that I am willing to return to. We will try BOG this time around, but only because it's new to us.

Mama Melrose was gross (only went for the F! Package).

We'll have a car, so I guess we'll mainly eat offsite.

Coral Reef and most CS in DHS. DH got food poisoning from Backlot Express and I've been served cold, lifeless food from ABC Commissary twice and will not waste my money there again. With Coral Reef, I just don't understand how a restaurant with a huge aquarium serves such bad seafood. Do they not want to offend the fish in the tank? I hear the meat dishes are good, but I won't waste time there again until maybe my DD gets old enough and requests it. Even then she'll have to convince me.

restaurants have ups & downs. With the many times we have been to the world the only restaurant I will never go back to is Le Cellier. My Prime rib was tough-they took it back & never took it off the bill. We didn't realize that they hadn't taken it off the bill until after paying the check & then we couldn't find the server or manager-gave up & left.

I'm pretty easy to please but my vote would have to go to Hollywood and Vine. I thought "It's a buffet, surely it will have something for everyone and they can make it work." It was just sticky and the service was poor. I would have happily refilled my water glass myself if I could have.

I really think that because the breakfast is more tailored for the youngest of Disney Fans in the preschool set that lots of Mickey Waffles are consumed there and thus lots of syrupy sticky fingers touch everything there and that might account for why the whole place just seemed to have this glaze of primordial goo on all of the surfaces much like sticky syrup coated with lint, sweat and ick.

Ugh, Chef Mickey's for breakfast was a total disaster. I was shocked at how shabby the place was! I have never seen any other Disney restaurant look as raggedy as that place. It was almost like being at a Disney version of Golden Corral or some other yucky buffet.

ABC Commissary was another bust. The space was fine but the food was pretty gross. I have heard they updated the menu a bit but I wouldn't take a chance.

Hands down....LTT for Dinner. Processed crap IMHO!.

Other one would be Captain Cooks....just terrible....

Unfortunately. my list would be too long to type. It's horrible how (IMHO) the quality of food has declined at Disney. Perhaps I go too often and so I notice how the food has changed over the years. Used to LOVE LOVE LOVE Crystal Palace for dinner, but no more. Got sick after Cape May last time, which really is a shame as it has always been a must do. 'Ohana, Kona and Kouzzina and 50's PTC are the only four that I am willing to return to. We will try BOG this time around, but only because it's new to us.

Mama Melrose was gross (only went for the F! Package).

We'll have a car, so I guess we'll mainly eat offsite.

You're not alone...we eat offsite more than on now. Not only does it pay for the car itself, the least on my list offsite is better than the average 2ts.

NEVER again:
- Rainforest Cafe: so LOUD, with Applebee's food at 3x the price.
- Crystal Palace: This place and Biergarten helped me discover that I am just not a fan of buffets...lukewarm, unappealing food.
- Biergarten: See above. It was worth going once just for the show, though.
- The Wave: hospital-conference-room atmosphere with hospital cafeteria-esque food to match.

Not for a while:
- Yachtsman: had bad service here, and learned I don't care for aged beef. For now, there are other steakhouses on property more worth my time.
- Marrakesh: loved the atmosphere but did not care for the food (strange as we *love* the Moroccan CS). Could see us going back in a while and giving different menu items a shot, but for now there are other Epcot TS we want to try.

I can't believe Remy left Chefs for the Derby. :confused3

:lmao:

Great question---after reading these comments I am thinking about cancelling some of my ADR's LOL

I do agree, Chef Mickey's is not the cleanest and the food is over priced. You are basically paying for the experience.

I think this site and the awesome people on it are a great resource! I know opinions are opinions, but if you get enough of the same opinions about a place or thing, it is a pretty good indicator, I think.

Coral Reef-Never again! Over an hour wait past ressie. Host took us to a two seater table in the middle of the floor, crammed in between two other tables. Waiter's butts in out faces, as they serve other tables. Horrible service until the bill arrived, when server give me a compliment on my big, shiny diamond ring (really? It's not THAT big). Ordered steaks, husband's nice looking, mine looked like it was recycled from someone elses leftovers. Full of salt and grease. Ordered Chocolate Wave for dessert and was sad to see they had changed the molten lava cake to something different. It was dry, and inedible. That was the only thing that could have made that dinner enjoyable:(

Cinderella's Royal Table-Food was awful. It was our anniversary dinner, so it was more about the atmosphere. Felt awkward and snubbed when Ariel and Jasmine were going to everyone elses tables to talk and to take pictures, then they fluttered right past us like we were invisible. Way overpriced for what you get there.

The only place we will never, ever, ever repeat is:

Tangerine Cafe (QS at Morocco)

We both hated it & felt sick afterwards.
I think it was just because we disliked the food & hated the seasonings they used.

I will not go back to 1) Pecos Bill as I found the burgers cold and rubbery, the fixin's bar filthy with kids using their hands, dirty tables, dirty restrooms. 2) Toy Story Pizza Planet as I found the pizza to be horrid and the salads old & dry. 3) Cosmic Rays as I found the same issues as Pecos Bills.

Hands down....LTT for Dinner. Processed crap IMHO!.

Other one would be Captain Cooks....just terrible....

You know, the thing that amazes me about LTT is that the lunch is so much better. I don't like the dinner either and felt the same way you do. But they have one of the most freshest, tasty salads at lunch. (the Colony Salad)-you can even tell the dressing was made fresh...:confused3

LTT-lunch-colony-salad-2.jpg

Photo courtesy of www.disneydiningreviews.com

You know, the thing that amazes me about LTT is that the lunch is so much better. I don't like the dinner either and felt the same way you do. But they have one of the most freshest, tasty salads at lunch. (the Colony Salad)-you can even tell the dressing was made fresh...:confused3

LTT-lunch-colony-salad-2.jpg

Photo courtesy of www.disneydiningreviews.com

YES! This salad is consistently good!

Great question. . .I am admittedly overly critical of Disney Dining because I have been eating there for over 20 years (from a qualified standpoint) and find over those 20 years the quality overall has become mediocre at best while the prices even at the best possible restaurants are insulting.

If one has a car and doesn't mind leaving the Disney Magic, or if you simply walk to Dolphin or Swan, you'll find what Disney dining should be.

Anyway here are my top 5 never visit again (assuming management doesn't change) and (there are way more than five):

Kona Breakfast was awful. Fat, sugar and some corn syrup added on top of fat and sugar to hide how horrible the food is. Crap Kona coffee knockoff. Service was atrocious. Shameful.

Yachtsman. . . overrated. Meh service as well. Shulas would put them out of business if Disney didn't protect them with the DDP (Frame of Reference: Chicago steakhouses - if you're going to drop $60 to $100 a person, you should be at least as good as Chicago Chop).

Le Cellier. Apparently Salt is the chief export of Canada. The move to 2TS credits was ridiculously arrogant. Service is good though, but I still won't go back.

Chefs de France. Do I even need to elaborate?

Every TS restaurant at MK. . . why do I have to leave the park to get a decent TS meal? (pre-Fantasy land expansion since I haven't been since.)

I do have favorites too, and there are some gems, but that wasn't your question.
Please share gems! Looking for some great food, we will apparently "suffer' through some character experiences for the kiddos, but we would love some great food as well! Thanks!

I hate to say this but "Whispering Canyon".....It's CRAZY LOUD and after a day at the parks, I'd rather not be forced to scream every time someone needs ketchup, or get my kids up and down from the table for a hundred activities while my food gets cold!! It was a HUGE annoyance. The food was good, but the "shtick" was not!

The TS restaurant in Morocco. My dad and I got food poising there when I was a kid.

And, Fulton's Crab House. I ordered fish and it was very undercooked. When I asked if they could cook it more they were extremely rude. The chef came out and gave me attitude about not liking his food. Eventually they said that they could not recook food that had already been eaten. The new piece of fish they cooked me was even more undercooked. It was actually pink in the middle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter